• Advertisement

186a. Safe Deposit Krabs

Jjs Goodman

Episode Rating?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the episode?

• 5/5 Stars: I never want to leave this bank!
    • 4/5 Stars: We must save Mr. Krabs!
    • 3/5 Stars: We're going to break into a bank.
    • 2/5 Stars: SpongeBob, it's getting boring in here...
    • 1/5 Stars: Get me out of this bank!

*sighs*

-_-

ANYONE HAVE A LIVESTREAM????!?!?!?!?

Not trying to be rude, but I'd appreciate it if you'd stop asking. Constantly asking about it is getting somewhat spammy and kind of off-topic. I'm sure you can google for one yourself.

As an old saying goes: Google is your friend. :P

• Like 1

SafeDepositKrabsTitleCard.jpg

* Written by: Casey Alexander, Zeus Cervas, Blake Lemons, and Derek Iversen

* "Bank of Bikini Bottom Bank"? Redundancy rules!

* Also, what happened to the First Nautical Bank?

* Of course Mr. Krabs is in a rush to go there.

* Free money just for joining?

* Out you go, whacko!

* Lol, Mr. Krabs' lady disguise resembles his mother.

* Don't put the penny in there!

* How the heck can Mr. Krabs fit in there?

* And now he hit the loot!

* This feels like the Mr. Krabs Show so far.

* This marks Pearl's first Season 9 appearance.

* Lol at Mr. Krabs' money house in there.

* SpongeBob to the rescue!

* Break into a bank?!

* Lol at Patrick's Santa reference.

* But Patrick already had shoes. Remember Your Shoes' Untied?

* Lol at Mr. Krabs' weird hallucination.

* I liked the fiery background in Mr. Krabs' hallucination.

* Is it just me or did the giant snake in Mr. Krabs' hallucination resemble Craig from Sanjay & Craig? I guess it was a sign. :P

* Lol at Mr. Krabs breaking the vacuum apart.

* Mr. Krabs has officially gone nuts.

* Lol at the "deposit".

* They didn't give him his free deposit...and now they did.

* Well, at least he doubled in money.

* I thought this was just an alright episode. Nothing special, but it was decent. Mr. Krabs wasn't too unlikable here either.

Grade: B+

• Like 2

Sometimes there are episodes that aren't good, but aren't really bad. These episodes aren't really flawed, persay, but there's nothing that stands out about them. Safe Deposit Krabs is one of those episodes. There's nothing wrong with it. It has an interesting plot. Characters are portrayed nicely. There are even some solid jokes. But there's just nothing memorable, minus a few things. I mean, I absolutely loved the "Mr. Krabs hallucinates in the safe" subplot, but I can't remember much about it. Except for Mrs. Greenback. :P I liked how Mr. Krabs was in the episode, surprisingly. And SpongeBob and Patrick's attempt at robbing the bank were funny. And the redundant name of the bank was funny too. :P But nothing stood out.

Casey Alexander, Zeus Cervas, Blake Lemons, and Derek Iversen all did this together, and while this episode is better than the bland disappointment that was Squid Defense (which they also wrote), it still has a lot of the same elements- Good plot, meh execution. The episode does feel a lot like some of the later Season 4 episodes, and that's just a result of how Season 9 seems to pull inspiration from every Season of the show. So, in summary, this wasn't a bad episode, but it wasn't great either. I'll echo my thoughts on Squid Defense for this one, as it fits.

"While there was nothing inherently wrong with the episode, it wasn't that funny."

B-.

• Like 1

I liked this episode so much. It's not one of my favorites or wasn't very funny much but It is one of the best Mr. Krabs episodes. I liked that this was Pearl's first appearance of season 9. It has funny moments too like Mr. Krabs' hallucinations. I got bored a little but It's still great. 9.5/10

Sometimes there are episodes that aren't good, but aren't really bad. These episodes aren't really flawed, persay, but there's nothing that stands out about them. Safe Deposit Krabs is one of those episodes. There's nothing wrong with it. It has an interesting plot. Characters are portrayed nicely. There are even some solid jokes. But there's just nothing memorable, minus a few things. I mean, I absolutely loved the "Mr. Krabs hallucinates in the safe" subplot, but I can't remember much about it. Except for Mrs. Greenback. :P I liked how Mr. Krabs was in the episode, surprisingly. And SpongeBob and Patrick's attempt at robbing the bank were funny. And the redundant name of the bank was funny too. :P But nothing stood out.

Casey Alexander, Zeus Cervas, Blake Lemons, and Derek Iversen all did this together, and while this episode is better than the bland disappointment that was Squid Defense (which they also wrote), it still has a lot of the same elements- Good plot, meh execution. The episode does feel a lot like some of the later Season 4 episodes, and that's just a result of how Season 9 seems to pull inspiration from every Season of the show. So, in summary, this wasn't a bad episode, but it wasn't great either. I'll echo my thoughts on Squid Defense for this one, as it fits.

"While there was nothing inherently wrong with the episode, it wasn't that funny."

B-.

I didn't think "Squid Defense" was disappointing. I loved this episode but I agree that "Safe Deposit Krabs" was the better one.

This episode is confusing to me, because it had a great plot, but it was completely wasted. This episode seems like it was produced during the Season 6-7 era and is barely being aired now. It wasn't HORRIBLE, but it wasn't great either; just another typical Season 7 episode. I was seriously bored by the end of the episode, completely lost interest throughout the eleven minutes.

6/10

This episode started off with so much potential.  I highly enjoyed the first four or five minutes as we watched Mr. Krabs try to make his way into the bank to get his interest.  But then he got locked inside and that's when the episode went downhill.  I had a feeling Krabs wouldn't be too disappointed and there would be something to make him eventually crack (aka his lack of oxygen).  But it just dragged and dragged as we waited for the eventual resolution.  SpongeBob and Patrick trying to break into a location was executed much better in episodes like The Lost Mattress than it was here.  Meanwhile, Krabs decent into madness was just more boring than anything else.  I mean there were not many memorable moments except for Ms. Greenback and the vacuum cleaner/money sucking dragon.  Sabre said perfectly, I have to give major props to Clancy Brown for his absolutely wonderful voice work here with all of those different voices he did here.  Too bad the writing was just not as memorable.

So yeah, not many good jokes and stalled writing were the negatives here.  However, the episode in general wasn't bad persay.  I just felt like there was A LOT of potential that was left on the table that could have made this a memorable Season 9 episode.  So in the end, I would say that this episode is one of those ones that could possibly flee from the memory banks by the time this season is over.

5.5/10.  And most of that score comes from the voice work of Clancy Brown imo.  Major props.

• Like 2