• Advertisement

Rank Every Pixar Movie From Best to Worst

Clappy

I haven't seen Inside Out and Bug's Life yet but here's my rank (from worst to best)

Cars 2: Even though this is the worst Pixar ever, I still enjoyed it. I know it has flaws but I enjoyed action in the movie.

Monster's University: This is a really well-written and emotional prequel but the movie dragged in some parts.

Brave: This is a really underrated movie. I loved it a lot.

Cars: Another underrated movie to me. It was funny, well-written and really emotional.

Finding Nemo: I know people are gonna get mad at me for putting this one low but there's so many amazing Pixar movies.  I loved this movie too but it didn't impress me that much. It was still a lot fun and the animation is spectacular.

Toy Story: One word: "Overrated". This was a great start to Pixar franchise but like I said to Finding Nemo, It didn't impress me as much as other Pixar films and the other Toy Story movies are much much better.

Monster's Inc: This was a lot fun. It has some of the best friendship stories ever, it was emotional and the humor was pretty good.

Toy Story 2: It had a lot character development, an amazing humor, great new characters and so much emotion.

Ratatouille: A drunk teenager is enough for me to call this movie amazing. Just joking. The movie has an excellent writing and the message was really great. Brad Bird has done it again.

The Incrredibles: Marvel and DC can't always be amazing at superhero movies. This was one of the best superhero stories ever told. It had an amazing action and a spectular story.

Up: Some of the most emotional movies, I've ever seen. It had so many tear-jerking moments that it's hard to not cry. Even thinking of these scenes make me cry a little. That's how amazing this movie was.

Toy Story 3: I wish there was no 4th movie but if you love money so much, then sure. This is how you end a trilogy, people. Kung Fu Panda 3 and How to Train Your Dragon 3 have so much work to do.

Wall-E: I was wowed, big time. Amazing visiuals, epic sci-fi story, a lot of humor and the best romance story ever told.

• Like 2

Just saw Inside Out. Now Wall-E and Up are two very tough competitors, but... god damn, the imagination, the design, the moral and all the choices that went into this movie... Ugh, but the others are so good too... Okay, I think Wall-E's still my favourite but Inside Out is a very close second.

Wall-E

Inside Out

Up

Toy Story 3

Toy Story

Finding Nemo

The Incredibles

Toy Story 2

Monsters, Inc.

Ratatouille

Monsters University

Cars

Cars 2

• Like 1

I refuse to re-rank my movies yet since I don't know where to rank it, but Inside Out is definitely a god tier movie.  I know it's definitely in my Top 5 for sure though.  Just don't know where.  Toy Story 2 is definitely a lock for number one and I think Toy Story 3 is probably a lock for second.  But that's where things get messy with the rest of my god tier Pixar films because I think Inside Out might be better than some of the other god tiers.  Probably going to wait a few days before I re-rank, but I know for sure it's the best Pixar movie Pete Doctor has ever made.

Haven't seen Inside Out yet or Monsters University, but: 

1. Toy Story 3

2. Finding Nemo

3. Up

4. Monsters, Inc. 

5. Toy Story

6. Toy Story 2

7. Ratatouille 

8. The Incredibles

9. Cars

10. Wall-E

11. Cars 2

Updated: (once again, from worst to best):

16. Cars 2

15. Brave

14. A Bug's Life

13. Cars

12. Monsters University

11. The Good Dinosaur

10-9. TIE: Monsters Inc. and The Incredibles

8. Inside Out

7. Finding Nemo

6. WAll-E

5. Ratatouille

4. Up

3. Toy Story 2

2. Toy Story 3

1. Toy Story

Edited by Steel Sponge

Why not with the two releases since this was last updated?

1. Toy Story 2

2. Toy Story 3

3. The Incredibles

4. Finding Nemo

5. Wall-E

6. Up

7. Inside Out

8. Toy Story

9. Ratatouille

10. Monsters Inc

11. Monsters University

12. A Bug's Life

13. The Good Dinosaur

14. Cars

15. Brave

16. Cars 2

Few minor tidbits:

-Inside Out is not top five material after rewatching.  Still damn solid movie though and on that same level as my Top 9.

-Finally got around to checking out The Good Dinosaur.  It was fine.  Just something I have no will to watch again though.  I was glad I checked it out though because even though it's considered Pixar's first "financial disappointment" domestically doesn't mean to correlate it as being a bad movie by any means.  It was still gorgeously animated and I enjoyed the story, even if the story was B-level at best.  It just dragged a lot and I felt that there were some darker elements that could have been explored more and really taken advantage of to make a more memorable movie.

