• Advertisement

Rank Every Pixar Movie From Best to Worst

Clappy

Thread concept based off the current discussion about Pixar on the XAT.  Well here they are:

Toy Story

A Bug's Life

Toy Story 2

Monsters Inc

Finding Nemo

The Incredibles

Cars

Ratatouille

Wall-E

Up

Toy Story 3

Cars 2

Brave

Monsters University

Doesn't include Inside Out, but if this thread gets bumped after release, feel free to change the list accordingly.

Rank from best to worst.

Here's my list. (Omitting Brave and Bug's Life since the former I haven't seen and the latter I only saw once a long time ago.)

Wall-E

Up

Toy Story 3

Toy Story

Finding Nemo

The Incredibles

Toy Story 2

Monsters, Inc.

Ratatouille

Monsters University

Cars

Cars 2

Wall-E through Toy Story 2 are untouchable, Monsters Inc through Uni are great, Cars is decent, Cars 2 is awful.

12. Cars

11. A Bug's Life

10. Monsters University

9. Toy Story

8. Monsters Inc

7. Ratatouille

6. Finding Nemo

5. Toy Story 3

4. Toy Story 2

3. Wall-E

2. Up

1. The Incredibles

Notes: Haven't seen Brave or Cars 2, so I didn't rank them; Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3 could easily switch places because I pretty much liked them the same

This was tough for me because so much of these are 10/10.  I would like to retract a statement made before ranking this based off what I said in my favorite films industrial park post.  Toy Story 1-3, I think I can break these apart now in terms of how much I like them.  Anyway, let's go.

1. Toy Story 2

2. Toy Story 3

3. The Incredibles

4. Finding Nemo

5. Wall-E

6. Up

7. Toy Story

8. Ratatouille

9. Monsters Inc

10. Monsters University

11. A Bug's Life

12. Brave

13. Cars

14. Cars 2

-Honestly, 1-8 are god tier.  That's how good I find Pixar movies.

-Monsters Inc is great.

-Monsters U, A Bug's Life, and Brave are good with Brave being slightly disappointing tbh after a recent viewing.

-Cars is ok.  I don't think it's a bad movie but this story could have been done a lot better.

-Cars 2 on the other hand is shit.

Top Tier Pixar (9.5-10/10)

Finding Nemo

Toy Story 3 and Toy Story 2- tie

The Incredibles

Wall-E and Up- tie

Ratatouille

Monsters University

Middle Tier Pixar (9/10)

Toy Story 

Monsters Inc.

Lower Tier Pixar (7-8/10)

A Bug's Life (Not bad, just...Not great.)

Brave

Cars

Cars 2

1. Monster's University

2. The Incredibles
3. Ratatouille

4. Monster's Inc.

5. Toy Story

6. Up

7. A Bug's Life

8. Wall-E

9. Toy Story 3

10. Toy Story 2

11. Cars

12. Finding Nemo

13. Cars 2

14. Brave

Cars 2 had Eddie Izzard to redeem it. I hated everything about Brave.

Can I do worst to best?

14. Cars 2

13. A Bug's Life

12. Brave

11. Cars

10. Monsters University
9. Monsters Inc

8. The Incredibles

7. Wall-E

6. Finding Nemo

5. Up

4. Toy Story 2

3. Toy Story 3

2. Ratatouille

1. Toy Story

My all-time Pixar favorites have been the Toy Story trilogy in general, but Ratatouille seems to be making a run for that title in my list.

1. Finding Nemo

2. Toy Story 3

3. Ratatouille

4. Wall-E

5. Toy Story 2

6. Up

7. Brave

8. Monster's Inc.

9. The Incredibles

10. Toy Story

11. Monster's University

12. A Bug's Life

13. Cars

14. Cars 2

If you count Disneytoon's Planes cheapquels those'd be at the bottom.

1. Finding Nemo
2. Toy Story 2
3. Monsters Inc.
4. Ratatouille
5. Wall-E

6. Monsters University

7. Toy Story 3
8. The Incredibles

9. Toy Story
10. Up
11. Cars
12. Cars 2
13. A Bug's Life
14. Brave

I don't care about Brave and A Bug's Life, really.

