• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Worst SpongeBob Episodes

Clappy

WHY ISN'T THIS NUMBER ONE WHY

I really don't understand how this episode got plotted, then written, then drawn out and animated. During the process, someone had to have said "What the nuts is this?" But god, I hate this one. Nothing about it works. The only positive was Patrick's dance. That's it. Everything else was so horrendously awful that I just can't fathom how anyone thought this was funny.

The scene that stands out the most to me is the one where SpongeBob is totally ick-ified and trapped in the bubble and the Bikini Bottomites are punching him through the bubble, and he's just totally bawling and shooting tears of disgusting green pus....I don't know what that is, but it's NOT SpongeBob. This episode makes me sick. I wish it was higher. There isn't any episode worse than this, to me.

• Like 1

Oh how the next one is ever so deserving:

5. Fungus Among Us

357683.jpg

159 points. 11 out of 17 lists. (2 #1's Clappy & Nuggets)

SpongeBob is asleep, and Gary has no food, so Gary wakes up SpongeBob. SpongeBob attempts to feed Gary, but the food is disgusting to Gary. Gary would rather eat some contagious sea fungus on the floor, which SpongeBob considers rude. SpongeBob tries to clean up the ick, but gets it on himself. He tries to clean it off, but it only spreads. He also tries not to scratch it because it is itchy, yet he still itches. At the Krusty Krab, he flicks off some contagious sea fungus on his nose, but it grows on the wall and grows back and bigger on him. He tries scraping it off his arm into the trash, but the same thing happens.

Squidward sees SpongeBob in his state and calls the SWAT team. When the team is carrying SpongeBob away in a cage, some contagious sea fungus flies off of him and lands on Squidward's head. After Squidward itches it, when giving a Krabby Patty to Old Man Jenkins, it gets onto him. Meanwhile, the SWAT team has SpongeBob quarantined in his house with a bubble around him with the contagious sea fungus having taken a turn for the worse. Patrick comes in and pops SpongeBob's bubble, but blows another one around SpongeBob. Back at the Krusty Krab, the contagious sea fungus is spreading like crazy! It is all over the food, and the customers get infected. SpongeBob arrives in his bubble, having taken another turn for the worse.

The health inspector snaps at Mr. Krabs for thinking everyone was healthy, and everyone prepares to attack SpongeBob for spreading the contagious sea fungus. SpongeBob cries icky tears that get on everybody in the Krusty Krab when the bubble pops. Gary then arrives licking the contagious sea fungus off of Mr. Krabs. The episode ends with Gary "de-icking" the Bikini Bottomites for $5.00 to Mr. Krabs' profit.

Before I talk about my least favorite episode ever, I will say this. No episode on this countdown appeared on more lists than this one. This is also one of two episodes which received two number one votes. Also, at one point this was also a frontrunner for the number one spot. So while I do wish this finished number one personally, I am glad that it got the amount of hate it received by everyone else.

Now what is it about this episode that I don't like? Well gee, where do I start? How about the fungus...or the Ick. WHY? For as much crap as I give ever gross out episodes on this list, they are never the focal point. The "fungus" as the main plot point is more bleh than the splinter in its star episode. Also I'd like to point out that funguses or fungis do not evolve at this rapid of a rate. So it's not only gross, but biologically inaccurate. I know it's a cartoon, but if it's as threatening as they make it out to be, they would at least add some sense of realism to it.

Speaking of realism, let me word this expression from the other person that voted Fungus Among Us as number one. Because I think he words his hatred for it perfectly.

Well said Nuggets. Not once did I feel like I was watching a SpongeBob episode. I don't know if I'd call it a horror movie, but it definitely did not feel like my favorite Nickelodeon show. I mean just about everyone in this episode was incredibly hateable except Gary. Squidward for treating SpongeBob like an outcast for spreading the ick. Patrick for being incredibly stupid. Mr. Krabs for charging people to be de-icked when he was somewhat responsible for exposing the customers in the first place. Slightly SpongeBob for not knowing about Gary's eating habits. I mean he's only had Gary for what seems like forever, you should know that he's a *dolphin noise* snail. Although, I feel bad for SpongeBob for crying in his bubble as everyone attacked him for getting them contaminated.

