• Advertisement

076a. The Thing

spongebobfan29

Honestly, I loved this episode. I think there were several things that were funny, and it was plenty memorable for me. I chuckled several times during the beginning, where all the bits there were really funny.

10/10

I hate this piece of trash so much. Let's start with the plot-Terrible and abusive. The humor is nonexistent, once again. Also, if I remember correctly, zoos were made for people to see and animals they can't normally see and how they live, not to imprison animals so people can point and jeer at their oddity. GOT THAT WRITERS? The only good thing is the reference to Once Bitten, a good-but-not-great episode. "He only bites Squidward." That was a nice touch. Everything else was just awful. The best character was Squidward, and everyone else I couldn't stand. In conclusion, this episode was terrible, and I can't stand it at all, the only good thing being the reference to Once Bitten.

• Like 1

I really hated this episode. It's a lot worse than Good Neighbors and Squid Wood in my opinion but It's still a little better than Squid's Visit (worst Squid abuse episode). It wasn't just a Squid abuse episode, It was also boring and unfunny. I really felt bad for Squidward in this episode. In my opinion, the only funny parts were Gary attacking Smelly (Squidward) and Patrick screaming and calling the Animal Control when Smelly (Squidward) threw the ball at Patrick. SpongeBob and Patrick were okay in this episode, except at the begining because they were annoying. It's one of my least favorite season 4 episodes and one of the worst SpongeBob episodes in my opinion. 2/10

This is one of my favourites. The entire episode is hilarious, and I really don't care for this so called squid-abuse? What's that all about.. As long as it's funny I don't have a problem with it. Remember Tom and Jerry? ;)  People used to love that, so I don't see why it's a problem now. Do we really feel bad for a cartoon character? We all know Squidward's a jerk when he wins (Skill Crane).

Final rating 9,6/10

• Like 1

Yeah..... this is another opinion my dumb 11-year-old self had. This episode put plainly, is just terrible. It's nothing but an awful remake of Jellyfishing, except that the squid abuse here is completely unjustifiable and that's basically all it is. Squid literally does NOT catch a single break throughout this whole episode, including at the end when it actually looks like he might! (Interestingly enough, him dancing with the look-alike creatures is probably the highlight of the episode for me, but only because of the fact that it's literally the only brief moment in the episode where something nice and happy happens to squidward. It's a nice few seconds to watch). And the episode is just plain unfunny, outside of the endangered species joke as well as maybe one or two other minor jokes. There's a few things (which I've already mentioned) that help keep this episode from being completely abysmal, but it is still absolutely dreadful.

2.5/10 , and I think I might even be being a bit too generous with this score. All That Glitters is the only episode this season that sucked more.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1