Best actor, comedy: Jim Parsons, "The Big Bang Theory"

Best actress, comedy: Julia Louis-Dreyfus, "Veep"

Best supporting actor, comedy: Tony Hale, "Veep"

Best supporting actress, comedy: Merritt Wever, "Nurse Jackie"

Best comedy writer: Tina Fey and Tracey Wigfield, "30 Rock"

Best directing, comedy: Gail Mancuso, "Modern Family"

Best actor, movie or miniseries: Michael Douglas, "Behind the Candelabra"

Best actress, movie or miniseries: Laura Linney, "The Big C: Hereafter"

Best supporting actor, movie or miniseries: James Cromwell, "American Horror Story: Asylum"

Best supporting actress, movie or miniseries: Ellen Burstyn, "Political Animals"

Best director, movie or miniseries: Steven Soderbergh, "Behind the Candelabra"

Best writing, movie or miniseries: Abi Morgan, "The Hour"

Best variety series: "The Colbert Report"

For the first time in many and I mean many months:

-Disney is reviving Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers as a CGI/live action hybrid.  Commercial director Robert Rugan is the lead candidate to direct the movie.  While I did enjoy the original series, I can't help but be skeptical since Disney one of the few companies to not use this film strategy yet (unless you want to count non-Disney properties made into Disney films like George of the Jungle and Underdog).  So I'm hoping that this gets treated with more care since it's an original Disney property.

-The bricks are being set in place for The Lego Movie 2.  Screenwriter Jared Stern has been hired to draft the sequel, which his resume consists of a lot of bad films like The Watch and The Internship.  No word yet on anyone else returning.

-The Transporter franchise is being rebooted for a new trilogy without star Jason Statham.  And there goes any chance of it succeeding since The Transporter has always been a good cheesy film franchise primarily because of Statham.

-So much for taking a break.  Leonardo DiCaprio has signed on to star in another movie with Jonah Hill.  Bromance alert.  This time they'll be in a film called "The Ballad of Richard Jewell" which is based on a true story about the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta and how a backpack bomb was located on sight by Jewell.

-The character "Vision" has been cast by Marvel for The Avengers: Age of Ultron.  Starring in said role will be Paul Bettany who is already the voice of J.A.R.V.I.S. in the Marvel Cinemaverse.  I swear if they make J.A.R.V.I.S. into Vision in the movies, I'll probably nerd out since it's kinda genius removing J.A.R.V.I.S. from Iron Man.  It'll definitely make Iron Man less "egotistical" in my mind.

-Evangeline Lilly has signed on for an unspecified role in Marvel's Ant-Man film.  Ant-Man is looking to be one hell of an awesome film with Edgar Wright directing and Paul Rudd starring as well as Michael Douglas.

-In Batman vs Superman news, Jesse Eisenberg is set to be Lex Luthor while Jeremy Irons is going to be Alfred.  I seriously have no idea how I feel about any of these outside the box casting hires, but man I just don't give a fuck since I will be more than likely there on opening night.

-Captain America and Thor are set to get third movies which means more cross promotion for The Avengers 3.

-Channing Tatum is going to be Gambit for another X-Men origins film.  My god Fox, you are really going to whore out the X-Men til we get sick of them, aren't ya?

-Seth Rogen revealed the voice cast of his R-rated animated comedy, Sausage Party, and it includes many of the same people. Sausage Party will be an animated adventure about a sausage trying to make his way across a supermarket during a 4th of July sale. Starring Seth Rogen, James Franco, Jonah Hill, Kristen Wiig, Michael Cera, Nick Kroll, David Krumholtz, and Edward Norton.

-Aardman Studios has announced the sixth film to be developed by them will be a feature film for Shaun the Sheep.

-M Night Shyamalan's working on his next film which will be a reunion with Bruce Willis and it's called Labor of Love.  It will be about a man who walks from Philadelphia to across America to prove his love for a woman.  I bet the vintage Shyamalan twist will be that the wife was dead all along because...why not?  He's already reuniting with Bruce Willis again.  Better rip off their infamous movie while they're at it.

-Kevin Hart and Ed Helms are starring in DreamWorks Captain Underpants film.  I'm still on the fence about one of the worst books that I loved from my childhood is getting a movie.

