• Advertisement

Anime

Karen

Looking back on it, I was a bit too harsh on Attack on Titan. I actually think it's been improving as of late.

Sword Art Online wasn't great or terrible to me. I still enjoyed it even though it felt generic and short in some areas.

I have so many problems with it. I thought all the characters were really poorly written and the initial concept was completely sidelined in favor of a relatively boring romance. Beyond one slip-up (maybe two) Kirito never suffered any consequences for the whole show and everything went his way all the time and if they didn't then he was always strong enough to make them go his way. Asuna was consistently said to be powerful but she never proved herself to the viewers and we just had to take everyone at their word - her entire character revolved around Kirito even though I know she could've been an actual character if she was given the chance. The pacing kept bugging me, too - I liked seeing the characters interact with the world around them, but it kept being more treated like a straight-up fantasy series because they very rarely focused on the actual game aspects. The boss fights we saw were cool, but they were all for Kirito. I would've loved to see Aigil, Klein, and especially Asuna get the focus in them beyond being distractions.

And don't even get me started on that friggin' Alfheim arc. I have no idea what the hell they were thinking when they decided it'd be a good idea to do any of that.

• Like 1

I have so many problems with it. I thought all the characters were really poorly written and the initial concept was completely sidelined in favor of a relatively boring romance. Beyond one slip-up (maybe two) Kirito never suffered any consequences for the whole show and everything went his way all the time and if they didn't then he was always strong enough to make them go his way. Asuna was consistently said to be powerful but she never proved herself to the viewers and we just had to take everyone at their word - her entire character revolved around Kirito even though I know she could've been an actual character if she was given the chance. The pacing kept bugging me, too - I liked seeing the characters interact with the world around them, but it kept being more treated like a straight-up fantasy series because they very rarely focused on the actual game aspects. The boss fights we saw were cool, but they were all for Kirito. I would've loved to see Aigil, Klein, and especially Asuna get the focus in them beyond being distractions.

And don't even get me started on that friggin' Alfheim arc. I have no idea what the hell they were thinking when they decided it'd be a good idea to do any of that.

That...would make a pretty good expansion on my one line of criticism. Yeah, I didn't like the focus on the generic love story and the characters and actual game aspects fell short and called for a lot more development.

"Yu-Gi-Oh" is a really good anime that I am enjoying re-watching on Netflix. I've watched 44/97 episodes available on Netflix so far (as of March 29, 2015).

You like Yu-Gi-Oh!? Enjoy your 25 Metal Snake points, friend.

I'm not a huge anime fan but I love Cowboy Bebop and Soul Eater. Sailor Moon was the first anime I ever watched, so it has a special place in my heart. Other series I enjoy are Hetalia, Azumanga Daioh, Full Metal Panic!, and Ouran High School Host Club. Recently I've been watching Nisekoi and Silver Spoon.

Arthur and King of the Hill are great animes.

Spoiler

But if you need a serious answer, my favorite animes are Cowboy Bebop, Dragon Ball Z, Attack on Titan, and Sailor Moon.

Nah, Pair Of Kings and Napoleon Dynamite are the best

Not funny or relevant anymore.

I've been meaning to watch Soul Eater for a little while and I'm looking to get into anime, any good anime you guys recommend?

Soul Eater is pretty great, I recommend it.

After I finish Watamote, I'm gonna watch Soul Eater and Clannad. But Watamote has to be my favorite anime i've seen yet. Social anxiety is displayed masterfully in it, highly recommend. 

Clannad is really great, in fact it's my favorite anime so far. The second season or Clannad After Story really takes it beyond.