• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Worst SpongeBob Episodes

Clappy

wait, thats tied with 50 in points.

But the tie breaker is the amount of lists the episode appeared on. Are You Happy Now appeared on more users lists than Truth or Square and Yours, Mine and Mine. Thus why Are You Happy Now is 49 and the other two are 50.

SpongeBob Nostalgics. Shield your eyes!

47. I'm With Stupid

tumblr_m5liomWYHL1r2g7mto1_r1_500.png

37 points. 4 out of 17 lists. (#9 Wumbo)

Starfish Day is tomorrow and Patrick is cleaning his house. SpongeBob asks Patrick why he is doing this. So he shows him a sixteenth note, then the letter B, then a message from his parents. Patrick then informs SpongeBob that his parents are coming and his parents always think of him as a stupid person. Patrick has to convince them that he is not dumb, and asks SpongeBob for help. He offers to pretend to be stupid for the night.

The next day, SpongeBob acts stupid as ever. They actually think he is really dumb including Patrick. So of course, Patrick's douche meter turns up and treats SpongeBob terribly. SpongeBob can't take it anymore and ask Patrick to have a private talk in the kitchen. SpongeBob tells Patrick to lay off the insults just a little bit. Douche Patrick still thinks he is dumb and SpongeBob needs to prove to Patrick’s Parents that he is not stupid.

SpongeBob shows them what he knows and tries to prove he is not stupid. However, they still think he is stupid and they have taught Patrick taught him all those things. Finally, SpongeBob can't take it anymore as Patrick and his parents insults drive him away. Patrick’s so-called parents then reveal their real names, Janet and Marty. Patrick then asks "WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?". Just after asking said dramatic question, plot resolution Squidward comes to the door with Patrick's real parents; who've been shouting outside Squidward's house all day "Where's Patrick?". In addition, Janet and Marty realize they don't even have a son.

I'll be honest. I use to like this episode a lot when it first aired. Now that I am older, I can't help but dislike this episode. It didn't make my list, but I understand why it made so many others. This is what lead to the birth of Douche Patrick. He has already made his appearance once on this countdown (Yours, Mine and Mine). Trust me, this won't be his last appearance on it either. Oh and this won't be the last pre-movie SpongeBob episode on here either. We have a couple more of those on here too.

• Like 6

Glad to see I'm With Stupid on here. I like that episode, but I feel for poor SpongeBob in it too. So it's kinda 50/50 now with me. I'm surprised that SBC members disliked Face Freeze and not just post movie haters. Just because the faces weren't that attractive doesn't make it a bad episode.

• Like 2

Not a fan of Face Freeze, but it didn't make my list. Still, I found some of the faces to be creepy beyond belief. But I guess it had a good moral.

Now I'm with Stupid is an episode that I never realized I hated so much until I really considered it for my list. Patrick is awful in this one, his "parents" are stupid characters, and that scene with the three starfish laughing is a nightmare. A couple good jokes doesn't save this travesty.

• Like 4

Last one for today folks...and once again, I disagree, but it's a group countdown, so let's get this one up.

46. Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom

339758195_640.jpg

37 points. 3 out of 17 lists. (#2 MichaelMN)

Squidward is listening to Kelpy G's smooth jazz on the radio. The radio announces that there is a concert tonight, but the tickets are sold out. Squidward is happy because he has tickets so he can go to the concert, but Patrick swallows it. They use the phones for a chance to win more tickets, but they keep on losing, but guess who figures it out? SpongeBob of course and he invites Squidward to come along so they both can go backstage to meet Kelpy G.

We fast forward to later that night at the concert. SpongeBob's immature behavior makes Squidward feel embarrassed, so Squidward tries to give SpongeBob the slip, by having him get lemonade in the long line, but he shows up and said there was a second lemonade stand. They both go to the concert together and Kelpy G comes down from a large clarinet and plays jazz. What could possibly go wrong? Plot point Patrick of course.

Patrick comes along and said he wanted nachos. Squidward gets angrier. Patrick eats Squidward's backstage pass, so SpongeBob compassionately gives Squidward his backstage pass, but Patrick eats his too. Patrick wants more nachos. He interrupts Kelpy G's performance, which makes him stop playing, and says what he wants to eat through the microphone and then when he sees his guards try to hurt him, he jumps off the stage and is then carried away by the fans. SpongeBob and Squidward sneak away, but the guards tell them to go back to their seats. When the two get there, they find that some other people took them. Squidward angrily yells at them, which makes Kelpy G stop playing again.

