• Advertisement

Wumbo's Somewhat Informed Opinions on Music

Wumbo

^ Yeah all these country songs are getting kinda tiring. I would welcome blast from the past songs. Like for example, you could review songs of the summer from previous years ;).

Okay, so I had another idea to spice things up a little here. Instead of simply reviewing songs, I'm going to focus on a specific category, and pick the Top 5 or so. Categories can be requested at any time, but I'm only doing one per week. Here's an example:

Top 5 #1 Hits of the Summer

5. I’ll Be Missing You - Puff Daddy and Faith Evans ft. 112 (1997, June 14-August 23)

In March 1997, The Notorious B.I.G. was shot and killed. Now, I can't say I was the biggest fan of Biggie, but there's no doubt that he was one of the biggest names in gangsta rap of the 90's, and along with 2pac's death in '96, his death struck a blow for the genre. This song was made to commemorate him, and it is arguably the biggest hit of 1997, staying on the top position for nearly the entire summer. For good reason, too. It's a lovely dedication to the late rapper, and that's why it's made #5 on my list.

(Side note: It was very hard for me to pick between this and

by The Police. I knew I couldn't have both songs on there because one samples the other, and that's just a bit too much of the same. But consider "Every Breath You Take" my #6.)

4. Light My Fire - The Doors (1967, July 29-August 12)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=HUm15jxuMvM

The Doors were one of the biggest bands in the 60's, and this was possibly their biggest song. Dominating the charts for a couple weeks in late July/early August, it has some of Jim Morrison's greatest vocals near the end, and the instrumental through the song is just great stuff. "Come on baby, light my fire" is simple, yet it's a classic line. This song just proves how much of a shame it is that Jim Morrison was taken too soon, because this band could have done a lot more great things.

3. Promiscuous - Nelly Furtado ft. Timbaland (2006, July 8-August 12)

In 2000, Nelly Furtado broke through into the mainstream with her hit

She had a couple other hits off the same album, but it wasn't until 2006 until she had a chart-topper with "Promiscuous". And what a chart-toppere it is, dominating the charts for nearly all of July and some of August. This song is just one of the ultimate party songs. I love the lyrics, I'll admit it. "Is that the truth or are you talking trash, is your game MVP like Steve Nash?" That shit's just awesome. I also enjoy the random cameo by Justin Timberlake in the video. Really, I'm just wishing that Nelly would make more songs like this, less like

2. Give Me Everything - Pitbull ft. Ne-Yo, Afrojack, and Nayer (2011, July 9)

This song was somewhat overshadowed by a bigger summer song in the year of 2011. While the summer was mostly dominated by party rockin', this song only hit the top spot for one week. But if I had to pick a better song, I'd pick this one. It's probably the only Pitbull song that I enjoy (I don't even think he calls himself "MR. WORLDWIIIIIDE" in this one), and for good reason: It's catchy, fun, and actually has decent lyrics! IMO, it's deserving of the title "Summer Anthem of 2011". Sorry LMFAO.

1. Unbelievable - EMF (1991, July 20)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=waacof2saZw

Like Pitbull, this song was grossly overshadowed by another summer hit. Now, I'm a big Bryan Adams fan, and I can see why "Everything I Do (I Do it for You)" was a big hit. It is by no means a bad song (maybe a little on the sappy side), but it doesn't scream "summer" for me. "Unbelievable" does the exact opposite. This is everything a summer song should be: it's catchy, it makes you want to get up and dance, and it has a great hook. This was EMF's only really big hit in the US, but man, what a hit it was. It's one of my favourite songs of all time, and for those reasons, it tops my Top 5 summer #1 hits.

Apologies for the late entry. I was without a computer for the entire weekend. Here's the slightly late installment!

As Long as You Love Me - Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber's songs appear to be following a certain pattern on the charts. That is, spend one week fairly close to the top, then drop into oblivion. I'm fairly new to following the charts, so I don't know if this is normal for him or what, but as long as his songs keep doing this, I must keep reviewing them. So be it. This song is just average, at best. Nothing to get excited about (unless you're a 12-year-old girl). The rap cameo by Big Sean is just kind of "eh", compounded with the stupid lyric "there are a couple things I can't spell without U", or you, or whatever. Just another mediocre love song by the one who knows them best, Justin Bieber. Move along folks, nothing to see here!

