• Advertisement

Down Under Season 2: Red and Black

Ron

(S2E3) Episode 23: Setup 

Everything had to be perfect. Everything. Down to the inch. He would kill her if something went wrong. 

Debra Childs walked rigidly down the sidewalk of the busy Whittier Boulevard in Paolini, California. Paolini was a thriving landmark of a city along the coast. It was settled between San Diego and Los Angeles, centered right in the middle of the two. While not as large as San Diego or LA, it still boasted a population of three million in the relatively small area. Jalopies bustled by, sputtering. Sports cars flew by seamlessly. A few joggers went by, but other than that it was silent. 

The Whitwood Shopping Plaza consisted of the Capital Source bank, a Dunkin Donuts, and a dilapidated “Great Reads” bookstore. The Capital Source bank towering against Whittier Boulevard at a staggering seven stories, which was tall for the suburban city. As Debra walked down the sidewalk, she gazed up at the bank. 

Perfect. Everything WILL go perfectly, she thought to herself, and turned down the sidewalk. She was now on the other side of the building. Another turn and she would find herself in front of the glass doors that led into the bank. 

That turn came. Sure enough, a blond woman was opening up the front doors at exactly 7:00 AM, just as her mentor had promised. Stealthily, like she wasn’t even there, she pulled a handgun from her coat pocket and placed it behind her back. The blond noticed her and grinned a tired smile. 

“Hi, welcome to Capital Source! If you’ll take---” 

“Get in!” Debra screamed at her. She whipped out her gun and jammed it into her skull. The intern screamed in pain and instinctively raised both of her arms. 

Going well so far, Debra thought timidly. The floor inside the lobby was a green marble, and a trio of columns supported the vaulted, white ceiling. There were two rows of desks on one side of the bank, an elevator in the corner, and then a long wooden counter on the opposing side. Debra nodded and then twirled the frightened intern around. 

“Please don’t do anything! I have a family, and I need to--” 

“Shut the fuck up!” Debra bellowed in her face. “I don’t wanna hear your goddamn life story!” 

“Sorry, I’m sorry!” the woman bawled. Streams of clear tears rolled down her pink cheeks. 

“Take me to the vault.” 

“I don’t know the combination! I swear! I swear! I swear to God, please, oh God, I dunno it!” She was not shaking her head vigorously against her sweaty hand that held the woman. 

“SHUT UP!” Debra smacked the metal barrel of the gun across her face and her nose began to bleed. “TAKE ME TO THE VAULT RIGHT FUCKING NOW OR I’LL BLOW YOUR HEAD YOUR HEAD TO SHIT!” 

“Okay, okay! I’m sorry! Please don’t kill me!” She began to walked behind the counter. 

“And don’t try any of that button-under-the-table shit!” 

Word by word, just like he told me to do! Debra thought. The woman disappeared into a hallway and she snapped back into her senses. She jogged after her and then did a quick scan for a button underneath the counter. There wasn’t one. She followed the intern down the hallway. It dumped out into a large room with a small door, maybe seven feet high. It was narrow, with a circular panel that resembled an old fashioned steering wheel for a ship. 

The intern now turned to face Debra. 

“I told you, I don’t know the combination!” Her tears had dried, but her swollen cheeks were greeted with a new onslaught of the watery rivers. 

“Fine,” Debra rasped and then shot the blondie three times in the chest. She stepped back, shocked, before blood began to gurgled out of her mouth and wounds and she toppled over. 

He planned for this, she nodded reassuringly and kneeled down. She stripped herself of her coat; explosives were wrapped around on the inside. Debra set them up accordingly and then lit a match. She took a breath, rolled her neck around, and then held the flame up to the little thread protruding from the explosives. 

Debra ran from the room, as a blasting sound vibrated the building. She cautiously peered out from the hallway and saw the metallic door laying in it’s frame. Smoke wafted around it. 

Good. Now go inside... 

She stepped over the limp door and stepped into the small, musty room. She exhaled, realizing she was in one of the most secretive vaults in the world. And to think it was kept in a simple, suburban city. On one of the shelves was a tiny box. She picked it up and lifted the lid. Sitting inside was a tiny version of The Admiral. 

(theme song plays) 

“What the fuck do you want?” They were in Crete, the island off the coast of Greece. The Mastermind, Bob Ball, and Redman were gathered around him. They’d crafted a camp in the middle of the jungle. Secrecy was their number one priority. A mini Admiral stood in front of them, chugging his hands around. After disappearing, he’d been shrunken down to a fun size by an (he claimed) sea witch. 

“We’d like you on our side,” The Mastermind began. “Alright?” 

“Alright my ass,” The Admiral spat. “Get me back to my fucking regular size and then we’ll talk.” 

“Redman, can---” 

There was a flash of light (red light) and The Admiral was standing before them at his regular size. 

“Damn, was this how big I really was?” He got used to everything and then refocused his attention on them. “Alright bitches, what do ya want?” 

