• Advertisement

"Drawn Together" (Show Discussion)

storytime7

This show had 3 seasons and ran on Comedy Central from 2004 to 2007 (this was also the first animated reality show ever made).

I really didn't like this show. Season 1 may have had only like 1 or 2 episodes that were okay but everything else was complete garbage, and I didn't like the fact that Wooldoor was a parody of Spongebob and because of the controvery about people calling Spongebob gay they made Wooldoor's character occaisionally say something gay. Wouldn't recommend this show to anybody 1.2/10

It's always looked like something i'd find funny but i've never bothered to watch a single episode. Huh.

Mmm, it appears we are in the same boat young lad.

FUCK EVERYONE IN THIS TOPIC (Except 70s)

Let me tell you something:

Drawn Together is one of the funniest things to ever exist.

And, NO, that's not an opinion,

But a GOD.

DAMN.

FACT.

im-awesome.gif

This was one of my favorite things to watch on Comedy Central back in the day, so yeah. The episode with M----- Mouse in it and the one where everybody else helps Xandir come out of the closet with his parents by playing out some crazy scenario are the only ones I can vividly remember tho. Well, those and this one episode where Wooldoor looks like a Jew and Princess Clara tries to kill him then takes care of him ala Misery.

Watch it. It's hysterical. Except the movie. The movie was trash.

Tbh, the movie was okay. I got a couple laughs out of it, and Seth Macfarlane does a great job at his role as I.S.R.E.A.L. I would complain about the ending, but considering how little continuary there is to the actual series, I can live with it.

Tbh, the movie was okay. I got a couple laughs out of it, and Seth Macfarlane does a great job at his role as I.S.R.E.A.L. I would complain about the ending, but considering how little continuary there is to the actual series, I can live with it.

I thought the ending was the best part of the movie, honestly. I remember getting a laugh here and there, but on the whole I really didn't like it. If they didn't try to force an Israel joke every couple minutes I would've liked it a lot better (or, alternatively, if they just cut out the commentary scene because that was awful).

Another great, cult cartoon show cancelled before its time. :( To quote Spanky Hamm the ONE time they briefly visited "South Park": "If we lived HERE, we'd GET better ratings!" :rolleyes: Why "South Park" is STILL on the air and "Drawn Together" isn't, is simply BEYOND the pale for me! o.o

Another great, cult cartoon show cancelled before its time. :( To quote Spanky Hamm the ONE time they briefly visited "South Park": "If we lived HERE, we'd GET better ratings!" :rolleyes: Why "South Park" is STILL on the air and "Drawn Together" isn't, is simply BEYOND the pale for me! o.o

Same reason Spongebob is still running: They're both immensely popular. Drawn Together was a good show, but it's popularity was nowhere near South Park's. It might've been cancelled due to low ratings.

Same reason Spongebob is still running: They're both immensely popular. Drawn Together was a good show, but it's popularity was nowhere near South Park's. It might've been cancelled due to low ratings.

Actually, for the most part when it was on, it was JUST BEHIND South Park in terms of new episodes.

That's good Bubblerock.  So you can forgive me if I said Drawn Together is really bad (to me at least, kinda surprised how many people like it in this thread).  

The sad thing is I get why this show was semi-popular.  Plus I'm not afraid to admit this show had tons of potential with the concept alone and it's characters being parodies of different animated character stereotypes.  But my main problem is the execution, especially from the writing staff.  In the first season, there was a funny episode occasionally, but at least 90% of this series is just cringe worthy levels of bad.  Like the writers/creators thought it could get by just with it's premise alone and then just insert tons of crude, insensitive jokes like the mature leveled cartoons that it so badly wanted to be, but was not.  Everything about this series just came off to me as lazy, cringe "shock value" comedy, and too mean spirited, even for me.  That's coming from someone who loves his fair share of mature cartoons.

Side note, but I've never seen the movie, but knowing how backlashed it is, even from it's own fanbase, I'll pass.