• Advertisement

Minions (film)

Clappy

Was it ever established in the first two movies that the Minions were a species that predated Gru? Because I liked the idea that he created them but I don't remember either movie that well so I don't know if that was ever even an option.

Guess I was right about Universal making quite the pretty penny off of this movie as it is now the highest grossing animated film of all time for an opening weekend.

Not exactly. Shrek The Third still owns the record with 121 million. Minions fell 6 million short.

That being said, it's opening weekend certainly doesn't come as a surprise. It's another winner for Universal Studios which is having one hell of a year with three of the four biggest opening weekends of 2015 so far.

Not exactly. Shrek The Third still owns the record with 121 million. Minions fell 6 million short.

That being said, it's opening weekend certainly doesn't come as a surprise. It's another winner for Universal Studios which is having one hell of a year with three of the four biggest opening weekends of 2015 so far.

Guess where I got it from was wrong, but hey, it's still up there, so I'm still right.

Minions are the most popular characters on Earth right now. It will pass Inside Out.

At the rate of success the "Minions" are doing, they could soon have their OWN cartoon show just like the "Rabbids!!!!"  o.o Although granted, I'd probably be MORE interested in watching a show about the "Minions" than a show about the "Rabbids;" without Rayman, the Rabbids really DON'T have a leg of their own to stand on. :rolleyes: Enough said! ;)

HEAVILY OVERRATED! I'm not going to watch it. The sypnosis that I read on Wikipedia makes the movie sound EVEN MORE STUPID THAN I IMAGINED. No thanks, ESPECIALLY if I'd have to hear extended amounts of gibberish.

You read the "sypnosis" before watching a movie?

tumblr_static_eufq89skeuosgwkkkoocwc8ss.

but seriously why would you

HEAVILY OVERRATED! I'm not going to watch it. The sypnosis that I read on Wikipedia makes the movie sound EVEN MORE STUPID THAN I IMAGINED. No thanks, ESPECIALLY if I'd have to hear extended amounts of gibberish.

Dude, watch critic reviews on YouTube. Most of them are disappointed with the movie.