Btw, fun fact. This was the only SpongeBob episode to ever get me physically sick. The first time I ever watched it, I vomited. I wouldn't blame the episode entirely for me puking since I did have a stomach virus. But it did not help that this episode was trying it's best to gross me out with it's horribleness.

finally an episode we know that nuggets hates! :) i mean the guy does like everything, i cant believe i forgot this on my list. :(

It's probably just because I suck at finding Spongebob episodes to hate, but I actually thought that Fungus Among Us was fairly tolerable. Yeah, I agree it was gross and barely made any sense, but I found some of it funny.

Sorry I'm rushing this one.

4. Professor Squidward

tumblr_l2nve28zrG1qbaxlqo1_400.gif

160 points. 9 out of 17 lists. (#1 Sabre)

Squidward is disdainfully watching Squilliam play his clarinet at a concert. When Squilliam finishes, Squidward leaves. As he walks out of the recital hall, he is mistaken for Squilliam and is then offered to teach a music class, to which he accepts. Later, he comes to the music class wearing a wig, posing as Squilliam. He prepares his desk and a kid asks him if he's going to write his name on the board "like most professors do.". Annoyed, Squidward tells the kid to write his name on the board.

Shortly after that, Squidward discovers that SpongeBob and Patrick are in the music class he is teaching, which annoys him even more. Spongebob and Patrick are then told that they are allowed to stay just as long as they behave themselves and keep quiet about Squidward's real name. Squidward starts teaching, but is interrupted by Spongebob's laughter. When asked about it, Spongebob tries to claim that Patrick was tickling his foot, though reveals that he was tickling his own foot. In order to avoid any more distractions, Squidward moves SpongeBob away from Patrick, but he keeps on laughing. When Spongebob is told to stop tickling his foot, Patrick reveals that it really was hm that time, much to Squidward's surprise. Squidward starts teaching about musical scales by drawing lines on the chalkboard. Patrick then explains how they remind him of a railroad track he saw at a railroad convention last week, where he bought himself a conductor's hat. Then, he starts riding a mini train, only to get trapped in the trash can, though comes back inside a minute later.

Then, Squidward starts teaching the class about metronomes, much to the interest of SpongeBob and Patrick (though Spongebob mistook it for a garden nome). They start making a ticking noise and a news reporter suddenly comes in, wanting to do an interview with "Squilliam Fancyson", although he is soon more interested in Spongebob and Patrick and how they are in a trance. Squidward then angerly kicks him out after mentioning about possible paranormal activity and SpongeBob and Patrick stop ticking when the bell rings. They forget where they are and they start calling Squidward by his real name, which upsets the rest of the class and they start to leave. Squidward blocks the door with his body and crazily claims that no one is going anywhere. However, the police come in along with the news reporter, the music teacher, and Squilliam Fancyson himself. After noticing that Squidward does not have a unibrow, he is quickly arrested for "impersonating a genuis," leaving Spongebob and Patrick alone with the metronome ticking and them, while in a trance, going "tick tick tick..." along with it.

I really hate to use a Nostalgia Critic meme in a SpongeBob countdown, but I think one word sums up Professor Squidward:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qYZzgx2-oc

I mean I get they were going for Squidward torture with this episode, but guess what? IT'S BORING! BORING! BORING! BORING! BORING! BORING! BORING! I mean they could have made SpongeBob and Patrick much more annoying and gone for some attempt at humor, but dear sweet baby Jesus were SpongeBob and Patrick's attempts at making Squidward's life hell were just...BORING! Patrick shrinks and rides away on a train? Yawn. SpongeBob and Patrick keep impersonating a metronome? Zzzzzzz. Squidward gets arrested for not having a unibrow? *snores*. I mean to quote that Nostalgic Critic song above, WHERE DID THE FUNNY GO? At least other "Squidward abuse" episodes had genuine moments of laughter. This? This failed miserably. What a waste of a Squilliam guest spot by the way.

• Like 5

3. Pet or Pests

l_95ccc764.jpg

163 points. 8 out of 17 lists. (#1 jjsthekid)

One day, SpongeBob and Patrick are playing, when they land in a bush. They destroy it, and the two find a worm that lived in the bush. SpongeBob takes it home, and introduces him to Gary, which takes an immediate dislike to. They fight, and SpongeBob pulls them apart. Later that night, SpongeBob lets his new pet stay where Gary usually sleeps, and Gary is sent to the guest room, which he doesn't like. The next morning, SpongeBob wakes up and sees the worm in a type of pain. He runs to Patrick because he doesn't know what to do. They go back to SpongeBob's house and see that the worm had given birth to baby worms. SpongeBob and Patrick try and put Gary and Mrs. Wormsley together, but she attacks Gary again and Gary chases Mrs. Wormsley out of town on a bus, so SpongeBob is left to take care of the worm babies.

