• Advertisement

Rest in Peace David Bowie

Clappy

Legendary rock artist David Bowie passed away after losing an eighteen month battle with cancer yesterday.

Words cannot describe how shocked I am right now.  Waking up in the middle of the night to find this out got to me more so than any recent celebrity death.  My parents are huge fans of his with me inheriting his fandom through them when I first started listening to music.  This surprised me since he just released his new one this past week that I was honestly in the process of downloading yesterday.  Bowie just took creativity and absolutely wrung it by the neck with nearly every album he has ever released.  He is one of the few artists to me that redefined what it means to be a visionary.  Heck he was even Lord Royal Highness in Atlantis SquarePantis and while I'm still disappointed to this day that he was the only one who didn't get a musical number in that special, he still came out as the coolest thing about that episode.

Rest in Peace Ziggy Stardust.  Keep jamming good with Weird and Nilly in the great castle in the sky.

• Like 9