-And finally, The Nut Job is getting a sequel.  Thank you youth of America.  Because we really needed a sequel to this.  You guys are nuts.

• Like 2

-Disney is reviving Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers as a CGI/live action hybrid.  Commercial director Robert Rugan is the lead candidate to direct the movie.  While I did enjoy the original series, I can't help but be skeptical since Disney one of the few companies to not use this film strategy yet (unless you want to count non-Disney properties made into Disney films like George of the Jungle and Underdog).  So I'm hoping that this gets treated with more care since it's an original Disney property.

-And finally, The Nut Job is getting a sequel.  Thank you youth of America.  Because we really needed a sequel to this.  You guys are nuts.

This is one of the worst few minutes of my life.

For the first time in many and I mean many months:

-Disney is reviving Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers as a CGI/live action hybrid. Commercial director Robert Rugan is the lead candidate to direct the movie. While I did enjoy the original series, I can't help but be skeptical since Disney one of the few companies to not use this film strategy yet (unless you want to count non-Disney properties made into Disney films like George of the Jungle and Underdog). So I'm hoping that this gets treated with more care since it's an original Disney property.

-The bricks are being set in place for The Lego Movie 2. Screenwriter Jared Stern has been hired to draft the sequel, which his resume consists of a lot of bad films like The Watch and The Internship. No word yet on anyone else returning.

-The Transporter franchise is being rebooted for a new trilogy without star Jason Statham. And there goes any chance of it succeeding since The Transporter has always been a good cheesy film franchise primarily because of Statham.

-So much for taking a break. Leonardo DiCaprio has signed on to star in another movie with Jonah Hill. Bromance alert. This time they'll be in a film called "The Ballad of Richard Jewell" which is based on a true story about the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta and how a backpack bomb was located on sight by Jewell.

-The character "Vision" has been cast by Marvel for The Avengers: Age of Ultron. Starring in said role will be Paul Bettany who is already the voice of J.A.R.V.I.S. in the Marvel Cinemaverse. I swear if they make J.A.R.V.I.S. into Vision in the movies, I'll probably nerd out since it's kinda genius removing J.A.R.V.I.S. from Iron Man. It'll definitely make Iron Man less "egotistical" in my mind.

-Evangeline Lilly has signed on for an unspecified role in Marvel's Ant-Man film. Ant-Man is looking to be one hell of an awesome film with Edgar Wright directing and Paul Rudd starring as well as Michael Douglas.

-In Batman vs Superman news, Jesse Eisenberg is set to be Lex Luthor while Jeremy Irons is going to be Alfred. I seriously have no idea how I feel about any of these outside the box casting hires, but man I just don't give a fuck since I will be more than likely there on opening night.

-Captain America and Thor are set to get third movies which means more cross promotion for The Avengers 3.

-Channing Tatum is going to be Gambit for another X-Men origins film. My god Fox, you are really going to whore out the X-Men til we get sick of them, aren't ya?

-Seth Rogen revealed the voice cast of his R-rated animated comedy, Sausage Party, and it includes many of the same people. Sausage Party will be an animated adventure about a sausage trying to make his way across a supermarket during a 4th of July sale. Starring Seth Rogen, James Franco, Jonah Hill, Kristen Wiig, Michael Cera, Nick Kroll, David Krumholtz, and Edward Norton.

-Aardman Studios has announced the sixth film to be developed by them will be a feature film for Shaun the Sheep.

-M Night Shyamalan's working on his next film which will be a reunion with Bruce Willis and it's called Labor of Love. It will be about a man who walks from Philadelphia to across America to prove his love for a woman. I bet the vintage Shyamalan twist will be that the wife was dead all along because...why not? He's already reuniting with Bruce Willis again. Better rip off their infamous movie while they're at it.

-Kevin Hart and Ed Helms are starring in DreamWorks Captain Underpants film. I'm still on the fence about one of the worst books that I loved from my childhood is getting a movie.

-And finally, The Nut Job is getting a sequel. Thank you youth of America. Because we really needed a sequel to this. You guys are nuts.

The Nut Job's getting a sequel (or a SQUEAKUEL?) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I could tell the movie was bad.

First off:

1. They were playing GANGNAM STYLE in the commercial. A korean song about sex and dirty stuff? YOU KNOW, FOR KIDS!

2. There was a dog TWERKING.

Am i the only person who sees it as the next Chicken Little?