He tries to sell them, but he fails, because the babies spit an acid onto the person's face. After trying to sell them to Mr. Krabs, and he said to take them out of his restaurant. SpongeBob puts them by the garbage, but the babies spit on him too. Garbage men come up and they are about to take the garbage away when they see the acid on SpongeBob's face. They see that it is a very rare type of worm, and Mr. Krabs comes out, hearing how it is rare and they would bring a lot of money. So, SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs sell the worms to the people of Bikini Bottom.

Wow, I did not know that this episode had that much hatred. I mean I remember it being as boring as the last one, but I didn't consider it this horrible. However, I will admit that this is one of the few episodes I didn't watch again on this countdown since it wasn't on the DVR. But what I do remember of it was it being a bad episode. There were not many exciting moments to report on, but if this episode had one horrible thing I can complain about is the animation design. I mean wow. Were they try to make the worms as ugly as sin? I also remember them constantly letting out slimy green juice. So nice attempt at trying to gross me out animators, but I've made it through much worse. So I guess I need to re-watch this one again someday to see how horrible it is once more.

• Like 5

Btw I will be posting both 2 and 1 at the same time tomorrow. Not only to build less suspense, but to also get this countdown finished once and for all at the same time.

Maybe I would have liked this more if the worms weren't ugly. And I feel bad for the mom worm. What the heck Gary? I wish the plot involved getting the mother back.

I agree with this tenfold.

• Like 1

I honestly don't know what the last two will be, since I don't really have a least favorite episode. There are definitely some I dislike, but none that I've felt immense hatred towards (some come close). I will be waiting intently, Sir Clapward.

These final two episodes were pretty neck and neck.

2. Squid's Visit

tumblr_lamyve2xiV1qbaxlqo1_500.gif

187 points. 10 out of 17 lists. (2 #1s Box and Wooden Steel)

SpongeBob really wants Squidward to visit his house, but Squidward doesn't. Squidward says that he likes the comfort of his own home. SpongeBob then makes his house exactly like Squidward's so Squidward will finally visit. Afterwards, he steals Squidward's vacuum cleaner, which makes Squidward come take it back, which was Patrick's idea. Squidward puts his dinner in the oven and then comes to SpongeBob's house and saw the exact replica of his living room. He is a little annoyed. Squidward sits on the exact replica of his chair and saw his coffee table. He sees his food and Art Of The Clarinet Book. He saw his pillow SpongeBob was fluffing. It looked like the one Squidward's Mother made for him. Then Squidward sees his hallway, and he saw the chip in the painting from when the moved into his own house. Then he saw his bathroom. He sees his medicine cabinet and he sees his rash cream. But when SpongeBob shows up, Squidward screams and he slips on the rash cream too many times and his head falls into the toilet, knocking himself out.

Squidward woke up and thinks he had a dream about himself visiting SpongeBob. But he wasn't dreaming. Squidward screams to SpongeBob. He tells SpongeBob he has to go to the bathroom again, but it was a lie. He runs upstairs, looking for his vacuum cleaner. Squidward exactly opens the door, and turns on the light, he finds out he is in the gallery room and spots all 492 self portraits hanging on the wall. Squidward becomes scared, but then he get mad. He looks for the vacuum cleaner in the closet and finds it, but it is stuck in the closet. Squidward pulls until his vacuum comes out. The vacuum hits Squidward and he crashes into the wall, tilting his self-portraits. He falls down the stairs, and he spits out the vacuum, and he walks out of SpongeBob's house, but when he goes outside, he realizes that his house had vaporized due to a fire. Squidward had forgotten to bring the casserole which was later on fire and caused Squidward's house to burn up. SpongeBob then told Squidward to stay at his house. Squidward imagined what it would be like. He wound up staying at the pineapple with him inside and SpongeBob and Gary sleeping outside.

I'm gonna keep this plain and short due to the amount I'm typing out. This episode was *dolphin noise* creepy. Poor Squidward. I sincerely feel bad for him and all the crap he had to go through. And SpongeBob was made out to be a borderline stalker. I mean I know his feelings for Squidward are enhanced in the newer seasons, but never this deep. I really wish I could find the video of him breathing into the phone because that is some of the most psychologically creepy scenes in the series.

• Like 7