• Advertisement

204b. The Whole Tooth

Jjs Goodman

Episode Rating  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Teeth: Tooth Island is a wonderful place!
    • 4/5 Teeth: Isn't this saltwater taffy just taffy-licious?
    • 3/5 Teeth: What seems to be the problem?
    • 2/5 Teeth: No Patrick, sit!
    • 1/5 Teeth: You leave my baby tooth alone you monster!

This episode was alright, I'm just surprised it took them this long to give us the obligatory "dentist episode". It wasn't filled with that many jokes, but I did enjoy the "Tooth Ferry" gag at the end. It had a decent beginning, middle and ending, sticking to its intent the whole way through without much filler. Patrick wasn't really unlikable here either, his attitude made sense (I've probably felt that way before with losing a tooth, although not to that extent lol), so I guess that's a plus. 

Grade: B+

• Like 2

You know, when Squidward was doing his usual spiel about bragging about how wrong they were, I was expecting an actual Tooth Fairy to appear which would've been a reason to roll my eyes and hate this episode.

So the "Tooth Ferry" pun actually was not something I predicted. Plus Squidward lost the bet so his punishment was reasonable.

Patrick eating a Krabby Patty through his nose was gross and the teeth being sentient was a little "eh" but most of Patrick's other gags in the episode were alright. "Not Wanted".

Plus the carnival and dentist were some refreshing new locations.

Grade: B

Now that's a wrap for 2016. I don't get why Nick didn't just air this back in October for The Spongebob Challenge. They could've taken the Season 10 episodes off the schedule and waited until after Factory Fresh to begin it.

• Like 2

I thought it was alright. I usually don't like episodes that center around teeth pain or sentient teeth, but this one was enjoyable and I thought the sentient teeth were cute. I especially liked the "tooth ferry" gag at the end. I knew Squidward was gonna be proven wrong, but I didn't think it would go that route which was a great twist. And I liked how SpongeBob and Patrick made Squidward take his punishment at the end.

Pretty good episode. I thought it was a bit dull around the middle, but it wasn't bad.

Pay attention "Spongebob" writers, this is how you do a "Squidward Karma" idea RIGHT!!!! This episode was mostly pretty good, it weirded me out a little at the beginning. The scenes with the taffy FELT like they belonged more in "Breadwinners" than on "Spongebob." Otherwise, a very good episode. 9.9 out of 10!

I thought this episode was alright, Patrick was being unlikable even though SpongeBob tried to help him back with his lesson about teeth. Squidward put it in this episode to prove they were wrong, but the twist shocked him that made them were right for once actually surprised me as well. i do like the "Tooth Fairy" gag at the end as they give Squidward as punishment. Overall, it's decent episode, and it wasn't that bad tbh.

Grade: B+

I was worried at first but I think they pulled it off well with this one. An ep about Patrick not wanting to lose his baby tooth. Sounds dumb and it is dumb but it didn't look as dumb here. Gags and imagination of the ep was cartoony without forcing it. I liked gags of music sounds, patrick trying to calm down teeth and the best joke of all "ferry/fairy" gag. I was totally expecting them to add actual tooth fairy during Squidward catching SpongeBob taking Pat's baby tooth but holy crap, such a clever twist for the show standarts. Also Squidward's teeth leaving him was funny too. This was a nice way to be such a cartoonish episode. Not my fav of s9b but it was still so good.

Grade: B+

Treating the tooth as a baby actually kept my attention even if the whole scared of the dentist cliché has been mostly overused. I'm glad SpongeBob knew the tooth fairy wasn't real but still told Patrick it was, kind of a level of maturity over his best friend Patrick. Oh wait- it's a Tooth Ferry... that's actually a pretty good joke. Good ep, I liked the aspect of making the teeth real because it felt really cartoony and I love that ending with Squidward's nasally sounding teeth running off.

This isn't just my favorite Season 9 episode, but one of my favorites for the show in general. The story just works so well, a very relatable story that pre movie thrived on. Patrick is portrayed perfectly, he is very likeable and fun throughout. The jokes are really funny, the lady's teeth and Patrick becoming the pond among others. Personifying the tooth works so well for the story. The twist is clever yet very funny at the same time. I really love this one, coincidentally the Season finale. 

• Like 1

I thought this was a pretty good episode. The concept here was nice and sort of relatable I guess? I don't know. Well, anyways, there were quite a few scenes here that were rather enjoyable, although the tooth being literally a baby tooth sort of got on my nerves to be honest. Despite that, everything else about this episode is good. Everyone was in-character, there was nothing too out of place and the ending is one of the funniest endings in the show's entire history. Overall, it's a good episode and while not the best of 9b, it's certainly one of the most enjoyable.

FINAL RATING: 7/10 (BETTER episode)