How Would You Rate Them?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How Would You Rate Them?

• 5/5 Stars: Amazing
    • 4/5 Stars: Good
    • 3/5 Stars: Okay
    • 2/5 Stars: Meh
    • 1/5 Stars: Trash

I thought both episodes were great. I thought both the flashbacks were weird in Mermaid Man Begins, but the last flashback with their true origins really took the cake that it so hilarious.

And I'm surprised no one's pointed this out yet...Barnacle Boy's real name is "Tim" (after his actor) but what about his name being "Kyle" in MM&BBV?

Plankton's Good Eye was the best episode for me out of two. It was cool to see everything the way SpongeBob sees it, and I was completely surprised to see Bubble Bass return. It made the episode better for me.

Mermaid Man Begins: A real gem in the late post movie world, it reminded me of Friend or Foe on how informational it was. I also felt fully engaged (shocker) throughout the whole episode. I mean, when do we ever get to see an animated version of the humans on land? That alone catches my attention. Their real story really captured the "so ridiculous and out there" SB humor that it made me smile. I still think that Kyle is Tim's middle name or something only Mermaid Man calls him. That would at least make sense. I'm also glad this episode didn't turn out to be another Squidward drag along.

9.4/10

Plankton's Good Eye I'll have to review some time later.

When I watched "Mermaid Man Begins", I thought that the writers were going out of their way to make the most over the top origins story for a superhero ever, almost CHALLENGING anyone else to try to top that! I felt like it worked very well for the humor of the show. And the only thing I will say about "Plankton's Good Eye", is that Bubble Bass needed WAY more appearances in the Post-Movie era, instead of just this one episode that he DID appear in. At least the Post-Sequel movies aren't making the same mistake. Enough said, true believers!