• Advertisement

Important Notice to DirecTV Users

Jjs Goodman

Viacom SUCKS. Granted, I have IO and not affected, but that's messed up for the people who do have DirecTV, like my grandparents. I honestly cannot believe this... -_- .

this is madness

Actually....

21889435.jpg

Anyway, now that that's out of my system, ( :P lolz had to do it) I think that Viacom and DirecTV have killed themselves. Viacom has revealed themselves to be the money grubbing jerks everyone knew they already were. And, DirecTV has lost the channels that probably got them the best ratings (MTV, Vh1, Comedy Central, TV Land, Nick). I don't know how this'll turn out, but it's pretty much a staring contest between Viacom and DirecTV.

Someone's gotta blink sometime. Once they compromise, this'll blow over. However, until the staring contest ends, things aren't looking good.

• Like 1

Viacom should just bend over backwards and comply with DTV wanting to supply their channels as their viewers request them instead of offering them all in some huge bundle. Viacom has a wide array of channels to offer that not everyone watches. They'll still make bank from Nick, MTV, Comedy Central etc. They could just hike it up a bit for each individual channel if they feel even more money hungry. Its something worth looking into for them if they want to salvage anything at all. I just feel sorry for the consumers if DTV gives in to Viacom's demands because more than likely that money is coming out of their bills.

• Like 1

Viacom should just bend over backwards and comply with DTV wanting to supply their channels as their viewers request them instead of offering them all in some huge bundle. Viacom has a wide array of channels to offer that not everyone watches. They'll still make bank from Nick, MTV, Comedy Central etc. They could just hike it up a bit for each individual channel if they feel even more money hungry. Its something worth looking into for them if they want to salvage anything at all. I just feel sorry for the consumers if DTV gives in to Viacom's demands because more than likely that money is coming out of their bills.

That speech was beautiful.

I feel pretty bad about this since I use Directv and it also affects Puerto Rico and some Latin American countries. This is what happens when companies get greedy over some rights; if you want the best of the benefits from a channel that you like, you might as well suffer the demands of those companies looking for the almighty dollar. Its sad that this is happening but hopefully some time in the future they will be able to air them again if they get the rights to do so. Such a shame...

This was made by Viacom, no joke:

5d9b1a56.jpg

This is really bad business... :angry:

Are you lying? That's messed up of Viacom

But so freaking funny xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I just can't help but bring up the fact how AMC always brings up their situation with Dish Network on their bumpers.

"Available on cable and satellite. NOT AVAILABLE ON DISH."

This also reminds me of the current dispute going on with our ABC affiliate and Time Warner, with our ABC affiliate demanding a supposed (and whopping) 300% increase. I'm glad Time Warner is holding out because that just sounds ridiculous.

As for this situation, yeah, wtf Viacom?