• Advertisement

172b. Glove World R.I.P.

Jjs Goodman

Rating?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• 5/5 Stars: Hey look, Mr. Krabs installed a new kiddie ride!
    • 4/5 Stars: Chum is Metabolic Fuel!
    • 3/5 Stars: It seems we have reached an impasse.
    • 2/5 Stars: Meow?
    • 1/5 Stars: DEUGH! HORRIBLE!

nickelodeon.pngspongebob-squarepants.png

#172B - Glove World R.I.P.

Premieres:

Tuesday, April 3rd @ 5:00 PM ET/PT

Encores:

April 3rd: 7:00 PM ET/PT

Plot:

SpongeBob and Patrick spend a final day at Glove World before it shuts down forever.

Clip:

http://spongebob.nic...m/videos/clip/s ... -clip.html

618px-Sbgloveworldrip-1.png

* Yikes...creepy music and title card!

* We haven't seen SpongeBob's library in a while, have we?

* How did the people crash into his house?

* Heh, SpongeBob walking naked reminded me of the movie.

* So now we know how Patrick got his pants back..

* Poor SpongeBob and Patrick..I feel their pain. :(

* Reminds me of the tup cup ride.

* The Glove Drop reminded me of the Tower of Terror.

* So, they have assigned seats? I guess they know SB and Pat visit each day.

* Well, maybe because people are getting hurt? :P

* Uh oh, runaway Ferris Wheel!

* Also, is that the fist of pain in the background?

* Yikes, some messed up rides..

* Fix up Glove World eh?

* Wow, that's an impressive ability of SpongeBob's.

* I lol'd at the old lady scene.

* Yikes, poor mascot.

* Oh boy...

* I lol'd at the scenes with everybody's clothes being ripped off. Some adult humor I see.

* They're safe!

* or not..

* Bye Glove World...

* Glove Universe eh? I wonder if this will play out into the later episodes...we'll see! For the most part, good episode, with some funny bits. Reminded me of an older episode a bit. A shame we didn't see rides like Tunnel of Glove or Fist of Pain, but oh well.

Grade: A

This episode was written by the same guys that wrote "Dear Vikings".

Thank goodness this episode was 25 times better in every possible way imaginable than that mess. There were so many funny parts that I forgot what I was laughing at, but I do remember that the beginning was hilarious, and the whole montage section with Sponge and Pat trying to "fix" Glove World was amazing, and the ending, while a bit sad, was funny as well. I liked the running gags ("Has the world gone MAD?!") too.

It had a simple premise, a nice little Pre-Movie charm, and a ton of jokes that were smart and incredibly funny. Great work from Aaron Springer, for a change! :)

A. It's not an A+, because of the shots of Patrick's butt and the incredibly annoying and incredibly long "NOOOOOOOOO!" gag. Otherwise, quite the amazing episode.

Another winner for the amazing Season 8.

Great episode! I loved it and it was hilarious. My favorite part was when the Glove World employee was in his costume and the little kid kicked his shin. "HEY! Little brat!" OMG I was laughing so hard.

Grade: A 9/10

What an awesome episode! This episode was great! I liked the reoccuring scnes (the library that hasn't been showed in a while and the painting on the wall that at least for me, I haven't seen since "Suds". When thinking how this episode would turn out earlier today, one of my solutions to the ending of the episode was that Glove World would be replaced by a new one that looked exactly like it. This episode proved me wrong, I love Glove Universe! I liked seeing Patrick wear a Glovey Glove Costume and attack people with a malet! xD Anyways, I liked also how they rode all the rides that we usually see (at least what I saw when looking at a picture) on the enterance to Glove World. The background characters made this episode a hoot! The scene where SpongeBob and Patrick yelled "Noooo!" kind of was annoying, but not really. There were few things that I didn't like but, overall this episode was pretty good.

A

(edit because I realized how great this episode was I changed it from A- to A)

Let's review this episode.

==================================================================

* Sudden library change.

*Wow. I'm not sure how SB has the money to pay for this.

*Looks like Glove World is closing down. A shame to SB & Patrick.

*Going to Glove for the last time. They find out the park is closing down, and spend the last day

of their lives at Glove World. They also treat the manager like a god.

*Even the gentlest rides can be evil.

* HOW IS THE GLOVE DROP A RIDE?

* Sponge & Pat - they have assigned seats on the suicidal pirate ship.

* Even the ferris wheel is dangerous as consuming poison!

* Surprised Glove World has stayed open for this long.

* Old lady who hates new improved Hall Of Mirrors hates new improved Hall Of Mirrors.

* Don't worry, one-shot mascot. Kids are evil.