Is there a story behind these numbers

Like I'm really interested in hearing it because this is really some strange (and lowkey understandable) placement

You know how a lot of people think the end of Toy Story 3 is like totally perfect and a great representation of what growing up is like and everyone who was a kid when Toy Story came out felt like they were going to college with Andy so it hit them extra hard and that's why people rank it so high? It did nothing for me. I don't know if I didn't care enough about Toy Story or because I never let go of my childhood or what but I didn't feel anything when that ending hit. I know tons of people did and that's great because I understand why it did but it totally missed the mark for me so I just ended up thinking it was really heavy-handed. Monster's University was much more relevant to me and I thought the dialogue between Mike and Sully at the lake was much better and much less overtly "HEY GUYS THIS IS THE PART WHERE SHIT GETS REAL YOU SHOULD CRY NOW". It just stuck with me. I was finishing my Freshman year of college and Sully just saying "...deep down? I'm terrified" was so great and perfect and exactly what I needed to hear because I know what he's like in Monster's Inc and that development is amazing and vaguely inspiring (even though that sounds cheesy and lame). Knowing the scariest and most inspiring monster used to be terrified of failing everyone is oddly comforting. That and I thought everything about it clicked. Characters were great, development was spot on, and it looked gorgeous and colorful.

Finding Nemo I just never really liked. I thought all the characters were terrible. Dory and Nemo were annoying and Marlin was a dick all the time and I never root for him to find Nemo when I watch it. If it weren't for Darla then Nemo would've been so much happier in the tank in the dentist's office. The whole thing looks pretty but other than that I'm just not a fan.

• Like 1

Only ranking the ones I've seen...

9. Finding Nemo

8. Toy Story 2

7. Cars

6. Toy Story

5. Brave

4. The Incredibles

3. Toy Story 3

2. Monsters, Inc.

1. Ratatouille

Yeah, Finding Nemo has not aged well for me, as you can probably tell. I'm also not the biggest supporter of Toy Story in general. I'm prepared for the gunfire...

You know how a lot of people think the end of Toy Story 3 is like totally perfect and a great representation of what growing up is like and everyone who was a kid when Toy Story came out felt like they were going to college with Andy so it hit them extra hard and that's why people rank it so high? It did nothing for me. I don't know if I didn't care enough about Toy Story or because I never let go of my childhood or what but I didn't feel anything when that ending hit. I know tons of people did and that's great because I understand why it did but it totally missed the mark for me so I just ended up thinking it was really heavy-handed. Monster's University was much more relevant to me and I thought the dialogue between Mike and Sully at the lake was much better and much less overtly "HEY GUYS THIS IS THE PART WHERE SHIT GETS REAL YOU SHOULD CRY NOW". It just stuck with me. I was finishing my Freshman year of college and Sully just saying "...deep down? I'm terrified" was so great and perfect and exactly what I needed to hear because I know what he's like in Monster's Inc and that development is amazing and vaguely inspiring (even though that sounds cheesy and lame). Knowing the scariest and most inspiring monster used to be terrified of failing everyone is oddly comforting. That and I thought everything about it clicked. Characters were great, development was spot on, and it looked gorgeous and colorful.

Finding Nemo I just never really liked. I thought all the characters were terrible. Dory and Nemo were annoying and Marlin was a dick all the time and I never root for him to find Nemo when I watch it. If it weren't for Darla then Nemo would've been so much happier in the tank in the dentist's office. The whole thing looks pretty but other than that I'm just not a fan.

You know I'm glad you made that analogy with Toy Story 3 and Monsters University....because that's how I felt with Toy Story 3 since Toy Story was such a huge part of my childhood and watching Andy go off to college and leave his childhood behind him hit way too close to home since I was getting ready to head off to my university to live on campus.

Monsters University didn't do that for me when I saw it. I got exactly what they were going for with that scene but I didn't make an emotional connection since I survived college and while I didn't know where I was going with my future during my college years doubting myself, the potential was there for the movie to strike and it missed for me. Don't get me wrong, MU is still a good movie and all. But just nothing about it made me feel like I was watching a great Pixar movie except for the animation which was probably the only thing that wowed me about the movie.