“It’s simple, really,” Redman said, and grinned. The grin was quick; there one second and gone the next. His face was stone now. “Join our side.” 

What side?” the drunken fish replied. He moved his hat from the right side to the left side for no apparent reason. “Sides for what? We be playin’ fishball or what?” 

“A war is brewing,” said The Mastermind and he smiled a devilish smile. “And we’d like you on our side.” 

The father of two stared at them, one eye opened and the other with an eyelid hanging lazily over the pupil, exposing only white. He had a frightening demeanor. 

“Aight,” he muttered. “You guys got any whiskey? This whole world I’ve been put in his fucked up. Like a story, I swear.” 

“No. We need to talk strategy,” said Redman, smacked his hand on The Admiral’s back and walked behind him to a whiteboard shaded in dark. He flicked a switch and the room was illuminated, besides the dim lightbulb that had hung over the four. 

“Before we talk dis shit, canya at leassssssssssst tell me what we’re fightin’ for?” His words ran after one another, crashing into each other. He spoke in a lull and wasn’t very interesting. Drunken, yet sleepy and tired. Maybe that’s what happened when you had a tiny body for so long. 

“Well, several things, and we---” 

“SEVERAL THINGS?! Holeh shit, I didn’t know we waz fighting for SEVERAL things.” 

“Yes, Devon, and we---,” said Redman. 

“It’s DARREN!” 

“Fine, Darren, we just---” 

“Wait, what we talkin bout?” 

----

(“Keeps Getting Better” by Christina Aguilera plays http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDXWxQx4j9E) 

Ginger, no longer dirty, strutted down a dark hallway in a white Latex suit. White wasn’t her color, she preferred black, but she was going for a new look. She’d made a compromise; she flaunted new sleek, glossy black hair while her suit was a cream color with thin high heels that had a gray hue to them. She walked into an office, where a man sat behind a desk. 

“Oh... Ginger!” he said. “Hi!” 

“Hello Phil,” she smirked. 

“Please, take a seat!” he said kindly enough. Phil gestured to stained satin seats in front of his desk. 

“God dammit, Phil!” she said and rested her hands on her hips. “Why do you always have to be so polite?” She sighed frustratedly and looked down. 

“Oh... um... I’m sorry?” 

“Where is it?” 

“Where’s what?” 

“You fucking know WHAT,” she spat. “Give it to me,” and she extended an ungloved hand.

“I REALLY have no clue what you’re talking about, Ginger, really,” he said. Phil began to perspire and reached across his desk for tissues. 

“No,” said Ginger and kicked the desk. It slid a few inches closer to the man behind it. “Give me it, Phil. Really, I don’t want to hurt you.” 

He laughed out loud. “HA! You? Hurt m--” 

There was a pop and blood shot out of his chest like a geyser. It splattered all over Ginger. 

“Aww,” she said and tilted her head. “How sad, right?” 

“It’s... in---” he began and then pointed to the closet to the left of the room. The room was getting doused in blood. It was everywhere. As Ginger’s heels clacked over to the closet, Phil died and the spout of red blood ceased. Ginger sighed in pleasure as she gazed on at an enormous computer server labeled “Graveyard.” One single button was on the circular panel with a plastic piece of tape marked, “SHUT OFF.” 

“I... will save that for later,” she mumbled. “What do you think, Phil? I’m a bitch, right?” 

His lifeless, glazed eyes stared on at her. She bent over and jammed one of her black fingernails into the pupil. 

(“Keeps Getting Better” ends) 

----

“So... um,” ExKizuna said as they sat around a fire on the same beach. “What’s next?” 

“I dunno,” terminoob mumbled as he wrote a name (Kristy) in the sand with his foot. 

“It feels awesome to be back in human form, though,” Jelly grinned. “Am I right?” 

Everybody mumbled in agreement. 

“I’m so confused,” Webizoid muttered. 

“If you still are mind-warped, here’s the simplest explanation I can give you: anything can happen,” said Wumbology. Webzioid looked at him with unsatisfied eyes but still nodded. 

They all sat in an awkward silence around the crackling fire, which seemed to be mocking them. There was the sound of sand crumpling and they all looked up hopefully and saw 70s walking up. 

“Hey,” he said, and pressed his hands against his pants. He examined the large group and saw Jacob, Zoey, and Greg sitting in the back. “You three. I um... can I see your backpacks?” 

He didn’t know why, but he didn’t trust them, and what had just happened hinted to check their backpacks. It was a voice in his head, and whether it was an evil entity or a good one, he didn’t care. Jacob and Zoey each handed over their Jansport backpacks and 70s zipped them open. 

“Holy shit,” he mumbled and dropped them. The entire group gasped as an enormous, smoothed golden stone and a goblet filled with frozen ice toppled out. “What the fuck is this?!” 

“I dunno!” Zoey exclaimed, jumping to her feet. 

