• Advertisement

A New Main Character?

Ron

What would you do? Would you like to see a new main character added to SpongeBob/Patrick/Squidward/Mr. Krabs/Sandy/Plankton? Would you rather have a minor character graduate into the main six (i.e. Larry, Pearl, Bill)?

I think it'd be nice to see, and would add some new plot ideas. :3 It was executed really well on Regular Show.

Much like I said in the spin-off thread, I doubt it would ever happen and I'm not sure I would like it too. SpongeBob, unlike Regular Show, has absoultely no continuity (besides a few references of other episodes). It may lead to new dynamics but, like Thomas, this new character may drift into the background quickly and become disinteresting...

• Like 2

And cue the complaining fans and considering a new era of such a character that would technically unintentionally ruin the show in such ways. Sorry about that, that's how I see people when it comes to new characters. A new character wouldn't sound necessary, we have the core group for years now, and it's safe to say that core is already full, IMO.

• Like 2

While its not absolutely necessary, I would LOVE a new main character. I've actually thought about that for a while now. It depends on if they do it right though. I would also want them to be a girl, just for the lack of girls in the core six (Sandy's the only girl).

I wouldn't necessarily reject the idea of a new main character, but I don't see it happening. The Rugrats started to add new main characters, but that didn't necessarily help it in the long run in my opinion because people started complaining about the Dil and Kimi centered episodes back in the TVTome days.

the TVTome days.

Claps: Making me feel like a newbie since 2011.

I think another main character would work if he was interesting and brought something new to the cast. Otherwise, I'd find it wholly unnecessary and detrimental to the show.

This could honestly go either way, if it happened. On some shows, it works, like Regular Show, or the Fairly OddParents (Poof was actually a really good idea; Poof didn't kill FOP- The show just happened to go downhill upon his arrival). And sometimes, it doesn't work at all (Dil and Kimi did not help Rugrats at all, except for helping extend the show's life a little).

It could honestly work really well or do horribly bad. I'm just gonna stick with no, for now, because the show has just recently learned how to give each character the proper amount of spotlight each season. It would be interesting to see, if it ever happened, though.

• Like 1

to be honest I would like a new character. not to make the show better, but to include new elemts in the show. spongebob is at a point where it can refrence past episodes and can bring new stories. a new character would help. id love to see a fred story(the fish that screams my leg!) I liked what they did with that fish in planktons regular. it would bring new ideas and plots to the show. just a thought

I don't like the idea of a new main character at all really. It's been 13 years and we've been content with the main crew we already have. With all the recurring we've had lately (for example Ned and the Needlefish, Bubblebass, Fiasco, etc) I think we're set on those too. We have Larry/Mrs.Puff/MM&BB/Pearl/Squilliam/etc. as our minors, maybe in the we could add another one in the future.