The guards kick them out, but the duo manages to sneak backstage. Kelpy G's manager tells them that they need to leave because they don't have any backstage passes. They both attempt to impress Kelpy G. Squidward begins to play the clarinet, while SpongeBob plays the ukulele. Kelpy G is impressed with Spongebob's ukulele playing. The fans wait for Kelpy G to come and he does, but there is a partner with him, who happens to be SpongeBob. Squidward comes out on the stage to prove that he is better. However, the guards carry him out.

I'll be honest. This episode had it's flaws, but I liked it. I've seen this episode get hate for it's Squidward abuse, but how is this any worse than how he has been abused in the past? As a matter of fact, Squidward still got to go to the concert regardless and SpongeBob was actually being a genuine good friend to Squidward because he knows how badly he wanted to go. The only bad parts were Patrick's recurring nacho gag. It was unfunny the first time, then it became increasingly frustrating every time he made the same unfunny mistake. Even with Douche Patrick's cousin Inexplicably Moronic Patrick, this still didn't drag the episode to the point of hatred. What I enjoyed about it was the animation, the music, and the plot. If you wanted a bad Squidward sabotage episode, he would have not gotten to get to the concert at all. Just saying.

• Like 5

So I told a few XAT goers yesterday that I thought #48 was underrated. Well enough with the teasers, here it is:

48. Face Freeze

12057384.jpg

36 points. 2 out of 17 lists. (#3 Sabre)

SpongeBob and Patrick are eating lunch at the Krusty Krab. While eating they start making ugly faces at each other. Mr. Krabs rushes out of his office to see them making faces at each other and tells them to stop. He then tells them a story about a man who wouldn't stop sticking his tongue out. His face got frozen with his tongue out. Then after it got frozen, it falls off. SpongeBob and Patrick are terrified of this story and vow never to make faces again.

After trying hard not to, they end up making faces again. SpongeBob then suggests they really put Mr. Krabs' myth to the test and they go to places in Bikkini Bottom. Then at the Goo Lagoon, Sandy finds them, and says they need help. I couldn't agree more. So after going camping that night for the first time since The Camping Episode, they decide to sleep in their new faces.

The next day, SpongeBob and Patrick wake up and realize their faces are frozen and both of them can't move their faces. They start screaming and rush to Sandy's house for help. Sandy then starts giving them a face massage. However, this just makes their faces droop down to their chins. SpongeBob then goes to work at the Krusty Krab anyways.

Eventually, Mr. Krabs finds out about SpongeBob's face freeze and face-pulling because Patrick walked into the Krusty Krab with a contorted frozen face. An angry Mr. Krabs then makes a face and it freezes, then Squidward comes in and laughs at them, he laughs so much that his face froze. The episode ends with them laughing and Squidward crying.

364624695_640.jpg

Now why do I think it's an underrated episode? I just don't get what others don't like about it. It's a harmless episode that actually has a sense of morals because SpongeBob and Patrick get punished for ignoring Mr. Krabs warning. Kinda like in Hooky. I mean yeah making faces is often one of the lowest forms of comedy, but I thought the animation designs were actually kinda interesting. My only problems were the sometimes recurring goof of SpongeBob and Patrick being able to breathe in Sandy's tree dome and the ending where Mr. Krabs and Squidward get their faces frozen so fast. While I'm not saying I like this episode, I thought it was probably around a 6/6.5 out of 10 in my opinion. Btw, if Mr. Krabs and Squidward had to get the face freeze, I wish they would have gotten these instead:

MOAR_KRABS_by_Sporemaster.jpg

Skodwarde_1.jpg

Btw, the next episode on the countdown is a pre-movie SpongeBob episode, so I'm pretty sure the comments will be interesting to read.

Yeah, face freeze isn't really all that bad.

• Like 1

SpongeBob Nostalgics. Shield your eyes!

