• Advertisement

061a. Fear of a Krabby Patty

70s

Fear of a Krabby Patty, the first episode after the movie. The look of SpongeBob seemed to be the look of the movie, I didn't really like the look, but I found the episode to be funny in some parts. I enjoyed Plankton getting crushed by the piano a couple times. xD

Woops, I give it 6/10.

This episode was great, darn it. It was the perfect way to transition the show, and I wish every post-movie ep was like it. 10/10

I always thought the transition of every post-episodes show, should of been like Have You Seen This Snail? I thought that was great, also.

Definitely a great episode. Gave me lots of hope for the future of Spongebob after it aired, and... well... you know the aftermath. Has the best season 4 can offer in terms of writing and animation.

I find this episode to be so-so. I mean, it's not particularly bad, but it isn't very good either. Nothing spectacular really leaped out at me. However, I will say that the shift in episode pace and humour did aggravate me quite a bit. Another aspect of this episode that got on my nerves (and was carried over from the movie) was the change in pitch of SpongeBob's voice. Honestly, I have absolutely NO idea why Tom Kenny decided to alter it -- it was perfect the way it was during the pre-movie era (at least for the most part -- it began to fluctuate slightly in later episodes of Season Three). 

On the plus side, the animation was rather good... although there were a few instances in which characters looked radically different; a prime example being the ending -- Mr Krabs looked incredibly different and more rotund than he did earlier in the episode. I suspect it was just tiredness on the animators' part. But again, for the most part, the animation was fluid. I found the characters' facial expressions and movements to be particularly interesting, although some could have used a bit of work. I rate this episode a 6/10. 

Additionally, this was the second episode in the UK to be plagued by the dreaded 'PAL speedup' phenomenon; the first to be affected was a Season Two episode... although I can't remember the exact title of it, nor the plot. This is extremely noticeable, as the opening and ending theme tunes are higher-pitched, as well as some of the characters' voices. This unfortunately means that SpongeBob's already high-pitched voice present in the US broadcast is ACCENTUATED in the UK one. I also have no idea why Nick UK thought it was a good idea to change the NTSC to PAL conversion method -- the one they used for Seasons 1-3 episodes (barring one, as I said moments ago) was just fine.

• God Himself 1

Actually a good episode to start a bad season, but I dislike the idea of how Mr Krabs force SpongeBob and Squidward to work 24 hour, it's the beginning of his flanderization I think.

I always loved watching the episodes of this show when I was a little kid but I was kinda tired of watching old episodes in these days and I really wanted to see a new episode. Later this episode aired in my country on the first day of 2006. I thought this episode was very good but I thought SpongeBob changed a little. Some people said SpongeBob went downhill after season 4 but I disagree. I really love season 4 a lot and I didn't think SpongeBob went downhill until I see season 5. Anyway, I love this episode so much but It's not one of my favorite season 4 episode. There were some flaws in this episode. This episode is similar to Graveyard Shift, which is one of my favorite episodes, Mr. Krabs was greedy in this episode and I thought the ending wasn't good but I still think this episode funny. Many parts made me laugh like SpongeBob pinching himself, Mr. Krabs thinking Plankton was a spider, Old Man Jenkins' cameo, SpongeBob seeing everyone as giant krabby patties, SpongeBob screaming at a costumer and then the women saying " I told you that shirt was hideous." and the piano scenes (the best parts in this episode). I love this episode and I think people should give this episode another chance. I rate this episode 9/10.

This episode is great! I like this part most:

Plankton: I've laid out some words on cards here. These words are common kitchen ingredients. I want you to arrange them in any order you choose. It could be a poem or a secret formula. I don't know... Oh, yes! A secret formula. Good, let's do that.

SpongeBob: Um, you're making me nervous.

Plankton: Oh, okay. (Walks to and sits on his chair) I'll be over here, then.

SpongeBob: I'm finished! (Plankton gets up and walks to SpongeBob.) I've arranged them into a piano. (The piano falls on Plankton.)

This Season 4 episode felt more like a holdover from Season 3. It had non-stop hilarity, wacky visuals, and a creative storyline that didn't leave me bored for a second. It starts out with Mr. Krabs, upon seeing that the Chum Bucket is now open for 23 hours, staving off the nonexistent competition by opening his own restuarant for 24 hours. This excites SpongeBob to no end, and Plankton, noticing the excitement, sends out an anonymous order of 10,000 Krabby Patties to crush the yellow guy's spirit. It works, and SpongeBob ends up in the office of Dr. P Lankton in search of a cure to his hallucinations of killer sandwiches. Though Plankton tries to extract the formula from SpongeBob's fragile mind, the only thing he ends up getting is bruises from being smashed by heavy instruments. (Wait, how does SpongeBob pick up the piano so easily here when he can't even lift a straw in MuscleBob BuffPants? Must be the lack of continuity again.) As a last resort, Plankton hypnotizes SpongeBob, and under his hypnosis, he has a conversation with a talking burger that cures him of his paranoia. The end. Bring out the dancing lobsters.

Like I said at the beginning of the review, FOAKB had all the qualities of your average season three episode with about five times the randomness. This will always be known as the episode that started the "post-movie" era, but if the rest of the era followed this episode's example, we'd have much fewer people complaining about it, imo.

This Season 4 episode felt more like a holdover from Season 3. It had non-stop hilarity, wacky visuals, and a creative storyline that didn't leave me bored for a second. It starts out with Mr. Krabs, upon seeing that the Chum Bucket is now open for 23 hours, staving off the nonexistent competition by opening his own restuarant for 24 hours. This excites SpongeBob to no end, and Plankton, noticing the excitement, sends out an anonymous order of 10,000 Krabby Patties to crush the yellow guy's spirit. It works, and SpongeBob ends up in the office of Dr. P Lankton in search of a cure to his hallucinations of killer sandwiches. Though Plankton tries to extract the formula from SpongeBob's fragile mind, the only thing he ends up getting is bruises from being smashed by heavy instruments. (Wait, how does SpongeBob pick up the piano so easily here when he can't even lift a straw in MuscleBob BuffPants? Must be the lack of continuity again.) As a last resort, Plankton hypnotizes SpongeBob, and under his hypnosis, he has a conversation with a talking burger that cures him of his paranoia. The end. Bring out the dancing lobsters.

Like I said at the beginning of the review, FOAKB had all the qualities of your average season three episode with about five times the randomness. This will always be known as the episode that started the "post-movie" era, but if the rest of the era followed this episode's example, we'd have much fewer people complaining about it, imo.

I think i read in an article that this episode was written before the movie. But i may be wrong.