• Advertisement

Cartoon Network

Steel Sponge

I was referring to when it ended (September 08ish.) It was just Naruto and nothing more. And the creepy-ass Tom 4. Just...bleh.

I actually liked the anime adaptation of Naruto...until I gave the manga a second look and realized that the TV show was just becoming a non-stop orgy of unnecessary flashbacks and ridiculous filler. *sigh*

I actually liked the anime adaptation of Naruto...until I gave the manga a second look and realized that the TV show was just becoming a non-stop orgy of unnecessary flashbacks and ridiculous filler. *sigh*

I liked Naruto when it came out too. I was over it by the time Toonami ended, though. Only read like one volume of the manga.

Starting on March 30th, CN will be airing a Best of CN Block, which will include their old 90's shows, along with Foster's. I'm very happy that there's now something to get me out of my shell from Cartoon Network.

• Like 1

Since Cartoon Network has changed a bit since this topic died three years ago, and since I'm bored, Imma gonna bump it with my opinions on its current primetime programming. I'll give my brief thoughts on each show in order from least favorite to favorite...

7. Teen Titans Go! (For some reason, I don't feel like the small fanbase for this show on this site is going to give me a lot of flack for saying that the overall quality of this show at the moment is mediocre. For every decent episode I've seen like Mr. Butt, Brian, and Friendship, I've also seen facepalm-inducing garbage like Body Adventure, Salty Codgers, and Boys vs Girls. Oh yeah, and the slice-of-life problem turning into something surreal or something that can only be solved with supernatural and/or magical means premise I've been seeing in a lot of their episodes now is making me feel like I'm watching a less funny version of Regular Show. Hate to sound elitist, but I'm not ranking this any higher on my list until I see actual improvement.)

6. Clarence (Sorry guys, but I just find this show to be kind of boring and irritating. I feel most of its love comes from people seeing it as the "modern-day Hey Arnold!". While I've never seen an unbearably bad episode of it, I still don't get its sense of humor and the only episode of it I've truly liked so far is the one where Sumo was building a boat.)

5. Uncle Grandpa (Don't really get the hatred for this show, it's not that bad. Just because it's insane nonsense doesn't mean it's awful. Nothing great, but I don't mind it when there's nothing else on.)

4. The Amazing World of Gumball (Season 3 of this show has actually been kinda good, especially with some gems like The Kids, The Mirror, The Void, and The Question, and the whole show in general I kind of like for being like a kids version of a trippy Adult Swim show. :P Unfortunately, CN STILL hasn't learned their lesson with overplaying the fudge out of some episodes until they finally wear out their welcome. If I see The Dream, The Pony, or The Sidekick on there one more time...)

3. Regular Show (Still pretty good. I think everyone already knows that I've not truly kept up with this show in a while, but the more recent episodes that I have seen of it have been fine. I also finally saw Thomas Fights Back and really liked it.)

2. Steven Universe (This show is really cool, I've been enjoying it a lot more than the other former Adventure Time worker show on CN right now, as you can plainly see. I just love all the characters and the all-together mix of action, slice-of life, and supernatural stuff. Oh yeah, and that fusion episode with Steven and Connie was great.)

1. Adventure Time (...Kind of what I said about Regular Show, only I've liked the more recent episodes I've seen of it better. Seriously, that computer glitch episode and the one where Finn went to that pillow world blew me away. Pretty fascinating stuff.)

Yeah...I think Cartoon Network has improved a lot since the dark days of 2009-2011. Seriously, for the first time in a long time, I don't think any show they're airing regularly is truly terrible.

• Like 2

I LOVE Steven Universe and Adventure Time. I stopped watching Teen Titans Go however due to the fact that it kept making me sad to see what they had done with the great original Teen Titans show, and the fact that they replaced Young Justice.

I've been growing more disdain for TTG more because of it getting more irritating and tiresome to watch. Every episode (with exceptions) is starting to feel the same to me (one, some, or all of the Titans but one is/are being a juvenile ass/asses, one or the rest of them has/have to play "straight man", episode drags with a bemusing running gag, something trippy happens, no one learns anything, episode ends), and it's just not that funny to me either.