Oh and completely disagree with you about Finding Nemo, but hey your opinion man.

1. Up

2. Toy Story 2

3. Toy Story

4. Monsters Inc.

5. WALL-E

6. Toy Story 3

7. Ratatoullie

8. Finding Nemo

9. The Incredibles

10. Cars

11. Cars 2

12. Monsters University

Movies I haven't seen yet

Brave

A Bug's Life

Not counting "Inside Out" (which I haven't seen yet), here is my pick of Pixar movies from worst to best.

14. "Brave" (this is WHY you should leave the Princess movies to DISNEY, Pixar!)

13. "A Bug's Life" (even the now late, great Phyllis Diller can't save this movie!)

12. "WALL-E" (it's not that I hate it, I just think that it is INCREDIBLY over-rated!)

11. "Cars 2" (I think it's a lot better than what people make it out to be.)

10. "The Incredibles" (I just think that there should have been a LOT more superhero action, in order to better justify this movie HAVING a PG rating.)

9. "Ratatouille" (Gets a MAJOR boost due to the performance of the now, late, great Peter O'Toole!)

8. "Cars" (Gets a MAJOR boost due to the performances of the now, late, great actors Paul Newman, and George Carlin!)

7. "Toy Story" (I just think that the sequels do so much better!)

6. "Finding Nemo" (A really good story, but don't take the YOUNG kids to see it unless you want them to be scarred for LIFE!)

5. "Monster's University" (A really solid prequel story.)

4. "Up" (The story, graphics, and characters work so well on so many levels!)

3. "Toy Story 2" (Kelsey Grammar and Wayne Knight play EXCELLENT villains!)

2. "Monsters Inc." (AWESOME story!)

1. "Toy Story 3" (It made me cry, no lie!)

5. Brave

Someone who didn't put Brave on the bottom rung of their list? Color me surprised :P

Haven't seen Monsters University yet so it won't factor in my rankings.

1. Wall-E
2. Toy Story 3
3. Ratatouille
4. Monsters Inc.
5. The Incredibles
6. Toy Story 2
7. Finding Nemo
8. Up
9. Toy Story
10. Brave
11. Cars
12. A Bug's Life
13. Cars 2

From best to worst...

Up

Toy Story 3

Monsters University

The Incredibles

WALL-E

Toy Story 2

Monster Inc

Finding Nemo

Ratatouille

Toy Story

Brave

A Bug's Life

Cars

Up is always my favorite movie. For it's music, writing, story, characters, and emotion (mostly it's music) Ratatouille used to be near the bottom of the list when I first saw it, but as I watched it more and more, I came to appreciate it. I haven't seen Cars 2, since I was never interested it, as you can tell by Cars being at the very bottom.

Bumped and edited because I've seen "Inside Out."

15. "Brave" (this is WHY you should leave the Princess movies to DISNEY, Pixar!)

14. "A Bug's Life" (even the now late, great Phyllis Diller can't save this movie!)

13. "WALL-E" (it's not that I hate it, I just think that it is INCREDIBLY over-rated!)

12. "Cars 2" (I think it's a lot better than what people make it out to be.)

11. "The Incredibles" (I just think that there should have been a LOT more superhero action, in order to better justify this movie HAVING a PG rating.)

10. "Ratatouille" (Gets a MAJOR boost due to the performance of the now, late, great Peter O'Toole!)

9. "Cars" (Gets a MAJOR boost due to the performances of the now, late, great actors Paul Newman, and George Carlin!)

8. "Toy Story" (I just think that the sequels do so much better!)

7. "Finding Nemo" (A really good story, but don't take the YOUNG kids to see it unless you want them to be scarred for LIFE!)

6. "INSIDE OUT" (Great celebrity voice work, decent animation, and Bing Bong's sacrifice will make you cry.)

5. "Monster's University" (A really solid prequel story.)

4. "Up" (The story, graphics, and characters work so well on so many levels!)

3. "Toy Story 2" (Kelsey Grammar and Wayne Knight play EXCELLENT villains!)

2. "Monsters Inc." (AWESOME story!)

1. "Toy Story 3" (It made me cry, no lie!)

• Like 1