• 5/5 Stars: Amazing
    • 4/5 Stars: Good
    • 3/5 Stars: Okay
    • 2/5 Stars: Meh
    • 1/5 Stars: Trash

nickelodeon.pngspongebob-squarepants.png

#163 - "Mermaid Man Begins / Plankton's Good Eye"

Plots:

MermaidMan Begins: We learn the origin story of Mermaid Man and his sidekick Barnacle Boy.
Plankton's Good Eye: Plankton steals SpongeBob's DNA and grows a second eye which changes his personality.

Clips:
http://spongebob.nic...grade-clip.html
http://spongebob.nic...story-clip.html

Airs tonight at 8 PM. Discuss!

Mermaid Man Begins:

*If you guys haven't noticed by now, I am now giving the discussion threads a more professional look. If one of you decides to make a discussion thread, you don't have to follow this look.

* We'll pull through.

* This is another time we see SB and Pat watching a MM episode.

* The storm reminds me of Pineapple Fever.

* First time we've seen the Mermaliar in a while.

* I liked how Mermaid Man kept teasing them.

* Also, this is the first time we've seen animated humans in SpongeBob.

* Well, we learned how Mermaid Man was able to breathe underwater.

* I honestly can't tell whose story is right...

* At least we saw Man Ray in the past.

* Umm.....I don't know what to say....

* To be honest, I felt like this episode would have been better off as a special. It seemed like they were rushing things near the end. But I did get a laugh from the story with the ant.

Grade: B

Plankton's Good Eye:

* I'm afraid to ask why Mr. Krabs is chewing a pickle.

* Another disguise from Plankton...this time as a pickle.

* Plankton became a crab food.

* Plankton with all of the eyes reminded me of Eye Guy from Ben 10.

* And Plankton picks on SpongeBob...hooray.

* o.o Since when was SpongeBob his own fridge?

* I was kind of imagining his other eye to be like his original.

* So Plankton becomes good.

* Bubble Bass! It's been ages since he's returned, but he has a new voice.

* Surprise Surprise! Plankton loses his eye and goes back to being evil.

* Looks like Plankton had a small moment of triumph.

* Overall, these episodes were okay, but nothing spectacular.

Grade: B-

I absolutely loved both of these episodes! Don't ask me why, because I honestly don't know haha. The only thing is, I felt that the Mermaidman Begins episode was a bit rushed.

Overall: 4/5 Stars

P.S.: Did they get new writers????? o.o does Sean Charmatz and Marc Ceccarelli ring a bell to you guys? Or are they new...

I'll summarize my thoughts on these episodes.

Mermaid Man Begins: Although I missed the first minute or so, I saw most of this episode. It was okay, but it got kinda confusing. I did enjoy the "real" origin at the end, though. It did carry on for a while, however.

7.5/10

Plankton's Good Eye: Plankton gets another eye so he can find the combination to the--whoa! Bubble Bass! This episode gets a higher rating because they brought back a character who hasn't been seen since the first season of the show! Overall, this episode was pretty good, but Bubble Bass' return makes it even better.

8.5/10

Total rating: 8.0

Mermaid Man Begins

I thought this was a pretty cool episode! I kind of liked Mermaid Man's version better, and you're right, we've never seen animated humans on SB until this episode! The other version (real or not) was pretty funny for how exaggerated it is. The ending was meh, but yeah, the whole episode felt kinda rushed. I give it a B

Plankton's Good Eye

Before this episode aired, I was thinking how almost all major characters have had an episode in which either a freak accident or something attached to them makes them act opposite of their personalities (The Abrasive side, Patrick SmartPants, Breath of a Fresh Squidward, Born Again Krabs) So I suppose it was natural to have an episode in which Plankton acted nice..or like SpongeBob, or whatever. Him trying to get his extra eye was funny and yay, Bubble Bass! Didn't expect to see him, awesome. Overall, I thought this wasn't a bad episode. I give it a B+

Enjoyed both episodes a lot, enjoyed Mermaidman Begins more, though. It had me cracking up for some reason. xD And Plankton's Good Eye was funny, I especially liked where we got a glimpse of how SpongeBob sees things.

I REALLY wanna see this episode, based on what people have said. Both sound super interesting. Links? D:

Here you go. The quality isn't fantastic, but it isn't horrible either:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhId07zUsQY&feature=channel_video_title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCOyPrLhobM&feature=relmfu

MB: B+

PGE B+

Overall: A-

Mermaid Man Begins: This episode was really good. It had a lot of good jokes, and the plot was great. 8/10

Plankton's Good Eye: This one was also great, but weaker than the former. Nice to see Bubble Bass again, though. 7/10

LOLOLOLOL.

Solid B+ for both of them. I really liked MermaidMan Begins, probably the best Post-Movie episode in my opinion... just really nice and funny. I also liked seeing pop culture references in SB for the first time, as well as animated humans. Plankton's Good Eye was good, although not as good as the first.

I have to say, these two episodes have to be the best I've seen in season eight thus far! The "Mermaidman Begins" episode was very nice to watch, especially the part were MM and BB are seen as younger adults. It felt like I was watching a different cartoon! So much human interactions right there xD Loved it~! As for "Plankton's Good Eye"...hilarious! I'll just leave it at that ^^

Ratings for both episodes: A-