* And the people riding the chairlift were banished to forever embarassment.

* The roller coaster is a failure. People land, people lose a couple thousand bills.

* And so Glove World has closed down. It'll soon be transformed by some RCT player.

* And Glove Universe comes to take it's place. Write down to put in spin-offs.....

Pretty decent episode. We haven't had an episode focused on Glove World for a while, and it

was executed well, if you ask me. GRADE: B

Great Episode! I hope Glove World continues on into the series though. With the lack of countinuity, it probaly will. My favorite part of this episode would have to be the surprising twist at the end where Glove World is closed and a new theme park, Glove Universe opens. Defentially a surprise for me. Grade:A+(It really deserves it.)

I thought it was a great episode. I loved all the things SpongeBob and Patrick did to help Glove World stay open, especially at the end where they chain themselves to the front and Patrick wearing the Glovey Glove costume. Glove Universe seems interesting, I do wonder if we'll see it in other episodes.

I see some positive banter going on around this site about this episode, but in reality...I didn't like it very much. You've all probably seen my regretful videos, and this was number 18. It's just that it is very cheap and unfunny. But, if you like it, good for you. I cannot control everyone's opinions. 

• Like 2

Honestly, I really love this episode, despite people hating this episode. Like, so much that I’m considering adding this to my best list. I have a bunch of reasons for this, so here they are:

• First of all, I really love seeing all the broken rides. For some reason I’ve always loved to see how things are effected by something or throughout time and so on, or in general just how this progress, for whatever reason. So seeing how all these rides decayed into being broken and messed up like this is really cool to me. Espicially since these are theme park rides that are effected too, and I like theme parks too. Which speaking of that...
  • I like theme parks and defitenly am interested in what they can do with them in the show, espicially considering I love all the glove world episodes in this show, and this is no exception. It’s very fun to see what they do with glove world in this show, and I really enjoy it.
  • This episode is very funny and humorous to me. There are so many jokes that I love in this episode, and other things that are humorous. The broken rides, the ferris wheel scene where it’s intense with how Patrick needs to jump off the ferris wheel, only for him to just easily jump off near the ground, Glove Patrick, “We’ve gone this far, why start now?”, the Glove Drop ride, the lemonade stuff in the beginning, the glove puns, Patrick saying he’ll remember his line only to immediatly forget it, the ways SB and Patrick tries to fix the park, the ending, etc. I really find this episode to be very funny and humerous
  • The episode is also another one of those episodes where its very fun and entertaining to watch in general, and it honestly feels exciting and sorta fast paced to me. The many broken rides and the ways they try to fix the park, espicially the ferris wheel scene and the roller coaster scene near the end, are honestly very fun and exciting. I honestly don’t get how people can get bored from this.
  • This episode has an amazing atmosphere. Similarily to something I mentioned above, I love the glove world theme park atmosphere, so this episode already has a great atmosphere to it. However, what makes it even better is that it also has a very depressing tone to it too. Since this is a park that Spongebob and Patrick really love, they are depressed that it is about to close down, and the depressing state of the park helps the depressing atmosphere too. 
  • Similarily, I love how Spongebob and Patrick are in this episode, as well as the episode’s story. They are characterized perfectly and Patrick is very funny in this. And most notably, like I said above, I love how Spongebob and Patrick feel depressed about the park being about to close, and are partially on denial that it is gonna close, wanting ot to stay around, but then realize why exactly the park needs to shut down, because the park is in a terrible state. They then try to fix the park,  and it’s funny how they ironically make the situation worse by trying to do this, finally causing everyone to leave the park. It’s very entertaining and humerous.
  • Finally, in general I love the idea of actually taking a notable location in the series, and doing something so major to it by putting it in such a bad state and having it about to close down. It’s so cool to me. I know they go back to using glove world in future episodes, but this isn’t a continuity based show. So this doesn’t impact how much I enjoy the epsode at all.

Also, along with this, I have no problem’s with the episode. I guess the glove puns scene goes a bit too long, but the puns are still good and its not like it’s horribly too long. Overall, this is an amazing 10/10 episode and theres a very good chance it makes my best list. It’s very underrated and overlooked. Considering how amazing this episode and Roller Cowards are, along with the theme park I mentioned above, I’m very hyped for the Escape Glove World special coming in  s12. I could see that episode even being my favorite of the whole series, since that sounds like the best theme park premise of all, and I’ve wanted to see what post sequel can do witth glove world for a while now.

Sorry if this is a low quality post, the site deleted most of this post partway through and I have school work to do today  so I had to rush it. X_X ‘ll edit this post if I remember anything I missed.