Rating?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• 5/5 Stars: SWEET SWEET VICTORY!
    • 4/5 Stars: Chum is Fum!
    • 3/5 Stars: Mediocre clarinet player
    • 2/5 Stars: Bzz bzz?
    • 1/5 Stars: DEUGH! HORRIBLE!

Great episode. The parts with Plankton trying to buy the Krusty Krab made me lol. :P Great references to past episodes as well. That band corrdinator guy was cool during the song, but he just became a jerk throughtout the episode, but he had a reason since he was taken away from his new talent and wanted to get revenge on Mr. Krabs. Overall, great episode, 10/10. A+!

It's the Season 8 finale that i've been waiting for - sure, it's another Krusty Krab episode (which this season has been CLOGGED with), but putting

that minor little detail aside, this episode was pretty decent and a great season finale. Colonel Carper, I assume, randomly became the villain after

the "It's High Tide Time We Went On Tour" number, (which was actually pretty good, remiscent of episodes like Atlantis SquarePantis) and he doesn't

get beat or anything - after the last song number, (also great) he just leaves with his ruffians (The wrestlers from Krusty Krushers, great reference).

(Worth pointing out, Andy Samberg guest stars as the colonel.

The episode revolves around Squidward and SpongeBob on tour with Mr. Krabs as their manager (and Patrick is in there for some reason) as they

go around the ocean playing gigs for places like a... retirement home.. and a supermarket! :l. They're not even gigs - in all honesty Mr. Krabs steals

them 50% of the time :P. Ned and The Needlefish make their return from S4 in this episode, too, and I welcome it, for sure. The Plankton trying to buy

the Krusty Krab at a pawn shop was funny while it lasted (it wasn't overplayed, which is a relief).

Overall - a good season finale with some great musical numbers and good as a whole.

Grade: B.

Ah. Well, a lot to say. Considering this was an episode written by Charmatz and Springer, I expected the episode to involve an adventure and character development (Enchanted Tiki Dreams and A Squarepants Family Vacation dealt with these factors and were directed by the same people). So, let's break down the episode in it's good and it's bad.

The Good

-I know I've bagged on Aaron Springer A LOT in the past, but I really appreciated his involvement in this episode. His directing habits can be incredibly odd (Giving Krabs, Pat and SB giant cheeks, making SB's legs incredibly close together and feminine, and sequences that go on for too long and feel pointless), but here, they worked, actually. Perhaps it was Sean Charmatz balancing his habits out with his Pre-Movie style in the episode, but Aaron Springer did a beast job here. I especially love the "Never Give Up" musical number, because while the song was written by Charmatz, the direction throughout the entire song is just Pure Springer, and I love that. He's really rebounded in the past. :D

-I feel the episode really repaired the relationship b/t Squidward and Spongebob. The abuse in the episode was minimal, and by the end, Squidward and Spongebob's relationship seemed to be less "I HATE YOU NOW GO DIE" but Squidward seemed tolerant of Spongebob, perhaps even to the point of having them be friends. I hope this continues into new episodes.

-The songs were good. "High Tide Time" did feel a little long and a bit off. But "Never Give Up" was fantastic, and I liked the emotion in the number especially. The songs weren't cringe worthy, and the lyrics were pretty good.

-The Plankton subplot was funny, as was the "Too Loud" bit. The episode was genuinely funny throughout. Good humor abound.

-The direction in this episode was also spectacular. A lot of continuity references in here, too. Counted ones to Boating Buddies, Band Geeks, Kracked Krabs, Penny Foolish and Wigstruck.

The Bad

-Mr Krabs swung between being the annoying cheapskate he can be and just an okay character. He was pretty okay, but could get annoying sometimes in the episode.

-Where they did the gigs was a missed opportunity; A Supermarket could've been the Barg-N-Mart, and Shady Lanes should've been Shady Shoals, as well.

Other than that, the episode was really good. 9/10. A very fitting finale to the Eighth Season. Cannot wait for the DVD. If we ever get one.

Don't mean to bump, but....

I just realized that this is the last episode ever written by the three people that wrote it- Aaron Springer left SpongeBob after this, Sean Charmatz left SpongeBob after this, and Dani Michaeli left SpongeBob after this. It's even crazier that this episode focuses on undoing the damage of Squidward Abuse, which was a trait that Dani Michaeli and Aaron Springer used in their episodes. To top it off, this episode revolves around SpongeBob, Squidward, and (to a lesser extent), Patrick. The relationship between these three was the entire plot of Naughty Nautical Neighbors. Which was Aaron Springer's first episode of the show.

It probably wasn't intentional by any means, but dang, I find all of that crazy. Feels like the end of an era in some ways.

still love this ep by the way

• Like 4

I just realized that this is the last episode ever written by the three people that wrote it- Aaron Springer left SpongeBob after this, Sean Charmatz left SpongeBob after this, and Dani Michaeli left SpongeBob after this. It's even crazier that this episode focuses on undoing the damage of Squidward Abuse, which was a trait that Dani Michaeli and Aaron Springer used in their episodes. To top it off, this episode revolves around SpongeBob, Squidward, and (to a lesser extent), Patrick. The relationship between these three was the entire plot of Naughty Nautical Neighbors. Which was Aaron Springer's first episode of the show.

It probably wasn't intentional by any means, but dang, I find all of that crazy. Feels like the end of an era in some ways.

well said, AN :)

Those are some shrewd observations that do make the episode feel like a coincidence.

No...just no. I absolutely DESPISE this episode. It's another bad way to end a season like Clash of Triton (yes, I JUST said that) because of several reasons. 1. A lot of the characters were annoying and or bad. The fish that appears near the beginning became, of course an absolute jerk, the old fish that said Sponge and Squid was quite annoying, Mr. Krabs was the cheap little *dolphin noise* he always is, and Spongebob was a little annoying.

2. It was somewhat of a "Squidward Abuse", like many post-movie episodes. Also, that fish turned it into a torture of nearly all of the main characters.

3. The ending...oh god, THE ENDING. This ending is so god *dolphin noise* bad for many reasons. First off, they pulled off a Shuffleboarding and scrapped the entire main plot of going on a tour to get money to buy the Krusty Krab back and bought the KK with FREAKING COLLEGE FUNDS! Also, it didn't turn out well for Plankton, even though that kinda stuff always happens to him. Just plain awful move, Nick. Next time, try to make your season finales better.

36108257.jpg

Actually, the entire episode was a sick Squidward abuse episode, the worst in its category. Look what happened to Squidward throughout the episode:

1. Becomes nearly deaf with the sound of the first song.

2. Catches on fire when the sound equipment broke.

3. Gets pinned.

4. Gets charged.

5. Runs through cacti and gets brutally injured.

6. Contacts radioactivity, causing his foot to start talking morbidly.

7. Has a heart attack during the second song.

8. Gets left behind in the desert alone.

...Really don't want to step on any toes here but I really don't see how this was a bad episode at all, by any means. Squidward Abuse? That happens all the time so I don't see why that's an issue, there wasn't even a lot here. Jerk characters? The only real jerk in here is Mr. Krabs and even he was more tolerable than usual. And the ending was great. D;

Could this be a mediocre episode? Sure, whatever. But calling it as bad as "Clash Of Triton"? That makes me want to cry. I think the positives far outweigh any negatives in this one.