Bottom Line: As long as he keeps making these songs, I will keep going "meh".

Rating: 5.5/10

Let's Go - Calvin Harris ft. Ne-Yo

I know I've kind of been negative about Calvin Harris thus far, but this song is somewhat decent. Usually though, it's the singer that makes it possible. I've always found Ne-Yo to be a good addition to songs made by otherwise bad/mediocre artists (coughGiveMeEverythingcough). I don't know, he may just be the duct tape of the music industry today. And Lord knows we need a lot of it. So yeah, this is a good song. I'm not sure if Harris had much to do with it, but who cares?

Bottom Line: Let's go listen to more.

Rating: 7.5/10

One Thing - One Direction

I'll tell you this, faithful readers: I don't know what I was smoking when I gave What Makes You Beautiful an 8/10. That song's just as irritating as Glad You Came, if not more. This song is more of the same drivel as can only be expected from Jonas Brother clones. Yeah, okay, we get it guys. You're sexually frustrated, so you write these songs to compensate. Well, stop it. Just stop.

Bottom Line: I don't know what it is that these guys have, but it ain't musical talent.

Rating: 3/10

We Run the Night - Havana Brown ft. Pitbull

So after some One Direction drivel, we get some techno whatever. These songs are all starting to sound the same to me. It doesn't help that Pitbull, music's quintessential parasite, is now Havana's right-hand-man. There's nothing horribly bad about this song, it's just that I feel as though I've heard it all before. Perhaps I should retire from doing this.

Naaaah.

Bottom Line: This song wouldn't really run my night, or ruin it.

Rating: 6.5/10

You Don't Know Her Like I Do - Brantley Gilbert

Oh, speaking of songs sounding the same... meet generic country song #723. To be fair, this is slightly better than the country I'm used to, but that doesn't make it amazing. Which is pretty much the norm for country. Bland, forgettable, tepid music. I can't really be that much more bothered to write that much more. All I'll say is that they should take every male solo country artist, ever, and change all their names to Cowboy Blandsville. Why not? They all sound the same.

Bottom Line: This song isn't interesting, so why should I make a pun that is?

Rating: 6/10

Tune in soon for the Top 5 Female Singers in Rock!

Okay, here we go. This was a very tough list to compile, and I had to leave out some of my favourites (who will be mentioned in the Honourable Mentions). Without further ado, the Top 5 Female Singers in Rock!

5. Ann Wilson (Heart)

There's no denying that Ann's vocals are a prime factor in what makes Heart so great. When it was necessary to belt it out, she always delivered. You could feel the raw emotion in her voice, whether the song was pure classic rock or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAfxs0IDeMs, Ann's vocals were always spot-on. And hey, Heart is still going fairly strong, with an album recently entering the Billboard Top 10 in 2010. Great band with a great vocalist.

Wumbo's Pick:

(1976, also Heart's debut single)

4. Chrissie Hynde (The Pretenders)

I would argue that The Pretenders were one of the most unique rock bands out there in the late 70's and 80's. And part of that can be attributed to Chrissie's unique voice. The Pretenders had a

range of songs, and Chrissie's voice nailed each one of them. I just love her voice (and the Pretenders' sound in general) because it's not quite punk, and it's not quite classic rock either. It's somewhere in between, and being a fan of all types of rock, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Wumbo's Pick:

(1979)

3. Dolores O'Riordan (The Cranberries)

Now let's take a journey across the Atlantic to visit Ireland. As many of you probably know, Ireland has another quite prolific singer to add to its name. But being that he lacks female qualities, he's out of the running. Now Dolores, on the other hand, is all Irish, and all female. The Cranberries were one of my favourite bands of the 90's, and, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, part of it can be attributed to the singer. Once again, Dolores' voice is unique and it has great range. My definition of a great singer is one who can hit both highs and lows, and Dolores can certainly do both. Great band, great singer. Not much left to say.

