• Advertisement

Down Under Season 2: Red and Black

Ron

(S1E7) Episode 7: Become Alive

Blood trickled down Wumbology's arm. His wound was worse than Deli and him had expected. It was bleeding drastically now. They knew Bob Ball was a doctor, but they didn't know where anyone was.

(theme plays)

"We have to get out," Ex said, breathing heavily. "I can't fucking breath."

"It's going to be alright, Ex," replied 70s, who was leaning against the wall for support.

"How can you say that?" whispered Ex. "LOOK AROUND YOU! THAT'S A BUNCH OF DIRT!! How can we get out?"

70s didn't reply. He just stared at the floor. "We'll dig our way out."

"What?!" said Ex in disbelief. "With WHAT?"

"Our hands," he said. 70s then dropped to his knees and started to claw at the dirt. "Are you going to help or not?"

"Uggh," moaned Ex, before dropping down beside 70s and clawing.

-------

4EverGreen and Goosebumpsfan walked along the maze hallway, looking around. They hadn't heard from anyone since they'd separated from the group.

"Let's turn this way," suggested Goosebumpsfan.

"Alright." They turned and gasped. There was a swirling vortex hovering above a lady in a latex suit. She turned and around.

"Who are you?" she shouted.

"Um...ummm," stuttered Goosey.

"SPIT IT OUT!"

"We're from the real world!" said 4Ever. "We were sucked in through our computers by....by something that looked like that." He gestured to the vortex.

"This vortex is different," said the woman.

"How do you know? You don't even know what OUR vortex looked like," challenged 4Ever."

Everything then spun.

"Whoa," said Goosey.

"Who are you?" the woman shouted.

"Umm...," said 4Ever. "We just told you."

"YOU DID NOT!"

"We're from the real world!" repeated 4Ever. "Sucked in by a vortex like that!" He once again indicated the hovering vortex.

"This vortex is different," said the woman.

"You already said that...," said 4Ever.

Everything spun again.

"Who are you?" the woman shouted.

"Oh my god," breathed 4EverGreen. "We're in a time loop."

-------

"Come out, come out, wherever you are!" The menacing voice of The Admiral sliced through the cold air. He held his same knife, which still had Wumbology's blood. He walked through the halls of his labyrinth in his Scream-like costume. He turned around a corner and smiled. Deli and Wumbology sat huddle together, unaware of The Admiral in the shadows. He walked towards them, becoming transparent.

"Hello," he rasped. Wumbology looked up. He couldn't see him, of course. The Admiral raised his also transparent knife and plunged it into Wumbology's arm. He howled in pain as blood gushed out. Deli yanked him away, causing the knife to slide down to his hand.

"COME ON!" Deli screamed. They dashed away from the thing that had stabbed Wumbology.

--------

We see a man digging a shallow grave in a graveyard. A full, bright moon blazes down onto the graveyard. The body of a woman lay beside the grave, which is gradually getting deeper and deeper. The man digging stops and sighs, placing his hands on his hips. He thinks for a second before he kicks the body of the woman into the hole. The man then fills the whole back in with dirt. Just as he finishes, police sirens sound. He runs, his shovel still in hand. He is about to head out the gate when another man pops out from behind a gravestone.

"HEY!" the new man roars. "DROP IT!" There is a sharp PING as the man smacks the opposing man in the forehead. The new man drops down on the ground, a slow trickle of blood bleeding out. The man continues on, sprinting out. He exits and looks both ways, deciding which direction he should go. He sees the distant light of police lights and decides to go left, the opposite of where the police are. The man runs and runs, before he slows down. He pants.

"Hello Jake," a voice rumbles from the shadows. The man, identified as Jake, perks up. He looks around, searching for the source of the voice. A figure steps out from the shadows. "I've been waiting."

It is Ginger Jackson. There is a small CLICK as Ginger loads her gun. She then holds it up and fires. But Jake is already running. He dives behind a trashcan as a bullet streaks past his head.

"YOU'LL NEVER GET ME, JACKSON!" screams Jake. He then pulls out a derringer and fires at Ginger. When he hears no THUMP from the body dropping, he peers over the trashcan and sees Ginger has disappeared.

-----

"Percy?" the voice crackled over the radio. "Percy, are you there? Over."

"Yes, over," a voice whispered back.

"Alright, Whaleblubber is still in our D-Block. Mastermind has kept him there. You can breach the system and I'll break him out and take him to you. Over," said Cadet Jerry Sandoval.

"Good, over," said Percy.

-----

Son of a bitch.

The Mastermind sat in front of a row of monitors, observing his previously best cadet, Jerry Sandoval, divulging confidential information to an outsider.

"You'll pay, Jerry," muttered The Mastermind. He picked up a gun and slipped it into his pocket. He headed over to the D-Block Surveillance Tower where Jerry was.

------

I'm doing well, thought Sandoval. He stood in the D-Block Surveillance Tower, overlooking the empty cells....except Cell A2. The cell that housed the infamous Whaleblubber. Percy will be very pleased, Sandoval thought, very proud of his accomplishment. An abrupt noise made Sandoval clutch his gun. He eyed the doorway when he made an odd discovery. A puny black ball was above the doorway entrance. It blended in with the black tile, but it now had a little beeping red dot. He's watching me! Sandoval got up and ran to the doorway. He slammed his fist on the LOCKDOWN button.

