• Advertisement

The Beach Boys

Jellatine

I looked and looked, and couldn't find a topic of them! Shame on you, SBC :o lol

Anyway, one of the greatest bands that started out in the 60's, and popularized what we call Surf rock.

Discuss here!

One of my favorite songs by them is Good Vibrations ♥.♥ It makes me feel all jolly when I listen to it ;P

I hear that Sauce and UC were the inspirations behind the song California Girls.

All kidding aside, the Beach Boys are rad. Love Good Vibrations. One of my favorite songs of all time.

I don't listen to them often, but they do have good talent. They're really good at harmonizing, and some of their songs get stuck in my head all the time, like Good Vibrations and Wouldn't It Be Nice.

Spoiler

400th post!

:D

I stick by my earlier opinion. In the 60s/70s they did an awesome job mixing psychedelia, surfing, and pop muzak. Their 80s stuff is really unbearable, though. Especially "Kokomo". That song is closer to Jimmy Buffett garbage than anything. Still an important and fantastic group when they were in their prime, though.

SMiLE is their best album, even though it was never given a proper release as scheduled. Don't believe me? Listen for yourself.

Though in terms of what I like about the Beach Boys in general, I mainly listen to their beach period stuff. Nothing like bubblegum pop about cars, surfing and girls.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2013 at 8:47 AM, CyanideFishbone said:

One of my favorite bands. Sloop John B. is amongst my favorite songs ever.

I can't fucking believe 12 year old me said Kokomo is among my favorite songs ever. That song is complete garbage, glad I finally woke up and now agree with the majority opinion.

This band's original stuff is really dope. Fucking love it, and yeah, Sloop John B. comes close to some of my favorite songs ever fucking written. I remember it blew my mind the first time I heard it. There's nothing like 60's pop about surfing, girls, and adolescence.

I just recently listened to their song, "Little Honda," for the first time EVER!!!! :D Did NOT realize what an INSTANT classic that was! o.o I need to listen to more obscure-sounding titles like THAT! :hysterical: And I also listened to the "Pet Sounds" album (in full), for the first time EVER!!!! :cool: I can SEE why THAT album influenced "Sergent Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"! Enough said! ;)