Wumbo's Pick:

(1994)

2. Courtney Love (Hole)

I'll admit, this probably will seem like a strange pick to some. After all, isn't Courtney Love mostly famous for being married to Kurt Cobain and getting involved with conspiracy theories regarding his death? Well, she had her controversy, but I'll tell you another thing she also has: a voice. Hole wasn't one of my favourite bands from the best decade ever (re: 90's), but Courtney Love's voice definitely stood out for me. Once again, some of her songs proved that she had a great range and great emotion in her voice, two things I look for. Their biggest hit was arguably http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3dWBLoU--E, but while a good song, I don't think it shows off Courtney's vocal chops as much as the song I've posted below.

Wumbo's Pick:

(1995)

1. Johnette Napolitano (Concrete Blonde)

Okay, I may have outdone myself here. After all, Concrete Blonde isn't exactly the most popular band. And that's a crying shame, because they're a great band with a great vocalist. She probably has the one of the best ranges I've ever heard on a female vocalist. It's almost like she's two different singers, in the best way possible. Their biggest hit was "Joey", making it into the Billboard Top 20, a feat they never achieved again. Hell, they never reached the Hot 100 again. But with songs like Starships cracking the Top 10, who are we to use Billboard charts as a reference for good music? Anyway, I've probably blathered on enough here, so I'll leave you with the song.

Wumbo's Pick:

(1990)

Honourable Mentions: Gwen Stefani (No Doubt), Stevie Nicks, Pat Benetar, Alanis Morrisette, Shirley Manson (Garbage), Care Failure (Die Mannequin)

If you think this crazy kook has left a singer out, feel free to comment with your own opinions!

All rise for the knee-jerk song opinions of President Bush!

No Lie - 2 Chainz ft. Drake

"WOW, DRAKE IS SO DEEP AND HIS LYRICS ARE SO MEANINGFUL."

...Yeah, no. Believe it or not, people actually say this although Drake churns out the same bullshit as most rappers nowadays. And this song is a perfect example. I know that he's not the main rapper in this one (that "honour" goes to the infamous 2 Chainz), but he's just as responsible for this song reeking of shit. Drake's lyrics appear to be nothing more than "let's see how many times we can cram the N-word into this song". Shameful, shameful, shameful. Awful song, awful artists.

Bottom Line: No lie, this song sucks. (GET IT BECAUSE IT'S CALLED NO LIE)

Rating: 0/10

One More Night - Maroon 5

Hmm, so after a great song in "Payphone", Maroon 5 comes out with this one. And I don't think it's that great, or at least not as great as "Payphone" was. Adam Levine's voice can get grating at times, but that's the only major gripe I have with this one. It's not too much worse than "Payphone", but I'd definitely pick the one over the other. At least "One More Night" doesn't have a rap interlude by Wiz concerning his cars and how he plays basketball and he gets money and spends it or whatever. Overall, decent enough song, I guess, but 5's had much better.

Bottom Line: Will it take one more night for me to appreciate this song more? Only time will tell!

Heart Attack - Trey Songz

Y'know, the only time I ever heard Trey Songz before this song was that dreadful

collaboration with everyone's favourite artist, Nicki Minaj. Needless to say, I wasn't too excited to listen to this song. But then I listened to it, because, y'know, it's part of the blog, and... wow. That was actually pretty good. I mean, it wasn't amazing or anything, but it was pretty amazing considering my Trey Songz expectations. So, uh, good job Trey. Best song in this installment so far.

Bottom Line: You nearly gave me a heart attack of surprise.

Rating: 8/10

(Kissed You) Good Night - Gloriana

I'm sure there's a psychological explanation for this (I think it's called the Lullaby Effect?), but as I review country song after country song, I grow more accepting of them. I mean, I know this song's pretty much the same as every other one. But for some reason, it doesn't leave me with a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe I've grown more accepting to this genre of music. Oh Lord, there's a scary thought. But then I'm reminded that I've heard Nicki Minaj umpteen times and still loathe her, so maybe I just stumbled upon an above-average country song. Whatever the case, I can't grade this too harshly.