“You two are freaks!” Greg said. He waved his hands around in a ‘I’m so done with you’ kind of way. 

Stinkoman bent down and picked up the goblet. He brushed off some of the flakes of ice along the rim and examined it. 

“Can you tell what it is?” called terminoob. 

“Nope,” he replied. “There’s blood on it though.” He showed them another side of it and sure enough, there was a blood stain on the side. Dark brown and murky, the goblet was creepy. 

“What’s the ice doing in there?” 

“I don’t know, why don’t you ask the cup?” Stinkoman snapped and dropped it. 

As people continued to ask questions, 70s stared at the cup and gem with horror. He flashed back to what the Redman had said. 

... They are currently pursuing both The Philosopher’s Stone and The Holy Grail, and they have reason to believe that it’s in your camp. 

70s remembered the pictures now and it fit together. It fit together! The pictures had been of THEM, but now that he looked back on it, Zoey had been in all of them. The space ship... a space ship had visited him. 

It made sense. They were the unwanted presence. They hadn’t hurt 70s. Yet. 

...my sensors are picking up an unwanted presence! 

Boo. 

Dammit, why must you always try to answer them? 

They’d encountered other fish before...

~~~

Ginger gasped as she left the building. 

What was that?! 

She’d been on the pill after visiting her parents briefly, realizing she might be pregnant. Her parents had been angry with her and she had quickly ventured back into The Graveyard.

“Oh sha--- shit,” she said and threw up right on the sidewalk. Ginger hadn’t taken the pill in a few weeks. Was that enough time? 

~~~

It had been tipsy topsy. First he was dead, then he was back alive, then dead, then alive. Spongebob was determined to stay alive, because having that many resurrections performed on the same body took a toll. 

“It’s fine,” Kyle muttered, sitting in a corner. “We’ll trap them next time.” The two had been caused the internet group great trouble. They’d trapped them under a dome, collapsed the hospital they’d taken refuge in, and killed one or two members.

“All our plans have failed,” Spongebob muttered. He shook his head. “Complete bull, I swear.” 

“No, SB, this next thing’ll surprise EVERYBODY.” 

~~~

(“Liar Liar” by Christina Grimmie plays http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPM5dhwHw6o)

“70s, I don’t understand,” Cartoon said. 

“You SHOULD!” 70s was frantically packing up. 

“Are you going to explain, or am I somehow going to understand what you’re talking about?” 

“The people showing up at camp, the aliens, the pictures The Mastermind showed me. Doesn’t it make sense to you?” 

“I thought we debunked the alien thing was just you sleep walking,” terminoob murmured. 

“We can’t trust Daniel, 70s,” tvguy said. 

“He kidnapped you for Christ’s sake!” Ex cried.

“Aren’t the cup and stone enough for you?!” 

“How do we know they’re REAL, dude?” 

“Jesus, didn’t think I’d have to explain this.” 70s straightened up. “We can trust him because everything fits together. We--” 

“You have to tell us why, 70s,” Jelly said. 

“I FUCKING AM, JELLY, IF YOU GUYS JUST LISTENED FOR ONCE!” Silence fell over them. He shut his eyes. “I’m sorry. But the pieces just add up. The messages that have been left by the Seven Deadly Sins. That’s what Daniel said. He also said that they knew the goblet and stone were in the camp, and look, Zoey and Jacob. I also heard a voice in my head to look in the backpack. I dunno what it is, but something’s looking over us. I know I’m not the only one who hears the voices. Wumbo’s heard ‘em too.” 

Wumbo glared 70s. 

“So um... why are we leaving?” asked Ex. 

“Because they’re coming!” 70s exited the tent and out to the newly made camp. Everybody had just finished settling in, and 70s knew they’d be angered at having to move all over again. 

“Guys!” he said. They all looked up in unison. “That was... weird. Anyway, we need to leave. Can you guys pack up?” 

A few laughed. 

“We just got here,” Pixie and Deli said. 

“We need to leave. I’m sorry for the inconvenience. I’ll explain on the way.” 

“Way to where? Where the hell are we going to go?” They’d explored the city the previous night, and it’d been a fake. No humans, just them, so they’d stayed on the beach because they had beds and it was cooler near the ocean. 

70s thought for a moment. 

“Please, guys, just pack up.” 

~~~

High above the ocean on Level 2 of The Graveyard flew The Admiral, Bob Ball, and Redman. 

In a private jet flew the Doodles, Doodlebob, Percy, and Jonathan. 

Aboard a small fishing boat sat Spongebob and Kyle, back to back, both rowing. 

70s and the group head into the fake city. 

Ginger stumbles around, glad that she has the information she needs, but also very scared. 

The Seven Deadly Sins plunge into the Graveyard after receiving information from Ginger. 

Tune in to the movie event of the summer

Down Under 

Worlds Apart 

Coming soon...

This movie is rated PG-13 for coarse language, violence, and suggestive dialogue.