• Advertisement

053b. Clams

storytime7

Discuss it here.

I thought this was a really good episode, nice parody of "Jaws" with a good amount of laughs too, I also like the crazyness in this episode with Mr.Krabs after the clam took his 1 millionth dollar. I also like the part where Spongebob and Squidward try to escape off of the boat. 10/10

This was one of the duller episodes of Season 3. It wasn't a bad episode by any means, but it wasn't very good either. I also hated Mr. Krabs's characterization in this one.

The reason I really liked this episode was cause it had some funny moments but it also had a lot of crazy moments, which is something you would've seen in Ren and Stimpy in that shows first 2 seasons.

I really like this episode. A pretty good plot with funny jokes. This episode also strongly reminds me of Fish n Chumps from Rocko's Modern Life.

HILARIOUS!!! I really loved this episode a lot and It's one of the funniest season 3 episodes. This episode is also underrated. Sure, Mr. Krabs was bad in this episode but at least he wasn't trying to feed the clam with SpongeBob and Squidward. I really laughed many parts like the begining, Gary eating the cough (the funniest part), Mr. Krabs going crazy and the ending. It's another fantastic season 3 episode. 10/10

While Missing Identity parodied a whole movie genre, Clams parodied a single film, and with just as much brilliance. Watching Mr. Krabs' slow descent into madness after losing his millionth dollar to a giant clam is nothing short of great television. The episode's mocking of how the beast only appears when suspenseful music plays is a breath of fresh air after over 30 years of Jaws rip-offs. What better time to review this episode than right after Shark Week, which reinforced the rule that "scary creatures underwater = lots and lots of eyeballs"? This entire show takes place underwater, but the creative way that the writers managed to re-interpret Jaws in a world where sharks are mostly nonthreatening (see: SpongeGuard on Duty) deserves attention in and of itself.

This episode is actually underrated, as it is not talked about much and is almost never considered one of the best. I must admit it's easy to look over. But guys, this episode is a real gem and it must be among the funniest and most unique episodes of the series.

Edited by BeachBob95

Here's one part of the episode that I'm surprised doesn't get mentioned more! / Mr. Krabs: "Congratulations, sir! You just gave me my ONE Millionth dollar!" Customer: "Cool, what do I win?" Mr. Krabs: "NOTHING!!!!" :hysterical: And who can forget this gem?! / Mr. Krabs: "Hey! This ISN'T me millionth dollar! It's just an ordinary dollar crumpled up, dampened, and smothered with Coral Blue Lipstick Number Three!" Spongebob: "Actually, it's Coral Blue, Semi-Gloss Lipstick Number Two..." (Gets hit on the head by Squidward!) :D / Definitely one of the wackier season three episodes, and can still hold it's own against some of the more random craziness that has happened since season nine and beyond! :cool: Enough said, true believers! ;)