Bottom Line: Slightly less "meh".

Want You Back - Cher Lloyd ft. Astro

So, do you ever find yourself in two minds about a song? On the one hand, this song is pretty damn catchy. On the other, it has its fair share of problems. For example, what's with the "HUUUH!" at the end of every line? It's very irritating. And another thing: Exactly how old are Astro and Cher Lloyd? I know they were both on the X Factor or something, but it's a tad strange to see what appears to be a 13-year-old at the oldest singing about how he wants his... I'm gonna say early 20s?... girl back with him. Overall, decent enough song, but not enough for me to give it a great grade.

Bottom Line: I don't really want you on my playlist that badly.

Rating: 7/10

Good Time - Owl City ft. Carly Rae Jepsen

I think my feelings for Carly Rae Jepsen have been well articulated already, but how do I feel about Owl City? Well, let me tell you. I absolutely HATE this artist. Fireflies is one of the most irritating songs on the planet, and because almost all of his songs sound like Fireflies, he is one of the most irritating artists on the planet. So I wasn't excited to listen to this song. But hey, give 'em a chance, right? So I did.

This song is actually fairly decent for both of them. I'm strangely impressed. It's nothing that good, but I would probably listen to it again.

Bottom Line: Listening to this song is a good time.

Whistle - Flo Rida

God Almighty, but this song is creepy. I mean, I never want to blow a whistle ever again after hearing this, certainly not one of Flo Rida's. I mean, he just wrote a song about a blow job, in case it wasn't painfully obvious. What creeps me out most is the line "You just put your lips together and you come real close". If it had been anyone but Flo Rida singing this, any girl would have flocked in the opposite direction. But it's Flo Rida, and he has muscles, so it's okay, right? Well, let me tell you something. It's not okay. It's just not. Go back to generic partying songs, Flo. Oh, and apparently he discovered autotune. Yay?

Bottom Line: I might have to whistle to get this filth out of my head.

Pontoon - Little Big Town

I'm pretty much a sucker for whatever effect a band uses so the singer's voice sounds echo-y. They use a lot of that effect in this song, and it's pretty much the saving grace for a country song, I guess. It's not a bad little song, really. It's not generic country, it's something a little different. I like it. Give it a listen, country haters! I did.

Bottom Line: This little song left a fairly big impression.
Rating: 8.5/10

Burn it Down - Linkin Park

Man, I love Linkin Park. I'm glad they're back with a new album, especially with songs like this. Out of all the rap/rock out there (and really, with Limp Bizkit as competition, it's not that hard), this is my favourite group that does so. I must say that IO likew the songs with Mike Shinoda (the rapper) better than without. Without, the songs are usually still http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g8v45du-ZA, but I feel as though they're missing something. This song has Mike Shinoda, which is a plus. It's also a Linkin Park song, which is a plus. They definitely have a different sound now than before (pick up a copy of Hybrid Theory and you may wonder if it's the same band), but I don't mind electronic music as long as it's done right. And these guys do do it right. Kudos to them for another awesome song.

Bottom Line: Linkin Park pretty much burned its competition again.
Rating: 10/10

Lemme See - Usher ft. Rick Ross

Well, we end on a "meh" note. There's nothing wrong with this song, really. Its biggest crime is just being horribly generic, which is the case for a lot of songs today. Of course, that doesn't mean I'll like the song, either. It's just another "guuurrrrl get into mah bed because I wanna have sex with yooouuuu"-type song, which by this point, have kind of numbed me. It doesn't help that this is Usher, who is capable of better than this. I'm kind of disappointed with him, and impressed by Rick Ross (and that's all you need to know about my feelings for him... for now).

