• Advertisement

The Powerpuff Girls Reboot 2016

Clappy

This is now officially the worst animation I've ever seen in a tv show aside from Johnny Test maybe.

Fuck this show. I'm not even a PPG fan and I'm baffled by how something so effortless is allowed to air on public tv.

10 hours ago, HelloMisterSpringtime said:

While it may not be worse than TTG overall, the animation seems worse. TTG's animation is nothing special, but at least it's not riddled with errors.

Yeah, I sorta agree with you on the animation, but the spelling errors in this show? Yes. A million times yes. It's like none of the animators go through spell check in this series. I just hope the show doesn't reach Super Mario Bros. Super Show tier of noticeable errors.

http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1461340427597.webm

I'm keeping my filthy mouth shut.

19 hours ago, Fred Rechid said:

Yeah, I sorta agree with you on the animation, but the spelling errors in this show? Yes. A million times yes. It's like none of the animators go through spell check in this series. I just hope the show doesn't reach Super Mario Bros. Super Show tier of noticeable errors.

http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1461340427597.webm

I'm keeping my filthy mouth shut.

Where was the animation error in that clip????

Edit: Did Blossom's voice just come out of Buttercup's mouth? >_<

2 hours ago, Hayden said:

Where was the animation error in that clip????

Edit: Did Blossom's voice just come out of Buttercup's mouth? >_<

The computer in the background isn't colored in and the animation is rather choppy too.

12 hours ago, Teamwork said:

The computer in the background isn't colored in and the animation is rather choppy too.

Um. What computer? The one that just looks like it's turned off? Or is there another one that I'm not seeing?

1 hour ago, terminoob said:

Um. What computer? The one that just looks like it's turned off? Or is there another one that I'm not seeing?

There's one that looks like an iMac and part of it isn't colored in.

Wasn't really a fan of the latest episode with them spring cleaning in the fall. Is it just me or do they seem to only write Blossom as someone who only cares about being organized/getting good grades? Like she was that way in the original series but I don't remember her being like that every second on screen. I haven't rewatched the original in two years or so, so I might be fuzzy.

7 hours ago, Cha said:

Wasn't really a fan of the latest episode with them spring cleaning in the fall. Is it just me or do they seem to only write Blossom as someone who only cares about being organized/getting good grades? Like she was that way in the original series but I don't remember her being like that every second on screen. I haven't rewatched the original in two years or so, so I might be fuzzy.

Nah, it's not just you. I've also noticed the emphasis on Blossom being organized all the time to the point where it feels like it's taking over her actual character and is becoming her only character trait. I wish we'd see more of her personality from before, but I guess we'll see ?

• Like 1

This reboot has several issues. The animation errors are very obvious and can easily be fixed, but aren't. The girls' new personalities lack the likability of the original characters (and the unlikable traits are increased ten-fold.) The comedy seems awfully 2010's-trendy and isn't very funny overall. The action is mostly hidden by Hit Flashes, which hide the impact. The action itself rarely occurs within the reboot, and is instead replaced with the girls just hanging out and doing nothing interesting. There's barely any focus on the villains throughout the episodes so far, when the original had plenty of focus on its villains even in its early episodes (Fuzzy Logic for Fuzzy Lumpkins, Geshundfight! for the Amoeba Boys, Octi-Evil for Him, etc.) Ms. Bellum was removed, which not only removed an awesome character, but makes the mayor less interesting.

The biggest issue, however, is the fact that the reboot lacks a clear identity. It tries to have the charm of the original and fails (because it lacks the comedy and action that made the original show so awesome,) but it also tries to differentiate itself from the original (which it also fails at doing, because, again, they took away the comedy and action that made the original show so enjoyable.)

• Like 1