• Advertisement

The Writer's Lounge

Ron

So, here's an idea i've been putting together these past few days. This is the most comprehensible it's gotten yet and I thought i'd share it with you folks.

Conch Heights Architects. Co.

"Joss Kean is a man living with his roommate Emily - he's an architect working in a local home construction agency. He has a friend, Steven, who runs a small bar in the middle of Downtown. Joss himself dreams of working on city centerpieces but for now works withthe comissions that he has. Emily is studying in arts at Conch Arts. The little world that goes around them? They all have their homes.Joss looks to create opportunity - but in today's world can he do so?"

Sounds like the story can go deep, can't wait to see how you go with it.

Well, with only four chapters left for The Killer Krab, I have a new project lined up once it concludes. It will be the aforementioned spy spinoff I talked about in my last post here. I further expanded upon the idea and I feel it could be my next "big" spinoff project. Here's what I have planned out so far:

1) Each season, Spongebob will be teamed up with a new "spy buddy" (for lack of a better term) varying from Patrick, Sandy, Squidward etc.

2) There will be a Bond-esque big bad for each season.

3) Big emphasis on gadgets.

4) The IJLSA will be involved but not the superheroes themselves.

I'll brainstorm some more, but I'm hoping to get this out there not long after KK ends. I'll also run a contest that ties into the show to get some fan participation going.

I just found the first chapter of an old Grand Theft Auto fanfic I wrote back in like 07/08. Seeing as how I've matured as a writer since then, I'm gonna start posting it here since the place I was originally gonna post it at frowns upon fanfics for whatever reason now. I don't expect a lot of readers, but this is something I want to get back on and actually finish.

I've justed started a brand new literature topic about the "Total Drama" characters (from the first three seasons) in a brand new season that I've called "Total Drama: Heroes Vs. Villains!" :D Feedback and constructive criticism will be appreciated! B)

• Like 1

Umm...just keep it in your head? :P You don't have to reserve ideas always, I think people will understand that it's your idea and that they won't steal it, in all spin-off history, I have never seen 1 person steal another person's idea. (At least as long as I've been here)

• Like 1

I have a question. I want to reserve the idea of a Spin-Off but I don't want to make the page for it immediately. What should I do?

As CNF1 said, you don't have to necessarily reserve an idea. I haven't seen any type of serious plagiarism or idea stealing on this site.

As CNF1 said, you don't have to necessarily reserve an idea. I haven't seen any type of serious plagiarism or idea stealing on this site.

Umm...just keep it in your head? :P You don't have to reserve ideas always, I think people will understand that it's your idea and that they won't steal it, in all spin-off history, I have never seen 1 person steal another person's idea. (At least as long as I've been here)

Thanks guys!

• Like 1

Okay, another one! (I think it's an appropriate double-post since it's been a while). So I thought of this: Having people act in Spin-Offs! So what I mean by this is that we use a xat and have users act a role. I'm planning on using this for SBC HQ. Here's some things I want to ask:

• Is it interesting?
  • Would you be interested in acting?
  • If it involves acting like other users, do we need to have their permission?
  • Would you guys be willing to do it for free or for doubloons?

In consideration of my announcement of a new UWS in a long time, I've recently got a couple of willing participants. And since Season 2 is still not finished, they would be due for Season 3, apparently. I don't know if they just want to be characters or want to be contestants, but the one problem is, that...the roster for Season 3 is already full or needs re-organization. Should there be some possible Season 3 contestants I should get rid of? I don't know.

So, I have these three spinoff ideas, one of which I wanna put into action for the festival. I'm gonna list them down with their titles and description and let you guys decide which one I should go forward with.

1) Larry the Lobster's Lifestyle Lift: Larry the Lobster becomes a lifestyle coach, taking on various Bikini Bottomites as clients, helping them with whatever problems they may have in life while imposing his somewhat extreme beliefs on them. But Larry soon comes to find out that not everybody can quite "live like Larry", making way for him to help better himself as a person along the way. This is a mostly a comedy with some drama thrown in, not quite a complete dramedy.

2) The Name's Dennis: After miraculously escaping the cold embrace of death at the conclusion of the SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, Dennis the mercenary decides to change his life around by becoming a bounty hunter, hunting down some of the saltiest of all the sea dogs while coming to terms with his past and what's to come in his future. This is mostly an action/drama spin-off.

3) Super Acquaintances: After Mermaidman and Barnacle Boy make it big on the hero scene on their own merits, the stars of the other members of the IJLSA fall. The Quickster, Captain Magma and the Elastic Waistband all chip in for an apartment and find themselves struggling as they contend with the troubles of everyday life. Think of the Justice Friends from Dexter's Lab. This is mostly a comedy/action spin-off.

• Like 1

They all sound amazing...:P

Lifestyle Lift and The Name's Dennis sound the best, imo. Lifestyle Lift sounds like it has the potential to be really funny and heartwarming, and Dennis would be cool to develop a pretty one-note character, and it sounds epic.

Super Acquaintances sounds good, but I like how the other two sound much more. The other two sound so good, it'd be hard to go wrong with either of them.