Bottom Line: Lemme see something different.
Rating: 5/10

Actually Owl City is a project in a way. Yes it is just one guy, but he is usually supported by a group of musicians that do back-up vocals, guitars, drums, etc. Plus it's electronic music, what do you expect. Not much variety :P. That being said, I am actually kind of a fan of his. He reminds me a lot of The Postal Service (look 'em up. Especially the song Such Great Heights, one of my favorite songs ever.)

But yeah, I looked up that song with Carly Rae Jepsen and I listened to a few times. Insanely catchy and I think it's only a matter of time until they start to overplay the hell out of it. :P

Warning: If you don't like country, get out while you still can. If only I could.

Wanted - Hunter Hayes

All right, let's review the most boring genre of all time, essentially. Starting with this song. This is actually one of the better country songs I've heard. It's nothing special (as usual), but it is kind of sweet, and it isn't as shallow as some country songs (coughSomethinboutatruckcough). Decent enough to merit a decent grade.

Bottom Line: I don't really want this song, but it's not too bad.

Angel Eyes - Love and Theft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOvyymFaFs4

Now this is exactly what I don't like about country. After the first line ("She likes whiskey with her water"), I knew it was just gonna be another "Boy howdy, that girl sure likes the alcohol! I like girls and alcohol! I should write a song!" Please, country artists. Fort Christ's sake. If you insists on using the same tune all the time, can you not use the same carbon-copy lyrics over and over again? We get it. Sometimes you meet a girl in a bar, and you're both piss drunk and in love. That doesn't mean we need to hear the same subject matter over and over again.

Bottom Line: This song is more devil than angel for me.

Beers Ago - Toby Keith

All right, last country song of the week. What is it with Billboard and country anyway? Isn't there an entire freakin' chart dedicated to this genre? Why does it have to dominate the main chart as well? Back to the song, I guess. Look, it's just another song about getting piss drunk and doing crazy shit or whatever. Country songs must be ridiculously easy to write. You just have to have one of those country voices, be able to play a couple strings of a guitar, and you're golden. God, this genre is so freakin' boring.

Bottom Line: I wonder how many beers I would have to take to enjoy this.

Rating: Yawn/10

Tongue Tied - Grouplove

Good, we're out of the country part of the charts. Now it's time to review some review some real music. This song is a pretty good song. I was actually convinced that it was going to be another country song after seeing it on Billboard, and I'm pleasantly surprised that it wasn't. It's still nothing to get me out of my chair, but it's a decent enough song that it gets a decent grade. Great, now I'm becoming as repetitive as country.

Bottom Line: I'm not tongue tied, but it's still good.

Blow Me (One Last Kiss) - P!nk

P!nk is a great artist, and I'm glad to see her coming back with a new album. I was excited to hear this song for the first time, but I'll be honest: It kind of disappointed me. I guess I was expecting something amazing, and I got something less than that. Whatever, it happens. There are only a couple things I find wrong with this song, which are that P!nk's voice gets a little too high at some parts, and that "I'VE HAD A SHIT DAY YOU'VE HAD A SHIT DAY" gets tiresome in every chorus. Still a great song, but I've

from her. Here's hoping I get to hear a better single soon.

Bottom Line: P!nk didn't blow it, but she can do better.

Too Close - Alex Care

This is an awesome song. I love the guy's voice, I love the music, and the lyrics are good as well. At first I thought it was supposed to be a cover of Next's
from 1998, a song which I'm not particularly fond of, so I was pleasantly surprised when I found out it was an original song. And what an original song it is. It's a nice breath of fresh air in this declining industry called music.

Bottom Line: This song can never be too close to my ears.

Chasing the Sun - The Wanted

Sometimes the charts just aren't fair. Why does The Wanted get to have Glad You Came on here twice? Oh, this is a different song? Didn't notice. If anything, the lyrics here are even stupider than Glad You Came. "You'll find us chasing the sun"? What in the name of sanity does that even mean? All I can picture is this group of knobs literally trying to chase the sun and catch it, with girls just watching and rolling their eyes. And while that is an amusing image, it doesn't change the fact that this sounds a lot like their previously crappy song.

