• Advertisement

A New Main Character?

Ron

i hope the new charachter will be a starfish. "but patricks already a starfish!" SEE IT WORKED!

Patrick: I wish to be pink.

SpongeBob: You already are pink, Pat.

Patrick: My wish is fulfilled!

After seeing what became of Thomas on Regular Show, I'm gonna go with a DEFINITE no. Thomas had a huge 30 minute episode written to introduce him, one 11 minute segment revolving around him right after, and after that, I doubt he's gotten even a minute of screentime. He's been totally neglected, and if Regular Show, a show that's pretty good with character balance (except for the fact that Muscle Man episodes are a bit overabundant) can't balance a new character, then I doubt SpongeBob could.

After seeing what became of Thomas on Regular Show, I'm gonna go with a DEFINITE no. Thomas had a huge 30 minute episode written to introduce him, one 11 minute segment revolving around him right after, and after that, I doubt he's gotten even a minute of screentime. He's been totally neglected, and if Regular Show, a show that's pretty good with character balance (except for the fact that Muscle Man episodes are a bit overabundant) can't balance a new character, then I doubt SpongeBob could.

I don't know. i kind of disagree. I believe that different shows handle new characters differently than others. I've seen shows where it works and some where it doesn't. I honestly think with the improvemnent in writing, it could not only work, but it can take the show to a new level.

Hypothetically, if "Spongebob Squarepants" ever DOES introduce a new main character (or make a minor character a main character), as long as they don't go down the path that "The Fairly Oddparents" have taken, I'll be fine with it! :)