• Advertisement

186a. Safe Deposit Krabs

Jjs Goodman

Episode Rating?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the episode?

• 5/5 Stars: I never want to leave this bank!
    • 4/5 Stars: We must save Mr. Krabs!
    • 3/5 Stars: We're going to break into a bank.
    • 2/5 Stars: SpongeBob, it's getting boring in here...
    • 1/5 Stars: Get me out of this bank!

box_zps6739202f.jpg

================= Safe Deposit Krabs====================

Writers - Casey Alexander, Zeus Cervas, Blake Lemons, Derek Iversen

Prod. Code - 186a

Season 9

Rating - ★ (6/10)                                                                    

=====================================================

OK, OK, I'm sure I've said this like, a million times, but holy abalone, I have had enough Mr. Krabs-related episodes. Yes, we know he likes money. You don't need to reinforce this story nearly every episode. Plus, yes, I'm whining about this again, THE KRUSTY KRAB. I know it's where 1/3 of the main characters work, but I really wish this show would tackle some other plots and locations. Luckily, though, settings-wise, this episode barely has the Krusty Krab or any Plankton formula plot. It, however, still has Mr. Krabs. The writing team, to my unfortunate surprise, was the same people who penned the incredibly disappointing and monotonous "Squid Defense", an episode which I can only describe as complex as a Nila wafer. 

(Surprisingly, no marathon before this episode. I guess there was a lack of bank episodes.) So, what's the story we got here?

Well, a new bank has come to town, under the actually hilariously horrible name "Bank Of Bikini Bottom Bank". I guess they conveniently forgot about the First Nautical Bank from earlier episodes. Anyway, the first 100 to join this bank will receive free interest with their first deposit, an opportunity Mr. Krabs can't of course miss. So it's off to the bank where Orange Ticket Cop and brand new mint edition Yellow Cop keep throwing him out due to his strange perverted obsession for money. One of his disguises work, however, and he deposits a single penny into one of the vaults, but while saying goodbye to his penny, the Yellow Mint Edition Cop closes the door on him and he launches out of the little penny vault and into the main vault, where he has a jolly old time cosplaying Scrooge McDuck.

Meanwhile, Krabs hasn't showed back up at the Krusty Krab yet so SpongeBob takes it upon himself to track him down. Turns out, he's still in the vault and losing oxygen for... some.. reason. So SpongeBob enlists the help of Patrick to break out Mr. Krabs from bank jail. In the meantime, Mr. K has strange thoughts while losing oxygen which.. actually, kind of reminds me of Bubble Troubles from S8, like seeing a strange sea serpent which obviously is the EEEEEEEEEEEEVIL Blake Lemons advertising Sanjay and Craig. Eventually, daytime rises upon the town, and the bank manager kicks the two out and gives Krabs an extra penny on his interest. The end.

Joke-wise, it was OK, nothing to special though. Gotta say though, Clancy Brown really saves this episode. Great performance, like others have said.

THIS POST SERVES AS A MEMORIAL TO MRS. GREENBACK. HER ACTING WAS AMAZING, BUT SHE DIED WHILE SHOOTING. RIP.

Rating: ★ (6/10)

• Like 2

I thought this episode was a little step forward.

Again, I was waiting for that really good joke that reminds me of the humor the show used to have.

There was one moment that really made me laugh, and I'm surprised that no one mentioned it yet.

I'm talking about the part where Patrick says: 'It's the closest I'll ever come to having shoes.' :P

I thought that was a pretty good joke that could've been from early seasons.

Still, I'm hoping for a increase of these jokes. I think that good jokes could make this show work again.

When I see an old episode, it's remarkable it's full of constant jokes like silly faces, randomness, and unexpected lines.

I really miss that. But I'm sure it's slowly getting better, since I thought Eek, an Urchin and Planton's Pet were full of good jokes :)

Now keep it up writers!