Bottom Line: Maybe The Wanted should chase the sun, it would save me from their next song.
Rating: 4.5/10

Over - Blake Shelton

You know, I'm kind of sick of sounding like a broken record when I talk about country. So let me break tradition and say that this is a fairly decent song. It still suffers from sounding a lot like a generic country song, but I guess that's a given. I actually haven't heard any work from Blake Shelton until now, I just knew that he was a judge on The Voice and extrapolated that he was a country artist given his drawl and his marriage to Miranda Lambert. Shameful stereotyping, I know. But I was right, right? Anyway, this song is decent, but it is still a country song that doesn't really break any boundaries, so I'm not jumping out of my chair.

Bottom Line: Maybe I should get over my hatred for country. Maybe.

Dark Side - Kelly Clarkson

I recently bought Kelly Clarkson's album "Stronger", and this was the song that convinced me to buy it. Kelly Clarkson is a stellar artist with an exceptional voice. One of the few times that American Idol knew exactly what they were doing. This song is a nice change from her usual subject matter. It still deals with a loved one, but it goes a little deeper in the admittance of her dark side and asking if this man still loves her despite it. Beautiful song. I command you to listen to it if you haven't already.

Bottom Line: There's definitely no dark side to this one.

Take it to the Head - DJ Khaled ft. Chris Brown, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj, & Lil Wayne (what a dream team if I ever saw one)

I try not to pay attention to the lyrics of these songs anymore, but I just have to ask: is this another blow job song? I can't really think of any other interpretation of "take it to the head", but if someone can give me one, much appreciated. Anyways what can I really say? It's like someone decided to create a collage of my least favourite artists today (I'll give DJ the benefit of the doubt, however). Just toss in Rihanna, Ke$ha, Pitbull and Drake and you're all set. So I really wasn't expecting much from this song, which is why I probably didn't hate it as much as I should have. I know it's all crap, but it didn't reek as much for me this time. Whatever, fuck Nicki Minaj, let's call it a day.

Bottom Line: Take it to the bin (trash, that is).
Rating: 3.5/10

Take a Little Ride - Jason Aldean

*sigh* Another week, another country song. You all know it sounds the same to me, right? You all know I find it horrendously dull, right? Well, this song isn't going to make me change my mind. It's all the same stuff. If you don't like country music, then this won't make you change your mind either.

Bottom Line: I'd like to take a little ride to a different part of the charts.

Rating: 4/10

Settle Down - No Doubt

No Doubt is back, baby! Don't get me wrong, I like Gwen Stefani's solo work as well (for the most part, I mean, she does have that Hollaback Girl song), but it's so great to see an awesome 90's band reunited. I find this song to be more reminiscent of some of their early 00's work, such as http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt1YkGO2Ieo. It's a little more poppy than I expect from No Doubt, but it's still good to have them back. I'm only hoping they get back up to

levels of awesomeness and show the majority of artists today how to make a song.

Bottom Line: There's no doubt that the music industry has gotten a little better.

Ho Hey - The Lumineers

Now, here's a weird musical quirk about me: I dislike country music, but I don't mind folk music. I think the difference is that folk music doesn't require a thick southern accent, and the lyrics can be more varied than "I had this beer and went to my truck and I met a girl blah blah blah". Anyway, decent song. I've heard better songs, but I've definitely heard worse as well.

Bottom Line: Ho hey, this song's okay.

Little Talks - Of Monsters and Men

Pretty good song. At first, I actually found it similar to the previous song, they both start out with "hey"s. But they're obviously different styles when you actually listen to them. Anyway, I like the music and the vocals here. I don't know, I can't find much more to say about this song, other than it's good.

Bottom Line: There's little talk about this song here, but maybe there should be more.

Time is Love - Josh Turner

Start with a country song, end with a country song. This entry has come around full circle. Except this one is actually fairly decent, as it somewhat deals with bigger issues than where they're getting their next beer from. I mean, it still has that annoying country sound, but it does have a little guitar solo that I find somewhat charming. I don't know, I'm conflicted. Do I stick to my roots or branch out and say that I like this song a little. It's never stopped me before, so yes, I like this song, somewhat.

