• Advertisement

Important Notice to DirecTV Users

Jjs Goodman

Bottom line. These corporate big wigs are acting like 4th graders. They should just have a meeting, work out a friendly solution that's mutual, and put everything back in its rightful place. But noooo. They're rich, greedy "fat cats" and if they don't get what they want, everything turns to turmoil.

I was going to break the news today just now, but you all must be the ultimate die-hards (like me) because already there are 2 pages worth of complaints in just one day! o.o

Anyway, I didn't know a THING about this until I just went to Nick.com, and you can close this, but there is a splash ad about DirecTV THAT Mr. Dr. Proffesor Patrick posted. Go to Nick.com and see what I mean..... :unsure:

And yes, bad timing for DirecTV SB fans who are wanting to check out some of Season 8's last episodes!

Luckily, here in Richmond everyone has FiOS so we don't hear nothin' :rolleyes:

Also, I agree. Viacom is being childish and should just hook back up all of its channels. It is just irritating DirecTV's customers, causing disputes, and probably making DirecTV lose profit (from what I can guess, die-hard Nick fans will probably switch if it's permanent....)

EDIT: Make that THREE pages of complaints in one day!!! :unsure:

Viacom. STOP SHOOTING YOURSELF IN THE BLOODY FOOT! As said, this lollipop fight is getting ridiculous enough, and Viacom's is giving no support to any of this, just some kind of backlash, as if they're trying to pick a fight. Viacom would hopefully pull hairs and give out wet willies while they're at it with their dispute with DirecTV.

From DirecTV's FB page:

No Drama, Let’s Deal: Viacom can’t get anyone to believe they’re not the ones responsible for cutting off DIRECTV customers’ channels Tuesday night, and then less than 12 hours later, denying everyone in America from getting their top hits for free online. Rather than listen, Viacom’s turning up the volume on a planned radio blitz across top US cities to interrupt everyone’s weekend. Moms and dads are already fed up with Viacom using SpongeBob and Dora to frighten their children. Viacom’s full-page newspaper ads featuring Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert talking about people’s freedom’ fell completely flat when Viacom themselves shut down both TV and Internet access to those very same shows. Consumer protection and free speech advocate Public Knowledge decried their “overreaction as unprecedented.”

Rather than ramp up the propaganda in newspaper ads and radio spots, all we want is to get the channels back on air without an unfair increase to customer bills. We want to enable our customers to enjoy programming, not deny it, so we’ve added 8 new Encore services and opened up PBS Sprout, The Hub, TV One, Fuse and other programming to hopefully help offset some of the inconvenience this has caused.

Viacom just needs to grow up and stop with the misleading propaganda, no one is buying it, and focus their efforts at the negotiating table.

Well, thinks aren't going as rancid as yesterday. No backdraft/lash from Viacom or DirecTV, no immature tactics, no further propaganda, everybody is still stark raven mad, but I'm a little modest about this. Of course, I still have one question. Who's truthful and who's the one being dishonest? The dispute is still ridiculous, but there's little news swarming around today, and it should stay like that. Still, if this dispute is still not going smoothly and might me more horrid or immature, I may never watch Nickelodeon again, along with all the other shows owned by Viacom. It's a bad sacrifice to make, but IF Viacom is still going to act as greedy immature brats...whatever will be will be, whilst my money will be on Disney and Cartoon Network. Definately, I'd still be intact with Spongebob. Bottom line, WE JUST WANT OUR CHANNELS BACK!

Oh, and hooray for my 4 month wait for Disney Junior!

We still have access to MTV Latin America over here but not the U.S version, the same with Nick.

But what's interesting to say about this matter is that Viacom keeps putting pressure on Directv to give in to their demands but at the same time Directv seems to have similar interests. After all, they are both multi-billion dollar companies that would do anything for a dime. But in all of this, I kind of agree with Directv more since they are staying loyal to their customers and are in negotiations to bring back the channels; at least according to the CEO.

Well, this is sure surprising news to come back to from vacation. Wow, i've lost all fate in Viacom. Oh, why couldn't Warner Brothers have kept Nickelodeon, MTV,etc.? Viacom, you are mean, big fat jerks who could care less about anything but money. I am surprised that you are doing this at all. I'm just glad AT&T isn't affected by this. Otherwise, It would have been goodbye AT&T U-Verse. Well, my consoldences are with all you Direct TVers out there. I hope you get Nickelodeon back soon. :)

Hey guys, remember when Nick beat Disney and Cartoon Network on a daily basis? Those days are over. Nick has offficially dropped to third.

Live + Same Day Ratings Kids Cable Network Averages (000) for Thursday, July 12, 2012, 6am-11pm, ranked by K2-11:

DISNEY CHANNEL: K2-11 1329; K6-11 863; TWEENS 9-14 655

CARTOON NETWORK: K2-11 790; K6-11 523; TWEENS 9-14 425

NICKELODEON: K2-11 607; K6-11 385; TWEENS 9-14 345

DISNEY XD: K2-11 330; K6-11 271; TWEENS 9-14 253

NICKTOONS: K2-11 69; K6-11 46; TWEENS 9-14 44

Cartoon Network hasn't beaten Nick like that......well, ever. And, no doubt, it was because of this whole Viacom/DirecTV debacle. Stupidity at it's finest, on both parts. I imagine DirecTV has lost a lot lately as well.