• Advertisement

Samurai Jack is Back

Jane

1 minute ago, katnisslovestacos said:

Well this was some unexpected but great news...can't wait

The interesting thing is that this has been in production for a while it seems. Glad that they didn't announce it earlier, although I wonder if this means Genndy's done with Sony. Wouldn't surprise me as they recently threw out Popeye and Medusa. He's mentioned that it's been hard to sell Sony execs on his new movie idea..

The only thing I'm concerned about in this is who will voice Aku. Mako Iwamatsu is dead now and his voice for Aku is so iconic that I don't know if it can be replaceable. Will they use a sound-a-like voice actor just like Grandpa Lou and Chuckie in Rugrats? Will they make Aku silent? Will they kill him off? Will they reuse audio from the original show? Okay, the last one may be a bit disrespectful.

I sorta think they'll use Greg Baldwin (the voice actor who took over a lot of Mako's roles after he died) as the voice of Aku. Not to mention he also voiced Aku in that one Cartoon Network game, FusionFall.

• Like 1

That clears up a lot of what I wanted to know. Glad to not have to obligatorily check out the comics.

Sounds like an arduous process to make it exactly like the original, so I don't mind if it doesn't come out until 2017.

The Annecy Film Festival this month will fill in even more details.