• Advertisement

Toy Story 3

Sebby

This was an amazing movie. I even saw it twice! I'll be sad to see the beloved series go away.

The good thing is that they have a Pixar short coming before Cars 2 which will feature the Toys from Toy Story 3. Cars 2 will hit theaters June 22nd, 2010.

This was an amazing movie. I even saw it twice! I'll be sad to see the beloved series go away.

The good thing is that they have a Pixar short coming before Cars 2 which will feature the Toys from Toy Story 3. Cars 2 will hit theaters June 22nd, 2010.

Sooo... a few months ago?

Well I feel like giving a summary of my experience with this movie since the end of Toy Story 2. Let me start by saying I loved the first two movies, although I've almost always liked the first one more, mostly due to the competition between Woody and Buzz. But anyway, after seeing the second movie back in 1999, a third movie was expected. But then we heard nothing about it for years. I believed for the longest time that it was canceled, although I heard a few times that it was still scheduled.

Then a few years back we heard official news about it (I think it might have been 2007). To be honest I was really worried that they'd blow it, considering most Disney sequels are usually unworthy. However I was intrigued by the plot of Andy leaving for college and having to do something with his toys. That's what Toy Story 2 was leading up to, after all.

I didn't think a whole lot about Toy Story 3 until we got the first trailer, either in 2008 or 2009. Just seeing that the trailer had the same feel as the classics gave me hope that this movie would be good. Then, towards the end of last year, Toy Story and Toy Story 2 were re-released in theaters in 3D together, plus a real preview for the third movie. It was then when I was truly really optimistic about this movie. Up until it hit theaters this past 2010 summer, I felt that it didn't have to be as good as the first two movies to satisfy me. Because back then, I apparently knew that it wouldn't be as good as Toy Story and most likely Toy Story 2.

And then I saw it in June. Well, let me say this. Soon after seeing it I realized that it was surely better then Toy Story 2, an incredibly impressive feat already. And after thinking about it more, I ultimately decided that I liked it even more then the original, something I never imagined and told myself wouldn't happen. It just blew away my expectations. It was funny, but also emotional. I think my favorite part was the scene where they believed they were going to die. I was really on the edge in those moments. But the ending is a close second. At first I expected Woody to leave with Andy and the others to go up to the attic. I felt that was a nice little goodbye between Woody and Buzz, along with the others. However, the ending we truly got was better. As I said in another thread, it's the only movie I can think of that made me feel like this...

285539.gif

The Toy Story series is clearly the heart of Pixar. Nothing they make has or will come close to it. It's also a trilogy that should not be continued further. A fourth movie isn't needed, and I think the people at Pixar know this, too. Because, as it is, the Toy Story franchise is a masterpiece, and for that I have something to say to Pixar.

60147.gif

I love all the Pixar movies personally. Also, I saw Toy Story 3 at the cheap seats just a month ago. It was a great movie, and I even started to cry at the end. It was sad to see my child hood about to be incinerated.

I loved Toy Story 3. It's my favorite Pixar movie next to Up. And I'd really like to see that short during Cars 2.

But I really don't think Cars needed a sequal. Not sure what to expect about Monsters Inc. 2, but if there's any movie that needs a sequal, it's the Incredibles.