• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Best Episodes Ever 2015 Edition!

Wumbo

Lotta first-place slaughter up in here.

47. "That's what I thought you said. Now let me offer this as a rebuttal: AAAAHHHHHH!"

Fear_of_a_Krabby_Patty_25.png

Fear of a Krabby Patty, 58 points

(3 of 26 lists. 1 #1 vote - Steel)

The episode starts with Mr. Krabs painting a sign that says "New Business Hours: 6 AM to 11 PM." Squidward then criticizes that this new policy is unfair, while SpongeBob then suggests some earlier times that they can go to work at. As he is hanging the sign on the window, Mr. Krabs finds out that Plankton reopened the Chum Bucket for twenty three hours a day. He announces the Krusty Krab is opening twenty four hours, to be better than the Chum Bucket much to the dismay of Squidward and the excitement of SpongeBob. This was Plankton's plan to force SpongeBob to crack and tell him the formula. However, after several days of nonstop service, SpongeBob is still going strong. As a result, Plankton calls, placing an order for 10,000 Krabby Patties under the disguise of Peter Lankton.

After 43 days of nonstop service, SpongeBob finally cracks, and cannot finish the order because everywhere he looks, he sees killer Krabby Patties. Plankton then throws a flyer at SpongeBob, saying: "Dr. Peter Lankton, Psychiatrist, specializing in Krabby Patty phobias." SpongeBob goes to the Chum Bucket, which is disguised as Dr. Lankton's office, and meets Dr. Peter Lankton (who is really Plankton in new clothes and a fake mustache and beard). Plankton tries several methods to get the formula out of SpongeBob, all of which end with Plankton getting crushed by a piano.

Finally, Plankton tries hypnosis to get SpongeBob to tell him the formula and he succeeds in making SpongeBob fall into a deep sleep. Unfortunately for Plankton, he cannot get SpongeBob to wake up and tell him the formula, even after trying several loud and annoying sounds in an attempt to wake him up. Meanwhile, SpongeBob dreams that he is jellyfishing when a giant Krabby Patty appears and eats him up. He then finds himself in his bed, and a giant Krabby Patty enters the bedroom. The Krabby Patty turns out to be friendly and gives SpongeBob a cookie-pizza and chocolate milk, thus curing his fear. SpongeBob wakes up and says he's cured, and goes back to the Krusty Krab as Plankton begs him to return and reveal the formula to him, insisting that hypnosis and therapy do not work, and that he is still very sick.

When SpongeBob gets back to work, he tells Mr. Krabs that he's okay, and that all he needed was a little sleep. Mr. Krabs says that there will be no more 24 hour shifts, "...because 23 hours will be plenty!" They laugh a little but Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob to get back to work.

Steel: Here's an episode that really stuck with being my #1 episode. It was from Season 4 and some people say this episode started the show's decline in quality, but I beg to differ since "Good Neighbors" was where I thought Season 4 was starting to looked flawed. This is an amazing and hilarious Season 4 episode. Starting with the concept of the episode, (Spongebob getting an irrational fear of Krabby Patties from sleep deprivation.) I find it so goofy that it's really funny. Yes, Mr. Krabs making the Krusty Krab open 24 hours a day, only to kickstart Plankton's plan, is part of the plot (which has no relation to "Graveyard Shift," so stop calling things rip-offs gaiz.), but I think it was good way to....carry on through the plot spite having small similarities to the aforementioned episode. You know what I'm saying? The best part of the episode was just anything about Plankton's methods of trying to get Spongebob to say the formula in form of a therapy session. Heck, most of the gags got a laugh out of me: Spongebob randomly pulling out a piano, Spongebob molding a set of cards into a piano, Mr. Krabs counting the days of 24 hour services over-zealously, along with a cowbell, Old Man Jenkins floating around during the montage, and the "I told you that shirt was hideous" line. Other than the jokes, the characters were at their best and memorable, Spongebob has his funny naive moments, topped with his craziness from "killer Krabby Patties," for example.

Wumbo: Fear of a Krabby Patty. What a way to kick off Season 4. After a solid seven months of waiting, we premiere Season 4 with this episode in 2005. Man, I remember watching this when it first came out and I fell in love with it because, hey! New SpongeBob! Looking back, there are still a lot of great moments in this episode that make it a worthy contender for this list. You have one of Plankton's funniest schemes ever, coupled with SpongeBob at his most neurotic and Mr. Krabs at his most competitive. And honestly, the people who do compare this to Graveyard Shift I think kinda miss the notion that the episodes, while having similar premises, are about completely different things. Graveyard Shift was about one night shift, while Fear of a Krabby Patty shows the gradual detriment of both Squidward and SpongeBob after multiple 24-hour shifts. There hasn't been an episode like Fear of a Krabby Patty before or since. This didn't place as high as it did previous years, and it wasn't on my personal list, but nevertheless I am glad to see it here.

• Like 8

Plankton's Army: it's a fun episode. This joke was great:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_VHtvSc0P8A

Fear of a Krabby Patty: having SpongeBob, who adores working at the Krusty Krab and cookin' up patties, develop a fear of patties was genius. Those scenes with "Dr. Peter Lankton" were pretty good as well. This was so close to making my personal list.

Those were 10 and 11 on mine respectively... but I'm pretty sure my 12 is gonna be way higher or it'd spark some controversy. :P

PA: You just gotta love Sheldon *HAHAHA SHELDON!* raising a miniscule army, and even for the status quo it works

FoaKB: Everything clicks together, the weird dreams, 23.59 hours a day (Graveyard Shift flashbacks :P) and SpongeBob just flat out freaking out, the piano got in some bonus points though.

• Like 1

Plankton's Army - Can't believe I forgot about this one. I remember the first time I watched this one and died laughing at the "HAHAHAHA SHELDON" part.

Fear Of A Krabby Patty - This episode was decent IMO. Can't say too much, though, because I don't even remember most of it.

47. Fear of a Krabby Patty

Great episode, love the concept of Spongebob going insane at the idea of Krabby patty overload. A lot of good jokes throughout.

Season 4 has a lot of goodies to go along with great animation. I haven't seen this lately but it's a good choice.

Favorite moment: "Dr. Peter Lankton, Psychiatrist, specializing in Krabby Patty phobias" flyer

Only one of these was on my list.

I guess you post movie lovers haven't tarnished this list too badly so far however.

Fear of a Krabby Patty is a little high though. :lori:

47 is "a little high"? Mmkay  :awkward:

• Like 4

50. Eh, I kinda forgot that this episode existed. It's still good, but not good enough to make my list.

49. The parts where they mock Texas were pretty funny, but besides that, it was a very mediocre SpongeBob episode. My favorite part would have to be "Patrick, your genius is showing! Where?!"

48. This episode is pretty darn underrated. I feel as though it never gets talked about as much as the other Season 3 episodes like The Camping Episode or Krusty Krab Training Video.

47. A great episode to start off post-movie SpongeBob off. Some people say it's bad because it was the downfall of SpongeBob, but I disagree. It actually feels more like a pre-movie episode to me. Which is ironic because I sometimes think Plankton's Army is a Season 4 episode. :P

• Like 1