Edited by Eridan Ampora

Am i the only person who sees it as the next Chicken Little?

Yes, because that comparison makes no sense. Chicken Little was based off of a pre-existing story and isn't getting a sequel (and had kick-ass alien designs). The Nut Job looks and feels like an animation major's degree project.

I liked Chicken Little actually. :P

Also, Sausage Party sounds like a revision of This Is The End with the same cast and crew.

Lol how? The only actors who appeared in that that I mentioned above were Rogen, Franco, Hill, and Cera. They appear in each other's films a majority of the time. :P

Two Month Bump:

-Sony is planning a major movie franchise based around one of the most iconic toys of all time:

Mattel-B002MUANJE-3.jpg

From princess to president, mermaid to movie star, Barbie has done it all --through her more than 150 careers, she has gained valuable experiences and shown her fans that anything is possible for a modern woman. In her live-action big screen debut, Barbie will inhabit many of these roles, utilizing her personal and professional skills to inspire change in the lives of everyone around her.  Sony Pictures sees Barbie as "its next big, global franchise," with plans to go into production by the end of 2014

I see why Sony thinks this can be their next big global franchise, but they better execute this carefully because I can see this idea backfiring badly just as much as I can see it succeeding.

-Leonardo DiCaprio is apparently in talks to portray Steve Jobs in Danny Boyle's Steve Jobs biopic.  Even though we just got one of those nearly a year ago, I think it's easy to say that Leo is a better actor than Ashton Kutcher....wait a minute, what happened to your "long extended break from acting" Mr. DiCaprio?  Maybe I should listen to terminoob more often about actors taking breaks.

-Scarlett Johansson, Lupita N'yongo, and Idris Elba are just a few of the names attached to Disney's latest live action reimagining of an iconic animated film.  This time, The Jungle Book.  Johansson is voicing Kaa the Python, N'yongo as Rakcha the Wolf Mother, and Elba as Shere Khan the Tiger.  I mean with all these big names attached so far, you can definitely expect it to be better than this failed adaptation:

MV5BMTQ1MDQxNjcxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTEw

Right?

-Another trilogy is coming to an end with Sisterhood Everlasting.  You know the movies about the Traveling Pants?  I guess we needed another one since Blake Lively, America Ferrera, Amber Tamblyn, and Alexis Bledel have nothing else going for them right now career wise.

-In news that only Elastic and Sex would probably care about, 20th Century Fox is making a Flash Gordon movie.  As long as Sam Jones stars is the only way I'd go see it.

-Hey Teen Titan fans.  Cyborg is going to be in the Man of Steel sequel....you know the more I report on this sequel, the more I'm wondering what the hell are they doing with the sequel.  I mean Batman in it has me stoked...obviously.  Wonder Woman, you've got my curiosity.  Jesse Eisenberg being Lex Luthor...erm interesting casting choice...we'll see how that works.  Now Cyborg?  I hope this doesn't turn into a massive clusterfuck.   I seriously hope so.

-Disney is turning It's a Small World into a major motion picture....I don't see how this will work....at all.  Have a bunch of ethnic groups come together to overcome a common enemy perhaps?

-We are getting an animated film about Peeps.  I'm just going to let that sink in and see what other ideas hollywood producers can pull out of their own kitchen cupboard.

-The Divergent franchise is....do I even need to report what they are going to do with their final book?

A) Make it into a solo film

B) Split into two movies because Hollywood knows people are going to pay to see it anyway

C) OF COURSE THE ANSWER IS B, WHY WOULD ANYONE THINK OTHERWISE?

D) Both B and C

-James Bond #24 has casted Chiwetel Ejiofor as the villian.  Skyfall director Sam Mendes is returning as well as Daniel Craig as James Bond and Ralph Fiennes, Ben Whishaw, and Naomi Harris.

-Chewbacca is going to be in Star Wars Episode VII.

-And of course Mrs. Doubtfire 2 is actually happening...unless you want to count all those Tyler Perry Madea movies as sequels to Mrs. Doubtfire.  Man, I guess Robin Williams must really need money.  Badly. 

- Stoked for The Jungle Book, actually. Jon Favreau is attached and most everything he does is great.

- Stoked for the line-up for Batman/Superman, not stoked for the actual movie.

- Stoked for everything about the next Bond movie.