Bottom Line: It wasn't a waste of time.

BONUS SONG (as requested by Clappy): Birthday Song - 2 Chainz ft. Kanye West

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpZA8dkjcZI

All I want for my

Birthday is a big booty

Hoe

It doesn't work as a haiku, and it doesn't work as a song. Look guys, I really don't care how promiscuous you are, or how many girls you want to be buried next to when you die (*shudder*). But for the love of Mike, keep it out of your songs. I can't believe that Kanye West agreed to be featured in this garbage, he's better than this. 2012 has just been a disappointing year for me, Kanye-wise. The only thing I've liked from him so far this year is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJt7gNi3Nr4. 2 Chainz should be avoided liek the plague, yet Kanye now has

songs that I know of collaborating with him, both of which suck. Come on now. Anyway, this song is like any other family-friendly song: 2 Chainz wants a flirtatious and scandalous lady with exaggerated posterior for his birthday. Nothing wrong with that, right? That part's actually not my biggest problem with the song. The reason being that if I had to pick my biggest problem with this song, my brain would explode. And it appears that I've written at least twice as much for this song than any other one. Clappy should request songs more often.

Bottom Line: All I want for my next birthday is for this song to be erased out of my head.

Postcard From Paris - The Band Perry

Y'know, despite my dislike for country music, I actually don't have much of a problem with The Band Perry. I like the song "If I Die Young", and the rest of the stuff I've heard by them is pretty solid, including this song. I think what I like about "If I Die Young" is that the singer doesn't have a stereotypical country voice, with a Texan accent. That voice shows up a little here, but the song's good enough for me to ignore it.

Bottom Line: Decent for country music.

Truck Yeah - Tim McGraw

Haha, TRUCK yeah! Because truck sounds like fuck, and... you know what? This song's just too silly for me to dislike it. It's like the LMFAO of country music. It's almost like McGraw's parodying stupid country music. While I won't give him quite that much credit, I don't dislike this song, because it's not stupid, like "Somethin' 'Bout a Truck", but rather silly, like LMFAO's stuff. I won't give it top marks, but it's better than a lot of country that I've heard.

​Oh God I just gave two country songs in a row high grades I'm screwed now

Bottom Line: All I can say is... TRUCK YEAH!

Why Ya Wanna - Jana Kramer

Yet another country song? Sure, why not, they appear to be on a roll now. After two good country songs, we come to one that's just okay. I think I'm more lenient on female country singers than male country singers, simply because the accent annoys me less on the former. While this song's not amazing (it's country, HAW HAW AMIRITE?), it's decent. Anyway, time to err away from country and move into other territory (i.e. just plain stupid music).

Bottom Line: Why I don't wanna hate on this song? It's decent.

2 Reasons - Trey Songz ft. T.I.

OH, COME ON TREY SONGZ! I actually rate your last song highly, and THIS is how you repay me? That's it, no more free rides. If I had a dollar for every time you said "bitches and the drinks", i'd be a bloody millionaire. Do you think that makes good music? It doesn't. It really doesn't. I'm so sick of this bullshit, it all sounds the same, and it all sounds like crap. You'll have to really bounce back if you want to win my faith again, Trey.

Bottom Line: 2 reasons why not to listen to this song? It's stupid and it's repetitive.

Amen - Meek Mill ft. Drake

I am so done with current rap music or whatever the fuck this is. I actually like country more than this garbage, because country's main vice is being boring. This? This is... a curse upon humanity. Who lets these people release songs? I swear, if you took two current rap songs today, chances are that 75% of the lyrics will be exactly the same. I'm not Uncle Sam, but I WANT YOU to stop listening to this garbage. I want everybody to. Maybe then we can get some real rap back.

Bottom Line: God Almighty, this song sucks.

Rating: 0/10 (AMEN!)

take a break from da country and do reviews of other member's musical taste thread. like take one list they made with plentiful songs and then rate em and what ya think of them.

and if you do that please do mine first kiss and love dragiiin boulevard 123