• Advertisement

Regular Show

dragiiin123

I stopped watching when it started focusing too much on romance and not the actual humor or main characters. I've heard it's gone even more downhill since then. I do own the first two seasons on blue ray though, they're still great after 5 years.

Edited by Teamwork

1 hour ago, Teamwork said:

I stopped watching when it started focusing too much on romance and not the actual humor or main characters. I've heard it's gone even more downhill since then. I do own the first two seasons on blue ray though, they're still great after 5 years.

It never went downhill for me honestly. It just got more plot-driven and got more of a continuity, which I love. 

I really adore first four seasons of the show. They are so funny, random and epic. After that the show kind start to be more formulair or romantic and not enough supernatural shit. I did like season 5 and 6 but they are not as fun as first four season and love triangle akwardness in season 6 was lame to sit through. However season 7 is starting to bring back RS I love. It's still lack supernatural most of time but it has interesting plots and character development and I'm glad they got rid of romance stories.I still want to see more supernatural shit and humor of season 1-2 but I'm glad the show is recovering.

Why do people hate season 6 for the love triangle thing? It only takes up like 3-5 out of the 28 episodes on the season :P

Let me remind you all of episodes like The Real Thomas, Men In Uniform, Benson's Suit, Death Kwon Do-Livery etc.

23 hours ago, CyanideFishbone said:

This show never really got bad honestly. There's a few episodes I don't like, but not much. 

I fucking love this show. One of my favorite shows.

Finally another person who feels the show never went downhill. It's one of my favorite shows of all time as well.

On 11/7/2015, 5:59:12, SpongeyKid said:

Why do people hate season 6 for the love triangle thing? It only takes up like 3-5 out of the 28 episodes on the season

Let me remind you all of episodes like The Real Thomas, Men In Uniform, Benson's Suit, Death Kwon Do-Livery etc.

Finally another person who feels the show never went downhill. It's one of my favorite shows of all time as well.

Well, I don't hate any RS season, it's just that the writing and humor (though that started in season 4 because I noticed the humor starts to lack by then) took a decline in quality on the fifth season. I also can't stand the new animation style they had nowadays.  It's so stiff and the characters don't even make wacky faces like they regularly did in seasons 1, 2, and part of 3. It still happen, but Benson will always have his moments of off-model facial expressions and it's kinda rare. Also, back to why the show went downhill: I got tired of it, honestly...even in season 7, the writing is still phoned it in, despite a slight improvement. The plots are not as great as it used to be and that's why I'm sticking to the other CN shows (except TTG, because that show is everywhere every time I watch CN). I just want Quintel to end it and move on...

Am I the only one that also got tired of its running gags? They seem funny for a while (like at least 5-10 times), but then it wore on me after awhile. (I never get tired of Muscle Man's running gags though)

13 minutes ago, Cha said:

Even though this show kinda feels empty to me now, I'm coming back to it after like two years of watching it only here and there. As they don't get too wrapped in Mordecai's love affairs then it's all good.

They wrapped it in season 7 premiere for now.

"woah hey what why are eileen and rigby dating just no"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCCuuYta4S8

*watches clip and remembers past episodes* lol i love how they play on the rigby and eileen relationship like it's subtle and funny enough where it's not another annoying couple or all of mordecai's love problems. (But I'll admit I'm not a fan of the Eileen Plan or Just friends.)

I'm really hoping to see more Pops or Muscle Man (even if he was in a lot of episodes that one season).

surprised to see a lot of people saying they think the show is still good

checked back in to some episodes I had missed the other day and the show's not bad but it's still deeply uninspired and that animation is still stiff af and garbage

loomkng forward to the movie though 

14 hours ago, Aquatic Nuggets said:

surprised to see a lot of people saying they think the show is still good

checked back in to some episodes I had missed the other day and the show's not bad but it's still deeply uninspired and that animation is still stiff af and garbage

loomkng forward to the movie though 

actually a lot people recognize the decline in the show, me too but from what I've seen, season 7 has been such an improvement over season 5 and 6, it still need more energy but I like character development in it and the episodes are really interesting. Also I've seen the movie online and it was pretty great.

Wow almost one year of me saying that.

Yeah, I still stand by season 7 has been good, in fact it got great with making a story arc with Rigby in high school and bringing back the dome from the early season 7 special. I know Regular show was more of a episodic show at first but after that bad love triangle story arc, this time they actually know what they are doing with this new storyline and how they are setting up the season finale impressed me so far. The eps still feel stand alone and fun while they are still good at setting up the season finale. I really hope season finale delivers because these last episodes have impressed me.

Spoiler

"Anything for my daughter's ex-boyfriend's best friend."

lol

Didn't care for the high school arc (though I really liked the dome arc) but the ending of the season finale made up for it.

• Like 1