• Advertisement

What'cha Reading/Writing?

Sebby

I'm working on the 51st Episode on "Adventures in the Underground City" while working on the fifth episode of "The Under W.A.T.E.R. Agents" and thinking finishing the sixth episode of "Trouble Tripled"

I am currently reading the Little House series and have read all of them so far except for "The First Four Years". My school has these "A.R" quizzes you have to take- why have i not

quizzed on Little House On The Prairie yet?

Finished reading the original Dragon Ball manga and recently started on Z. Really enjoying it.

I just finished this last week! Man I feel back in love with Dragon Ball upon finishing it and I got to say no other manga I read including Saint Seiya have such battles that have been as intense and epic as Dragon Ball especially Part Z!

Volume 7 (as its released in the US) , Vegita VS Goku, alone is almost exclusively fighting. Yet it hooked me on so much and was so exciting I had to keep on reading on with it until the conclusion of the battle (despite seeing the anime counterpart years ago).

How would you say the anime of DB 1 compare with the manga?Look forward to chatting about Z in a seperate thread.

Also I seen some of your posts here and you have read other manga. Do you happen to be familiar with Saint Seiya?

I WAS reading The Bully, a part of the Bluford Series. I finished it. It was awesome. You can tell the target audience is teenagers in middle and/or high school. It was about a boy named Daryl Mercer who was forced to move from Philadelphia to California because his mom lost her job and his uncle/her brother Jason offered her a new job in California where he lives. He is faced with a new school Bluford High and is forced to make new friends. He's not happy about it at all. He is small, short, and skinny with not a muscle on a single bone of his body.

He is faced with a bully named Terray who keeps asking him for money every day after school by the market, which is his lunch money given to him by his mom. so it's his mom's money and he's giving it to Terray otherwise he will beat him up. He refuses to tell his mom about it and never does throughout the whole book. His English teacher later gives him a book that he reads to teach him something about self confidence and building strength. He did not see how it related to him at all, but later his gym teacher asked him to join the wrestling team but he never pictured himself ever doing that kind of thing because he wasn't strong enough. But he tried it and over the weeks he got stronger each class and was able to do all the things the coach had them do.

He then went into a wrestling match but lost against his opponent but that's ok since it was only because he made a mistake that he was not aware of. He gained self confidence and strength, although he never got bigger, and then used that towards the end to finally confront Terray once and for all. I enjoyed the ending part the most with the scene in the cafeteria where Terray knocked his lunch off the table and it got all over his clothes then he stood up for himself and fought with Terray and used his wrestling moves that he had learned to defeat him. This was when he lost all his fear and felt free of all bullies. Heh, I basically just gave away all the events in the story, but it's not like any of you knew about the book or were going to read it anyway :P