"D-BLOCK LOCKDOWN," a robotic voice announced. "5...4....3....2...1." All the computer monitors in the room went dead. The flashing red dot on the camera stopped. The lights went out. Luckily, light from the windows still filtered in. Sandoval breathed a heavy sigh of relief. But he still held his gun.

------

Outside D-Block, The Mastermind pounded on the door. The keypad outside D-Block was dead. It usually was lit up. Fucking Sandoval. He slammed his fist down on the dead keypad and rested his head on the metal door in surrender. No. I'm the fucking Mastermind. I always have a trick up my sleeve. The Mastermind looked up at the door and had an epiphany.

"Sandoval," he said. "I know you can here me."

Inside, Sandoval got up and pointed the gun at the metal door.

Outside, The Mastermind slid to the edge of the balcony that the D-Block Surveillance Tower was on. The structure was a bulky, roundish pod that hung over D-Block. It had four windows, but they weren't accessible by the entrance balcony. He would have to climb.

----

The ramming had subsided. Maybe he gave up? Sandoval lowered his gun and sat down again. Just as his ass met the cushiony seat, bullets from a machine gun blasted through the four windows from the D-Block ST. Shards of glass exploded from the frame and spiraled to the ground. Sandoval ran for cover. He dove behind a waste basket just as a grenade flew in. Oh shit. Sandoval was suddenly angry at himself for putting D-Block in a lockdown. It'll take at least four minutes to get everything back online. The grenade will go off by then. Sandoval jumped out of the window to the D-Block floor below.

----

The Mastermind had decided against climbing. Too risky. He'd gone to the Falcon's Perch, which only five people knew about, excluding Sandoval. It was made with a special type of glass that made it blend in with the tiles around it. The Mastermind had sneaked up, silently slid open the window, and fired. After he'd shattered the windows, he slammed the window shut. He was going to observe Sandoval. What he didn't expect was Sandoval jumping the six stories to the D-Block floor. Surely he was dead?

----

"70s," groaned Ex. The two had been digging for an hour and a half. "This is no fucking use, man!"

"Ex," replied 70s. "Do you want to survive?"

"No shit."

"Then shut the hell up and dig." They had made little progress, but the air was better. That signaled they wouldn't suffocate if they kept digging.

----

The vortex hovering above the woman grew bigger.

"4Ever...," said Goosey. "What the hell do we do?" Lighting suddenly struck the ground from the vortex.

"Run," he said. "Run." The two took off when something odd occurred. A Mercedes Benz suddenly drove out from behind a wall and stopped in front of them.

"Sweet!" said Goosey.

"Get in!" 4Ever glanced behind him at the enormous vortex. He got in and floored it. They sped back towards the vortex, sped past it, and a few minutes later they were entirely away from it.

"Alright," Goosey said, breathing a sigh of relief. "Slow down." They slowed down and looked around.

"Where are we?" asked 4EverGreen.

"I dunno. Hold on, I'm going to survey the area." Goosey got out and started to walk away. He turned a corner. 4EverGreen was alone. He waited. And waited. And waited.

"Where the hell is he?" 4EverGreen said to himself. He was just about to get out of the car when blood splattered over the window. 4Ever froze. What was that?! He then shifted the car out of Neutral and drove down the maze. It was quiet. Where the hell did that blood come from? The car slowly gained speed before an enormous explosion rocked the floor. The rocky hatch floor suddenly lifted up, crumpling from the underground explosion. 4EverGreen floored the pedal. He was barely making it. The crumbling floor was just behind him. He turned a sharp corner and rammed into a wall. But he kept going. Another explosion came from his left, knocking down several maze walls. He turned right and crashed straight into The Admiral. The weight of his body shattered his window.

"HELLO 4EVERBITCH!" The Admiral screamed in a psychotic voice. He shot 4EverGreen five times and the car stopped. The crumpling road stopped behind the car, a hazy mushroom cloud engulfing the car. It was a gruesome scene. A smashed up Mercedes Benz, a dead 4EverGreen, blood splattered over the window, glass shards everywhere, and an enormous hole in the ground. The Admiral smiled and walked off.

----

"70s!" Ex screeched. "I think we've made it!" They dug furiously when light broke through. The metal door hung on hinges. The outside tunnel was torn apart. But it hadn't caved in like the previous room.

"Thank god," said 70s. "Alright. Let's go." They walked off and spotted the place where they'd entered. They hauled themselves up and sighed in relief. They'd escaped.

----

Reviews appreciated. 630566.gif

Why was my character killed off? I haven't even done anything here for a while because I've been so busy with my real life! 915955.png

It's not personal, 4EverGreen. 428899.gif I was just bored and felt like writing a death scene. That scene actually wasn't meant to be here. I wrote it, and thought, "Meh...." So I substituted it with a different scene, but that theme didn't fit at all. So I just put that scene back in. xD