Rating?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• 5/5 Stars: SWEET SWEET VICTORY!
    • 4/5 Stars: Chum is Fum!
    • 3/5 Stars: Mediocre clarinet player
    • 2/5 Stars: Bzz bzz?
    • 1/5 Stars: DEUGH! HORRIBLE!

...Really don't want to step on any toes here but I really don't see how this was a bad episode at all, by any means. Squidward Abuse? That happens all the time so I don't see why that's an issue, there wasn't even a lot here. Jerk characters? The only real jerk in here is Mr. Krabs and even he was more tolerable than usual. And the ending was great. D;

Could this be a mediocre episode? Sure, whatever. But calling it as bad as "Clash Of Triton"? That makes me want to cry. I think the positives far outweigh any negatives in this one.

Actually, the entire episode was a sick Squidward abuse episode, the worst in its category. Look what happened to Squidward throughout the episode:

1. Becomes nearly deaf with the sound of the first song.

2. Catches on fire when the sound equipment broke.

3. Gets pinned.

4. Gets charged.

5. Runs through cacti and gets brutally injured.

6. Contacts radioactivity, causing his foot to start talking morbidly.

7. Has a heart attack during the second song.

8. Gets left behind in the desert alone.

Hello Bikini Bottom was an okay episode. Wasn't bad or anything. The plot didn't have much substance besides SpongeBob and Squidward attempting to go around town and start a gig but them failing each time. The ending included because the townspeople were watching the light show and not SB and Squiddy. Mr. Krabs got what he deserved, but I don't think the episode was worth all the hype. Some funny tidbits were thrown in "still too loud!!!" is one, the tire snacks was another. Overall I'll give it a 6/10.

Here's some interesting trivia: The season 8 holdovers were produced alongside the beginning of season 9, they cropped the last few season 8 episodes to standard definition on purpose to keep them consistent with the rest of the season. 

This episode was actually still being worked on while they had already shipped season 9A to Korea in January 2012. They also already recorded all the voices for Extreme Spots in January too. There are model sheets from this episode with dates of March 2012.  

The only reason why this episode is still signed off as season eight is because it was conceived first (it was in the storyboarding/outlining phase before they started season 9)