• Advertisement

Life Without the Internet

I was thinking about this scenario the other day about how my life would be if the internet didn't exist. And when I think about it, it would be completely different without it. For better or for worse, I think everyone's lives would take a different path, and perhaps we wouldn't achieve things that we currently have. What are your thoughts on this world where the internet didn't exist and how it would affect your life?

Discuss

My hobbies like animation and writing stories are not necessarily reliant on there being an internet, but I'm sure had it not existed I wouldn't have gotten into them as much as I did. When I started making animations years back, I would post them on the Youtube and wound up finding a community of other animators. Being able to actually talk with people that shared my interest made me want to make more animations which led to it being a huge passion of mine.

Without that, who knows if I'd still want to pursue it as a career now. Kinda scary/weird to think about.

The Internet has become such a vital part of the human experience in the 21st Century, and I really can't even imagine what life would be like had it never existed.

Me personally, I'd be very bored lol. And I wouldn't be able to do my AMVs.

I'd definitely be more bored. I wouldn't be able to talk to people who inspire me like animators and cartoonists like I so easily can with the internet so I'd be oblivious to half of what I know about animation now.

I'd also probably lose interest in SpongeBob back in Season 7 when I stopped watching because I got bored with it (not because of the episode quality, just because I wasn't interested in the show) and all the good S8 and S9 episodes. My life would be WAY more reliant on music then it already is (and music is pretty much what keeps me alive). Music is really the only thing that entertains me besides the internet and some cartoons...so wow, that could lead to a possibility of me being in a huge band or something...whoa. Everything would be so much different. I probably wouldn't get suspended for better influence then what I got. Also a lot of fun memories from December 2014- March 2015 would be lost. Life would be so much different.

I wouldn't have met a bunch of great people or discovered certain shows or music artists, which would suck. But perhaps I would read more books instead as if I don't already read a lot  :P