• Advertisement

SBC All-Nighter: Happy Anniversary SpongeBob!

Clappy

While this is somewhat short notice, I thought I would introduce you all to the return of a SBC tradition of sorts.

So mark your calendars because on July 17, 2012 (aka this Tuesday), SBC will be holding an all-nighter in celebration of the 13th anniversary of the premiere date of SpongeBob. Activities will be going on all day in celebration of this event and while not all of them are finalized just yet, here are some of the things you can expect.

-Unlimitedcha hosting a screening of The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie. Location still being determined, but it is more than likely going to be on the XAT.

-A party thread in celebration, where we will be hosting special topic conversations about SpongeBob. The biggest conversation being that I will personally be hosting a countdown of SBC users Top 30 episodes ever. So start PM-ing me your Top 20 and we will hold a general consensus of SBC's Top 30 favorite SpongeBob episodes ever.

-A SpongeBob trivia contest on the Contests boards. Think you know more about SpongeBob than anyone else? Prove it in our massive trivia thread.

-Special items for Teams. Battle for forum supremecy with your specialized SB related items you will receive that day.

While this is only four activities so far, we will let you know when more activities become official. However, your attendance would be much appreciated and I think we can make this all-nighter a massive success regardless. :)

• Like 7

-Unlimitedcha hosting a screening of The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie. Location still being determined, but it is more than likely going to be on the XAT.

good luck finding it online what with the viacunts crawling the web and all

• Like 2

Well guys, I bought the movie on iTunes and I was thinking of livestreaming it once I figure out how to do so from a friend. The problem is though that I probably won't be able to livestream it from 6 PM to 10 PM PST. Should we watch the movie earlier that day then? How about 2 PM to 4 PM PST?

Awesome! Thanks Unlimited for buying the movie for us! You go girl! :) As for the All Nighter, I will be there, especially for the Movie screening. Shall we show something Spongy in front of it like we do at all movies? I'd love to debut my personally restorded, better quality version of Astrology With Squidward's Tarus before the movie screening. :)

Sorry if there are so many questions. I have some answers to some of the questions I've been receiving:

-This is going to take place all day Tuesday and this will also lead to the all-nighter which will go on until users start to drop off like flies and go to sleep. If you want an exact start time though, let's say 12 PM EST/9 AM PST. Just so we don't have to make anyone wake up at the crack of dawn (sorry BrOMJ, you might have to wake up that early).

-The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie will air in the afternoon/early evening. I will let Unlimitedcha decide the exact air time since she is the one hosting the movie screening. Why that time you may ask? That leads me to my next explanation.

-Unfortunately, I have to do a midday trip for work (even though I asked off for Tuesday or to work from home -___-), so some of these plans that I am trying to execute will be left at the fate of other staff members to host. My flight lands back at around 8:30 PM EST, so I hope to get home by 9 PM to help execute some of these activity plannings (like the trivia contest and a special countdown that I have set up (originally SBC's Top 30, but I never got any lists so I got another idea in mind for a countdown ;))

-The party thread will open up at 11:30 AM EST exactly, so we can get a pre-game going before the official holiday festivities start. I will make sure that at least that starts on time due to my work life screwing me over.

-I will start hosting the trivia contest as soon as I get back online that night, unless another staff member wants to take over and start it at his/her own time. The format will be Krusty Krushers vs Good Noodles in a Trivia Contest to end all Trivia Contests. The winning team will win a very special reward.

-Last time I checked, we were considering having a Turn Table Party for those who have access to it. However, I don't know if that is official or not. :P

That's all for now. We are less than 36 hours away from this celebration. Get excited people! :D