• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Worst SpongeBob Episodes

Clappy

Btw for the top 10, I'm gonna do two episodes a day...and since it's technically the start of a new day:

8. The Battle of Bikini Bottom

Battle_of_Bikini_Bottom1.jpg

114 points. 7 out of 17 lists. (#2 CommanderYoru)

While at the Bikini Bottom Mall, SpongeBob and Patrick find shirts that say Best Friend with an arrow pointing. The arrow points to the side. However, when either of the them face a different direction, the arrow points elsewhere, thus "sending out the wrong signals." So, they decide to look for new friendship clothes. SpongeBob finds a group of citizens who were putting on an annual event, which was reenacting the historical Battle of Bikini Bottom. Spongebob and Patrick approach them and then Spongebob ask one of the soldiers where did him and his friends get their cool outfits.

However, the fish stated that he didn't have friends and that he hates just about anyone here. Spongebob then hears about the Battle of Bikini Bottom. He is told that there were two factions, the clean, who spend all their time washing their hands and the dirty, who had better things to do then wash their hands. They then had a war over who is better. Patrick tells SpongeBob the tale wrong, saying that the dirty won, annoying the other fish, and making them walk away. Spongebob and Patrick begin to argue and then they get uniforms and start their own war. After many times of attacking each other, Spongebob gets dirtier while Patrick ends up cleaner. Patrick then picks his nose and chases Spongebob into the Krusty Krab. Spongebob runs by Mr. Krabs yelling that patrick is digging for gold, which he takes for real. Spongebob attacks Patrick with food until Patrick grabs 2 krabby patties and uses them for shoes.

Angered, Spongebob fills up with fury making him blow up. Outside Spongebob swallows a soap bar while Patrick picks up a trash can and then they attack each other. The fish reenacting the battle come and see the 2 friends forgiving each other and tells them that it's not over until they have winner. Spongebob then explains to them to not remember events that divide them, but recall what brings them together. Then the guys who were doing the reenactment chose to something 'more manly': knitting cute sweaters.

I seriously can't stand this episode. It's one of the few that I have a hard time sitting through the few times I try to make it through. This is one of the key moments where gross out humor just sabotages an episode. Look no further than this one. It doesn't help that the writing is horrendous and the humor gets used up on the best friend shirt joke. I mean look no further than Sand Castles in the Sand. If you want to write a good SB vs Patrick episode that tests their friendship for one another, watch that one. You don't have to go for some of the most low brow attempts at humor to try and have a good episode. What the hell were the writers thinking is all that I ask.

• Like 1

I won't deny that this isn't a good episode, but I never understood the "gross" complaints. This episode is as tame as you can get when it comes to "gross out". It honestly doesn't go far enough, if you ask me. The episode suffers from being just pure dead air. Nothing's memorable about it except for how stupid it is. It's not notable; it's just nothing. I don't think this one was on my list, but seeing it on here doesn't make me want to cry.

• Like 1

Can't wait to hear what you guys have to say about the so called "worst Squidward sabotage episode ever" because I'm already warning you

Spoiler

You aren't gonna like my thoughts

7. Good Neighbors

Good_Neighbors_2.png

132 points. 7 out of 17 lists. (#1 PatBack)

SpongeBob wakes up Squidward for work one morning, trying to be a "good neighbor", but Squidward angrily tells him that it is Sunday and that "a good neighbor doesn't bother me on Sunday". SpongeBob believes that Squidward is grouchy because he hasn't gotten his sunday paper, and tries to give it to him. He bumps into Patrick who is startled by the "newspaper monster". Upon hearing of the monster, SpongeBob and Patrick start to panic ascathed scatter the paper into the air as they run around.

Squidward begins his Sunday relaxation, when SpongeBob and patrick suddenly appear behind him wearing cultist-style fezzes and initiate him as president of the "Secret Royal Order of the Good Neighbor Lodge", which Spongebob and Patrick have just made up. Squidward tells SpongeBob and Patrick to paint all of the tree leaves around town with polka dots to get rid of Spongebob and Patrick. Outside, SpongeBob absorbs a can of red paint, Patrick pulls his arm like a lever, causing him to shoot specks of paint onto all the trees. At noon, SpongeBob and Patrick return to Squidward to tell him that they are almost done with their task, and SpongeBob accidentally shoots paint on his face and in his eyes. Squidward runs outside, screaming in pain, and is almost hit by a car. The drivers think that he is sick with chicken pox and takes him to the hospital.

