• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Best Episodes Ever 2016 Edition!

Well jjs said that I could do this if Wumbo wasn't able to when I asked. So why not, otherwise there wouldn't be a list this year, and I gotta do something with free time :p.

Anyways, welcome to The SpongeBob Community's ever-popular, now-annual fan list of all of our favorite episodes! That's a mouthful... but don't you worry, anyone on the site can join! I'm not sure if the general consensus has changed since last year, although with some really well-liked episodes coming out recently, alongside new members and possible changes, this still may be entertaining as that's always welcome. Rules are the same as last time--simply send me, @More, via Private Message, a list of what you believe to be the twenty-five best episodes of SpongeBob. Your number twenty-five will receive one vote, and your number one will receive 25. The placement will be determined by the total amount of points an episode gets.

Don't worry if you can't think of them off the bat, heck I can't do that, so I'm giving you the rest of the month. I will also allow you to voluntarily send commentary on episodes that were on your list. Hopefully we can get better participation than past lists. I may even get some SBM'ers involved, unless that's a terrible idea.

tl;dr, SEND your TWENTY-FIVE FAVORITE episodes to ME in ORDER! No more or less.  (You MUST TELL ME if you make changes) The due date is SUNDAY, JULY THIRD, @10:00pm EST.

VOTING CLOSED! THE LIST IS FINISHED! Read it if you will.

Let the countdown begin!

• Like 5

Alright! Just in the first day I've got seven lists from:

Myself

Trophy

Honest Slug

Wumbo

crushingmayhem

Fa

SOF

Let's keep that up. The list I got already surprised me in how much variety there was. Heck, not a single episode made every list. I'm not sure if that's good or bad... but at this point even a mention on your list could drastically change an episode's placement. Don't be shy.

Okay then, second week in and I've got eleven lists from:

@More

@Bodacious T

@Honest Slug

@Wumbo

@crushingmayhem

@Brady Corduroy

@SpongeOddFan

@4EverGreen

@The Guy With the Computer

@Fred Rechid

@jjsthekid

This turnout isn't as good as it was past lists. All you I mentioned definitely good, but it could do better. Still have a week left. :)

• Like 3

IMPORTANT CHANGE: I'm extending the due date to SUNDAY, JULY THIRD, at 10:00pm. This is FINAL. Should give plenty of time to finish up. :) And... still lagging at 14 lists right now.

More

Trophy

Honest Slug

Wumbo

crushingmayhem

Fa

SpongeOddFan

4EverGreen

The Guy with the Computer

Fred Rechid

jjsthekid

Hayden

@ichirothedirector

@K.I.D

I've definitely warmed up to PotJ over the years. It's akin to my gradual appreciation for Procrastination, in that it's a weird trip of an episode that maybe doesn't make too much logical sense, but is fun to watch all the same.

Squid on Strike isn't one of my favorites but it's one of those episodes that Mr. Krabs is a bit flanderized but really works well here cuz they added jokes into it and the plot was creative unlike SpongeBob, You're Fired, which used Mr. Krabs' greed in a really dumb way. The ebding of Squid on Strike pissed me off at first but looking at back, it's so over the top i can let it slide and the show has no continuty after all, do they won't be working forever. Plus it's funny.

I didn't put Planet of the Jellyfish on my list this time due to me finding there sre better episodes out there but i still appericiate it and find it one of the greatest season 8 eppies.

I very much like Squid on Strike since I found the ending to be hilarious. But it was one of those episodes that involves the Krusty Krab and normal stuff happen in it. While it seemed like a new idea to have Spongebob and Squidward fired and go on a strike I feel like the writers should've made the episode more interesting instead of leaving the characters on the same spot for most of the episode. In general, it could've been much more but either way I appreciate the way the episode was written and I enjoy its humor quite a bit, especially the signs Spongebob made.