47. I'm With Stupid

tumblr_m5liomWYHL1r2g7mto1_r1_500.png

37 points. 4 out of 17 lists. (#9 Wumbo)

Starfish Day is tomorrow and Patrick is cleaning his house. SpongeBob asks Patrick why he is doing this. So he shows him a sixteenth note, then the letter B, then a message from his parents. Patrick then informs SpongeBob that his parents are coming and his parents always think of him as a stupid person. Patrick has to convince them that he is not dumb, and asks SpongeBob for help. He offers to pretend to be stupid for the night.

The next day, SpongeBob acts stupid as ever. They actually think he is really dumb including Patrick. So of course, Patrick's douche meter turns up and treats SpongeBob terribly. SpongeBob can't take it anymore and ask Patrick to have a private talk in the kitchen. SpongeBob tells Patrick to lay off the insults just a little bit. Douche Patrick still thinks he is dumb and SpongeBob needs to prove to Patrick’s Parents that he is not stupid.

SpongeBob shows them what he knows and tries to prove he is not stupid. However, they still think he is stupid and they have taught Patrick taught him all those things. Finally, SpongeBob can't take it anymore as Patrick and his parents insults drive him away. Patrick’s so-called parents then reveal their real names, Janet and Marty. Patrick then asks "WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?". Just after asking said dramatic question, plot resolution Squidward comes to the door with Patrick's real parents; who've been shouting outside Squidward's house all day "Where's Patrick?". In addition, Janet and Marty realize they don't even have a son.

I'll be honest. I use to like this episode a lot when it first aired. Now that I am older, I can't help but dislike this episode. It didn't make my list, but I understand why it made so many others. This is what lead to the birth of Douche Patrick. He has already made his appearance once on this countdown (Yours, Mine and Mine). Trust me, this won't be his last appearance on it either. Oh and this won't be the last pre-movie SpongeBob episode on here either. We have a couple more of those on here too.

Wumbo, how could you

• Like 3

I've never had a problem with this one (in fact, I actually quite like it) I guess Patrick was a bit of a jerk but the story wouldn't have worked if he wasn't...

Thank you for helping me know somebody else likes Im with Stupid

I had a feeling I'm With Stupid's inclusion would brew up some controversy, wait until you see the other pre-movie episodes that made the list. :P

Anywho, Nuggets torture is finally over. If I'm not mistaken, this is the last Season 8 episode on this countdown

45. Demolition Doofus

Spongebob-173b-mrs-puffs-plan-clip-1-.jpg

39 points. 2 out of 17 lists. (#5 SOF)

SpongeBob goes to boating school and then continues to crash into two cars, inflating Mrs. Puff every time he continues to crash into an obstacle. Mrs. Puff then inflates so much, she sends the car airborne. SpongeBob then crashes the car into the lighthouse, injuring Mrs. Puff. In the hospital, Doctor Forrest clarifies that Mrs. Puff's inflation sac was popped in the collision and she will not be able to "puff" again. Mrs. Puff has to be tranquilized after leaping on to SpongeBob and man-handling his nose. SpongeBob then begins to ramble and the doctor tranquilizes him as well.

SpongeBob then visits Mrs. Puff with a bouquet of flowers along with the hundreds of other flowers he sent her, which she appears to be allergic to. After forcing her into a wheelchair, he pushes her down the hallway. Doctors are seen sprinting through the hallway with muscular men on the gurneys. SpongeBob stops Dr. Forrest and asked what was going on. He replies the Demolition Derby are about to battle in the hospital room. It appears that they are hitting each other with wheelchairs. Mrs. Puff imagines them smashing into SpongeBob and killing him. Her laughing attracts SpongeBob's attention, and she claims she has a way for him to earn "extra credit".

After talking to Captain Lutefisk, she shows him how much damage SpongeBob can do with a boat, though he is just using a steering wheel. Lutefisk says he is perfect for the derby. At the derby, Mrs. Puff is enraged at how SpongeBob is defeating the competitors only by serendipity. She then grabs a tractor and starts chase after SpongeBob, trying to smoosh him. They then collide into the boating school, where Mrs. Puff regains her "puff", only for the school to smoosh the two.

Before I finally caught this episode, I noticed how much spark this episode has in terms of debating about Puff's sanity. Was Mrs. Puff blood thirsty? Yeah. But think about the amount of years she had to put up with going to jail, getting injured, property damage in Bikini Bottom, and all sorts of suffering she has been through because of SpongeBob. You don't think her sanity has been affected drastically ever since SpongeBob enrolled in her boating school? Am I saying this was a good episode? I respond with a collective meh. It wasn't good, but it wasn't bad either. I would probably give it a middle of the road score of 5 or 5.5. It's inclusion on the countdown doesn't bother me, but at the same time, I wouldn't have put it on my list. However, I am glad this episode existed because we got to see a different perspective to Mrs. Puff that was building up for over the years of this show's existence.