-Flip flopped positioning of a few movies.  Cars is definitely better than Brave.  What the hell was I thinking first ranking this?

After the release of Coco last year sparking up a bit of debate on whether or not it is now Pixar's greatest, I think it's fitting that I update my rankings:

19. Cars 2

18. A Bug's Life

17. Cars 3

16. Brave

15. Cars

14. Monsters University

13. The Good Dinosaur

12. Finding Dory

11. Inside Out

10. The Incredibles

9. Monster's Inc.

8. Finding Nemo

7. Ratatouille

6. Up

5. Coco

4. Wall-E

3. Toy Story 2

2. Toy Story 3

1. Toy Story

Some things to note:

-I still haven't seen Incredibles 2, which is why it's absent from my updated rankings.
-Sorry, I don't think A Bug's Life has aged so well, but it's still not a bad film in my eyes.
-I've overwhelmed my thoughts on Ratatouille a bit while my feelings on Wall-E have grown quite formidably to become my all-time favorite Pixar film that isn't the Toy Story trilogy. Ratatouille is a fantastic, well-written film, but I don't think it packs a punch quite like the other six that I've ranked over it.
-Meanwhile, Coco IMO is the second-best Pixar film outside of the Toy Story trilogy, as well as one of my top five favorite films from the company. 

I'm also going the extra mile to rank Pixar's original animated short films, at least all the ones that I've seen:

16. Lava

15. The Adventures of Andre & Wally B.

14. Partly Cloudy

13. Tin Toy

12. One Man Band

11. Boundin'

10. For the Birds

9. Knick Knack

8. Luxo Jr.

7. Sanjay's Super Team

6. Piper

5. Presto

4. The Blue Umbrella

3. Day & Night

2. La Luna

1. Geri's Game

Edited by Steel Sponge

It's long overdue for me to update my list, including movies that I have seen since the last time I made a list for this. Note that I'm not including "Coco", because I haven't seen it yet. /

19. "Brave" (this is WHY you should leave the Princess movies to DISNEY, Pixar!)

18. "A Bug's Life" (even the now late, great Phyllis Diller can't save this movie!)

17. "WALL-E" (it's not that I hate it, I just think that it is INCREDIBLY over-rated!)

16. "The Good Dinosaur" (It had a lot of potential, but it didn't use it very well).

15. "Cars 2" (I think it's a lot better than what people make it out to be.)

14. "Ratatouille" (Gets a MAJOR boost due to the performance of the now, late, great Peter O'Toole!)

13. "Cars" (Gets a MAJOR boost due to the performances of the now, late, great actors Paul Newman, and George Carlin!)

12. "Toy Story" (I just think that the sequels do so much better!)

11. "The Incredibles" (Ironically, it's in the same place it was in last time, but it has actually fared better, and actually ranks better overall from last time, just because my opinion of it is higher in retrospect, especially in regards to how its sequel continues this story).

10. "Finding Dory" (Not as good as the original in my opinion, but it's still a really great effort, and does a nice job of continuing the story from the original).

9. "Monster's University" (A really solid prequel story.)

8. "The Incredibles 2" (I actually think this movie does SLIGHTLY better than the original, maybe it's because the movie is more fresh in my mind than the other movies, but this movie, without revealing anything too major, does a really good job of developing the main characters more, as well as introducing some new ones)!

7. "Finding Nemo" (A really good story, but don't take the YOUNG kids to see it unless you want them to be scarred for LIFE!)

6. "Inside Out" (Great celebrity voice work, decent animation, and

Bing Bong's sacrifice will make you cry

.)

5. "Cars 3" (One of the few, rare movies in the world that manages to race past, not just a fumble in its movie trilogy, but past the original as well! Owen Wilson does some really great voice work in this film, the animation looks SO gorgeous, and the new characters are pretty interesting as well)!

4. "Up" (The story, graphics, and characters work so well on so many levels!)

3. "Toy Story 2" (Kelsey Grammar and Wayne Knight play EXCELLENT villains!)

2. "Monsters Inc." (AWESOME story!)

1. "Toy Story 3" (It made me cry, no lie!) /

I'm sure that when "Toy Story 4" comes out, I'll probably update this list again. Enough said, for now!