This episode oh boy was it great. Even Nancy from the beginning got a few smiles out of me. I got to witness how oxygen (even though they're under water so it doesn't make sense, it should be water, but then again water has oxygen) can make someone go insane. All the puns in this were hilarious and I enjoyed how Mr. Krabs looked like a lady again like in Penny Pincher but this time he looked like his mother. The anchovy insult reminded me of Help Wanted. Mrs. Greenback was a total Mrs. puff you guys are aware of that right? She looked like a humanoid version of her and even had the "Mrs." in her name. So Mr. Krabs was probably having another creepy fetish with her. Kinda like in Life of Crime where he stole Mrs. Pufd's hair curlers. They really went out in terms of Imaginnination (okay lame pun :P) inside the safe. Even Patrick got some funny lines when he was on the screen for a short time. I like how they can always add Squidward even if he only has one line. The dragon was of course kinda out of line because dragons under the sea look like a giant king jellyfish as shown in Dunces and Dragons. But since it was apart of Mr. K's thoughts, I'll let it slide. Overall great episode with great puns and great characters. Maybe it was a little dull and rushed like others said, but I still enjoyed it. Also the piggy back Patrick was a hilarious joke that needs to be said.

9/10

This episode oh boy was it great. Even Nancy from the beginning got a few smiles out of me. I got to witness how oxygen (even though they're under water so it doesn't make sense, it should be water, but then again water has oxygen) can make someone go insane. All the puns in this were hilarious and I enjoyed how Mr. Krabs looked like a lady again like in Penny Pincher but this time he looked like his mother. The anchovy insult reminded me of Help Wanted. Mrs. Greenback was a total Mrs. puff you guys are aware of that right? She looked like a humanoid version of her and even had the "Mrs." in her name. So Mr. Krabs was probably having another creepy fetish with her. Kinda like in Life of Crime where he stole Mrs. Pufd's hair curlers. They really went out in terms of Imaginnination (okay lame pun :P) inside the safe. Even Patrick got some funny lines when he was on the screen for a short time. I like how they can always add Squidward even if he only has one line. The dragon was of course kinda out of line because dragons under the sea look like a giant king jellyfish as shown in Dunces and Dragons. But since it was apart of Mr. K's thoughts, I'll let it slide. Overall great episode with great puns and great characters. Maybe it was a little dull and rushed like others said, but I still enjoyed it. Also the piggy back Patrick was a hilarious joke that needs to be said.

9/10

Oh, I forgot to mention that, Nancy was one of the one or two GREAT parts of this episodes. Her bit actually made me smile. 

Still, I got no laughs from this ep. ;(

It had a few good jokes, and the plot itself was interesting. The beginning was funny as well.

Also... where did Patrick pull that grappling hook from? WHERE?

Anyway, Mister Krabs wasn't a jerk in this episode, just obsessed with money as usual.

So...

My grade...

Is...

B+

Edited by jjsthekid

He said money sucker

Honestly, people should've gotten that from the context. He's fighting a vacuum who's sucking up money in a bank.

I know that, but if you listen to it and anticipate it'll be that word, it will sound like that.

I know that, but if you listen to it and anticipate it'll be that word, it will sound like that.

the voice makes it sound like an f if you're not listening extremely closely.

I usually don't really like Mr. Krabs centered episodes, but this one wasn't too bad. I liked the name "The Bank of Bikini Bottom Bank". and Mr. Krabs lady disguise, along with all the voices Mr. Krabs made in this episode (way to go, Clancy Brown!). Though I did feel that after a while with Mr. Krabs got locked in the vault, it started to lag. But all in all, this was a good episode.

Didn't really like the episode very much. It had good potential but the way it was executed was just... well, boring. I got a chuckle out of the gag when Mr. Krabs sniffs the dollar and the president's wig comes off, but other than that the episode wasn't very funny. Clancy Brown's voices (which I guess are universally liked here by now) were probably the best part. It almost feels like this episode would have done better as a 7 minute short.

Personally I thought the idea of Mr. Krabs in a bank was much better executed in Mr. Krabs Takes a Vacation.

Grade: 4/10

• Like 1

To be fair, that was a mint, not a bank.

True, but it was still the same concept of him being surrounded by a lot of money. I thought his reactions to it getting produced were a lot funnier than him getting all dillusional in Safe Deposit.