• Like 2

I guess it depends if you want the characters at all times to stay the same through the show or have character development. That's what happened to Mrs. Puff, she grew more frustrated at the little yellow sponge. Still, I don't really like how she acted and I kinda understand why this is on the list.

• Like 2

Our next episode is an episode hated for all the wrong reasons....maybe? Often regarded as one of the most controversial episodes of all time. I'm talking about....

44. Karate Island

212.png

39 points. 4 out of 17 lists. (#6 SOF)

Before I go into recap, I would like to bring this thought provoking question into the minds of everyone else. If Wishing You Well finished ahead of Karate Island on the Best Day Ever Top 100 Countdown, would it get the same amount of hate Karate Island gets today? Actually, the same goes to any other Season 4 episode that finished incredibly high on that countdown. Makes you wonder, huh.

Anyway, SpongeBob is waxing Gary when the mailfish shows up and hands SpongeBob a videotape. SpongeBob plays the tape on his TV, which says that he has been crowned the King of Karate and tells him to go to Karate Island to be crowned.

SpongeBob is about to leave when he encounters Sandy to whom he happily explains that he is the King of Karate. Sandy is suspicious of this, so she accompanies SpongeBob on the boat ride. The boat stops at Karate Island, where the guru, Master Udon, greets SpongeBob but ignores Sandy. SpongeBob, to prove his Karate skills, asks to fight Master Udon's best guards. Three guards arrive, and when they fight SpongeBob, they pretend to get hurt and soon pretended to be defeated.

Sandy notices this, adding to her suspicion. SpongeBob is officially crowned "King of Karate" and sits on his throne and requests Sandy to sit beside him in a lounge chair. Sandy leaves when SpongeBob becomes an arrogant douche and accuses her of being jealous of him. After she leaves, SpongeBob is suddenly locked into his throne. Just as the water is up to Sandy's head (which I never understood why Sandy was walking in the water in the first place), she hears SpongeBob's cries for help, and reluctantly goes back to save him.

Sandy fights through Udon's castle until she reaches SpongeBob, who is being held hostage by Master Udon. Udon reveals that he is a real estate agent, and won't let SpongeBob go until he agrees to buy a time-share condo on the island, while also increasing his equity. He then tells SpongeBob he is not king of karate, but could be king of condos. SpongeBob shouts in horror and Sandy attempts to fight Udon, but he drops a sturdy bamboo cage on her, which she quickly breaks out of with meditation, strange hand movements and weird muttering. Master Udon rips off his robes while Sandy rips off her jumpsuit to expose her bikini and after a brief muscle growth in their swimsuits the two begin fighting and Sandy defeats Udon by kicking him out of the room into the water below. She frees SpongeBob, and the two leave the island only for Squidward to arrive and claim the throne of King of the Clarinets.

Now that the recap is done, I will admit to being one of the four to vote for this episode. Never liked this episode, even before it was announced as number one on that Best Day Ever countdown. Reasons being?

-While SpongeBob may have been a huge douche, Sandy was almost as big of one. I mean she constantly states how much better she is than SpongeBob in karate, but we've seen in the past that both of them are equivalent in terms of skills. She may be more athletic, but by no means are, and I quote, "her karate skills are better than his karate by a country mile".

-The Four Floors of Fear. DEAR GOD THE FOUR FLOORS OF FEAR. Worst part of the episode hands down. Exactly how is karate involved with any of the first three fights? The first guy tickles, the second lady kisses, the third guy has bad odor. How does Sandy defeat them? Jelly doughnuts, a hair dryer, and the fact that she has an air helmet. Amount of actual karate used? Zero. At least the fourth floor has actual fighting, but it's still nothing to write home about.

This episode in general is just stupid. The only redeeming quality is Pat Morita's guest spot as Master Udon. It's a shame that this was one of the last roles we have to remember him by. Pat Morita can't make up for bad writing, unfunny jokes, and failed subliminal messaging of female empowerment.

• Like 3