Later, SpongeBob and Patrick hold a club meeting, and notices that Squidward is gone. They go inside his house to look for him, when a foot massager arrives to give Squidward a pedicure. When Squidward comes home, he finds SpongeBob and Patrick getting a pedicure to make sure that he "really is a certified foot masseur, and not some sort of assassin". Squidward pushes them aside and angrily demands the man to massage his feet, but he tells him that his hour is over and leaves. Furious, he makes SpongeBob and Patrick to leave, telling them to never bother him again.

Unable to understand that Squidward hates them, SpongeBob thinks Squidward was trying to tell them something. Upon hearing this, Squidward literally breaks his head through the front door and screams to them that "they're the worst neighbors EVER!!!" before taking their fezzes and stomping them onto the ground. Inside his house, Squidward sees his Sunday paper in a messy pile on the floor with a note from SpongeBob presenting it to him. Furious about this ("Good neighbors, my right!"), he kicks the paper until he sees an ad in the newspaper for a high-tech security system, which he gets and installs into his house. Squidward believes that the security will stop SpongeBob and Patrick from entering his house, but they suddenly come up behind him with an apology cake (and their fezzes back on). Squidward demands the security system to destroy them, but the machine says "No Threat Detected." Squidward then punches the machine in frustration, and the machine says "Threat detected". It then begins malfunctioning and declares a "code red" situation, literally kicking Squidward out of the building. The house then grows arms and legs and walks away with SpongeBob and Patrick still inside. Squidward then realizes that they can now no longer bother him and tells himself that "he is going to relax if it kills him."

Meanwhile, Squidward's House rampages through the city, and SpongeBob and Patrick turn the security system off just as the house returns to its original position, causing it to fall on top of Squidward. His Sunday relaxation time over, he calmly has SpongeBob and Patrick leave so he can get ready for work the next day. However, he finds an angry mob outside of his house, and a man gives him a summons that has him doing community service every Sunday for the rest of his life to pay off the damages to the city. SpongeBob and Patrick each get a summons as well. They look forward to cleaning up Bikini Bottom together and say that they will see "President Squidward" again next Sunday. Squidward has a nervous twitch.

I am absolutely fine with the positioning of this. I know how much hatred this episode gets and how many people think that Squidward doesn't deserve the treatment he gets. So I built myself up to be ready to see this episode so high on the countdown. Number seven isn't that bad of a place for it, so I can deal.

However, I think this episode...isn't that bad. To make matters even more interesting, I consider this one of the good episodes of Season 4. I think it's very funny and reminds me so much of a pre-movie SpongeBob episode. Like I said, Squidward doesn't deserve to have his day ruined, but I feel that the whole Squidward sabotage topic is a two way street.

I mean Squidward has gone through the same amounts of hell in the earlier seasons, but where are the Squid sabotage haters there? Where is the hate for The Camping Episode? Where is the hate for Jellyfishing? Where is the hate for Just One Bite? I could go on and on about how much Squidward gets sabotaged and doesn't deserve it. I mean you can look back at this countdown at where I make comments about Squidward sabotage. But they aren't the sole reasons for me hating the episode. Nope, those honors also belong to bad humor, poor storytelling, and much more.

But I feel that Good Neighbors has plenty of good jokes in it and while I don't like the fact that Squidward's House becomes a robot, it isn't as horrible as say having SpongeBob and Patrick dress up like a sock in Cephalopod Lodge. Either way, I like Good Neighbors. If you guys don't, then that's absolutely fine. I'm just inserting my two cents.

• Like 6

TrophyStealer, for the umpteenth time, no double posting. ;)

Oh hey...it's a new day. Doing the loophole again since my laptop time might be a bit limited again tomorrow, but this time due to a doctor's appointment.

6. Stuck in the Wringer

tumblr_lz603zo2Hg1qjhlhko1_500.jpg

148 points. 8 out of 17 lists. (#2 Box)

SpongeBob takes a morning shower at the beginning of this episode. When he gets out, he dries himself off in his wringer. As he starts to walk out of his bathroom, he nearly slips on a bar of soap. He is so proud of himself for avoiding a potential injury, that he doesn't notice that a rubber ducky has flown into his bathroom through his window. He trips over the ducky, then slips back onto the bar of soap, and finally gets stuck in his wringer. At this point, Patrick enters the bathroom and asks SpongeBob if he's seen his rubber ducky. SpongeBob points out the ducky that he tripped over, which is still on his floor.

