• Advertisement

Minions (film)

Clappy

Just at a first glance of the existing trailers, it really looked like an obvious cash-in from Illumination. As far as I know, putting the comedic relief in the spotlight ends up getting really annoying really fast, especially when you can't understand a word they're saying. But I actually have hope for this one. The trailers seemed to put the straightman (or in this case woman) in the background, and I'm pretty sure she'll have a greater role than made out, and the animations seems just as good, if not better, than the past films, and I believe that'll allow the visual humor to really express itself and shine through. And even if it is incoherently random, I think it's gonna be in a silly way. While I doubt it'll be amazing, I think it'll be enjoyable.

• Like 2

Well I called a bunch of people questioning this film's existence.

Personally, I am giving this a shot based off of the good will of the Despicable Me films alone, which I love. And you know what? What Fluttershy said is correct. Spin-offs based off of comedic relief characters never tend to go well , but I have some faith this one will since it looks like Sandra Bullock's character will be the straight woman to play the foil to the comedic relief being the main focal point. Do I think this is going to be as good as Inside Out? Hell no. But I do think this has a chance to be very entertaining and visually stunning. The animation does look great. Oh and most importantly, some of the jokes in the trailer were legitimately laugh out loud funny. That does give me hope that there are more good jokes in this they are withholding from commercials.

• Like 4