• Advertisement

Religon, Oh Religon

dragiiin123

I've been going to church more often now, and the older I get, the more I discover the power of prayer, for I've seen miracles happen even in myself. It kind of hurts me when I hear someone doesn't believe in God at ALL, specially after I went to that retreat some weeks ago, It's like..man, so you're telling me all those wonderful things I've felt are just a mechanism of my imagination? :/ Once you FEEL it, you know that there's most definitely a God but that unfortunately, many of his followers aren't doing things like He'd want to. Taking it more on the fanatism side, and spreading a wrong idea of what God really is... :/

• Like 1

To me, that's no different than some Catholic saying "YOU'RE GOING TO HELL HURR DURR".

I honestly get annoyed when Catholics do that. I've heard them say "Oh you're going to Hell if you're not baptized!" or "Oh you're going to Hell because you used the Lord's name in vain." Who do they think they are? Even though I'm a Catholic, I believe it's God's choice on whether he wants to put someone in Heaven or Hell.

My family isn't really "borderline religion/something". My mom considers herself a Christian/Agnostic, so.. I'm kinda Christian-ish but I don't really rub it in people's faces.

not like when meeting an atheist and going "WELL WELL WELL YOU'RE GOING TO HELL FOR NOT BELIEVING IN THE LORD, WHEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GOD NOW....... OH WAIT, YOU DON'T HAVE ONE!".. yeah. I just.. gah that's terrible.

While I don't support Atheism, I think people have the right to decide how to treat the greater being that we call God whether we believe in him or not. But everything has a beginning of course, and maybe we come from a mix of genes of different species. But that's just my take on this.