• Advertisement

Disney's Zootopia

Young Nug

The sloth slowly smiling and starting to laugh got me more so than the obvious parallel between the DMV being full of sloths.

I am looking forward to this more than Kung Fu Panda 3 and The Good Dinosaur combined.

I saw it. Not the second coming of christ but it was very well made and definitely entertaining. Liked the message about prejudice and bias but it felt a little preachy at times.

A little off topic but there was a field trip at some school here and the kids did not know how to act whatsoever. There really needs to be a course on movie theater etiquette or something.

One thing I'd like to note is that the movie is very timely and contemporary. It is very "2016." I think that is why there is so much praise for it. It will be interesting to see how this film ages.

And Jason Bateman as Nick Wilde was awesome. He was funny when he needed to be and perfectly encapsulated his character, and was emotional/serious too. Not downplaying the rest of the voice cast too, everyone was great.

Spoiler

I saw Nick switching out the serum for blueberries coming but it was still very scary when it looked like he was gonna eat Judy.

Edited by Teamwork

I was blown away by Zootopia.  Even after seeing the near universal acclaim from movie critics and sites like Rotten Tomatoes, it was definitely not what I expected.  How they handled such huge subject matters that we are all socially conscious of, it absolutely surprised me.  Even when you look past all that, it's storytelling kept me on the edge of my seat.  It was layered so well down to every single detail and...man I can't give it all away without spoiling too much.  Everything you know about the movie from the trailers?  Throw it out.  It's so much more than just a funny movie about anthropomorphic animals.  Definitely the best movie I've seen so far this year.  Not a single movie released this year that I've seen comes close to touching it.

What are you all sitting around reading this post for?  Go see it now. (D)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Clappy said:

I was blown away by Zootopia.  Even after seeing the near universal acclaim for movie critics and sites like Rotten Tomatoes, it was definitely not what I expected.  How they handled such huge subject matters that we are all socially conscious of, it absolutely surprised me.  Even when you look past all that, it's storytelling kept me on the edge of my seat.  It was layered sonwell down to every single detail and...man I can't give it all away without spoiling too much.  Everything you know about the movie from the trailers?  Throw it out.  It's so much more than just a funny movie about anthropomorphic animals.  Definitely the best movie I've seen so far this year.  Not a single movie released this year that I've seen comes close to touching it.

Spring break is right around the corner for me, so I'll watch it then.

51 minutes ago, Clappy said:

I was blown away by Zootopia.  Even after seeing the near universal acclaim from movie critics and sites like Rotten Tomatoes, it was definitely not what I expected.  How they handled such huge subject matters that we are all socially conscious of, it absolutely surprised me.  Even when you look past all that, it's storytelling kept me on the edge of my seat.  It was layered so well down to every single detail and...man I can't give it all away without spoiling too much.  Everything you know about the movie from the trailers?  Throw it out.  It's so much more than just a funny movie about anthropomorphic animals.  Definitely the best movie I've seen so far this year.  Not a single movie released this year that I've seen comes close to touching it.

You know why I can't watch it right now (smirk)

But yeah, can't wait to see

I saw this a few weeks ago... what a great movie. It's nothing revolutionary, but it's funny, cute, and eye candy. It has the typical Disney feel, and I loved the theme of racial equality – very prevalent today. 

Much better than Frozen imo