• Advertisement

Regular Show

dragiiin123

The animation is on par with Flapjack, the characters are on par with Flapjack, the humor is on par with Flapjack, the writing is on par with Flapjack...

Looks like J. G. Quintel needs to take notes from Pendleton Ward (for the uninformed, both wrote for Flapjack; Ward created Adventure Time and Quintel created... this). This show takes too many cues from Flapjack for me to thoroughly enjoy. Maybe I'd like it more if it wasn't written so predictably (Mordecai and Rigby complain about something -> No one cares -> Something surreal happens -> Episode ends) and if the main characters weren't so incredibly grating (all of them; not just Mordecai and Rigby).

• Like 1

The animation is on par with Flapjack, the characters are on par with Flapjack, the humor is on par with Flapjack, the writing is on par with Flapjack...

Looks like J. G. Quintel needs to take notes from Pendleton Ward (for the uninformed, both wrote for Flapjack; Ward created Adventure Time and Quintel created... this). This show takes too many cues from Flapjack for me to thoroughly enjoy. Maybe I'd like it more if it wasn't written so predictably (Mordecai and Rigby complain about something -> No one cares -> Something surreal happens -> Episode ends) and if the main characters weren't so incredibly grating (all of them; not just Mordecai and Rigby).

Really? I don't see much of a resemblance between the two aside from the surreal plots.

And on another note...I seem to be in a minority of people who actually liked Flapjack. Please, please don't hate me.

Definitely the best modern Cartoon Network show ever. Used to be Adventure Time, but as season 2, this show has that position now since I think it's better than AT. I don't get why the people online (I'm looking at you, users from You Tube and other people that think the show is going down hill) think this show sucks. This show is always getting better and better in my opinion. All the main characters are likable. As for the pet peeves, these are some of the problems on the show:

* Rigby sometimes get annoying since he usually causes trouble

* Benson being rude. I liked his anger, but Replaced and The Best Burger in the World were his rudest. I don't want writers to make him like that cause if he fired Mordecai and Rigby once more, I'll lost respect. Three times fired is enough.

* Muscle Man episodes. I don't hate them with a burning passion, but again writers, if you want to make an excellent MM themed episode, make him likable not annoying like he was in Big Winner and Muscle Mentor and give these type eps a break for awhile.

* Also, the writers need a break with Mordecai and Rigby hanging out with Margaret and Eileen episodes for awhile as well. That and Muscle Man episodes are getting more attention this season than usual. Not saying that I hate them.

So overall, season 3 is the best because the show is a little different now. Mordecai and Rigby aren't shown at work in every single episodes (sometimes they're not the main characters) and the character developments are great. Just ignore those who complaining this show. 10/10