Patrick runs over to it, excaliming "Ducky! I found you!" SpongeBob regretfully interrupts the reunion after a bit, telling Patrick that he needs help. He begins to explain that he is stuck in his wringer, but Patrick interrupts before he can finish, saying he knows how to help SponeBob. However, the problem only gets worse when Patrick, misunderstands the situation and uses Forever Glue to permanently trap SponeBob inside it. SpongeBob is a bit upset, but tries to go about his usual day. But, being stuck in the wringer causes some unforseen problems. He causes chaos at the Krusty Krab, and gets kicked out of work because he put Mr. Krabs' money in danger. Patrick meets him outside, and asks how his day is going. SpongeBob admits that he's having some trouble, and Patrick decides to take SpongeBob to Weenie Hut Jr.'s fir soome ice cream to cheer him up. SpongeBob becomes even sadder when he discovers that the wringer prevents him from eating his ice cream.

Patrick suggests that they go to the carnival, the "funnest spot in the ocean." Carnival games prove impossible for SpongeBob, but patrick has lots of fun. Patrick's good luck annoys SpongeBob, which finally causes him to lose his temper and scream at Patrick for ruining his life. Patrick runs off crying as a result, and the other fish at the carnival are disgusted with SpongeBob's outburst (they seem to know that Patrick had not helped him one bit, but that he had at least tried, despite his stupidity), and tell SpongeBob that he deserved what he got, sending him into depression.

The next morning, Patrick tries to ignore the fact that all of the things he usually does involve SpongeBob, and keeps telling himself that he's not supposed to care about SpongeBob anymore. Patrick finds that forgettng about his friend is impossible, and enters the pineapple by breaking down the door whiile yelling: "I'm coming buddy!" Inside, he finds a depressed and slightly crazed SpongeBob watching TV static. Horrified by this, and blaming himself for SpongeBob's problem, Patrick cries. His tears splash on the glue and melt some of it. Realizing this, SpongeBob suggests that they both cry, so hemight be able to slip out of the wringer. Both friends cry, which melts the glue and allows SpongeBob to be free of the wringer. SpongeBob and Patrick hug when SpongeBob tosses the wringer into the air,.When it comes back down, it lands around the two, leaving them stuck in the wringer together.

So out of the episodes that made it into the Top 10, this one was probably the most surprising to me...until I re-watched it. It was incredibly forgettable the first time I watched it, but after seeing it again, it was a pretty mean spirited one. First off, I have a hard time believing SpongeBob uses that wringer everyday since we have seen lord knows how many different ways he has gone through his morning procedure. But holy crap do I feel absolutely horrible for SpongeBob in this episode. He goes through so much hell in this episode that you genuinely feel bad for the guy. But this is not the focal point of my criticism. Nope. This episode is just despicable because of....HIM!

tumblr_lkkhb6tEPR1qbaxlqo1_250.gif

Trying to make us sympathize with Patrick? HE IS THE REASON SPONGEBOB IS IN THIS MESS IN THE FIRST PLACE! No this isn't Douche Patrick, it's incredibly huge dumb*dolphin noise* Patrick. This is him at his idiot crescendo. I can't think of an episode where Patrick surpasses this amount of stupidity. Oh and we are suppose to feel bad for SpongeBob snapping at him? Then the townsfolk defend Patrick? ARE YOU *DOLPHIN NOISE* KIDDING ME? I can't think of any likeable moments in this episode. Maybe the brain smiling...but I think it's more unintentionally creepy than anything else. Oh and I guess seeing Weenie Hut Jr.'s again was cool...if it wasn't for the bad timing of the jokes during the scene. Plenty of bad jokes in general.

One final complaint? The moral. CRYING SOLVES YOUR PROBLEMS AFTER ALL? *facepalms*

• Like 6

I think the ending was the worst. I'm surprised Nick wasn't SUED for the ending due to the fact of all the other stupid stuff SpongeBob got people mad at. [The g*y incident]

This episode should've been higher.