• Advertisement

South Park

dragiiin123

1 hour ago, Dr. WhoBob said:

I've heard Hillary will be president in new ep. So i guess SP's predictions about who was gonna win the election failed this time.

They always have a backup plan trust me.  South Park had one for the previous two election based episodes and I'm 100% positive they will make Mr. Garrison president.

EDIT: And now its pretty much confirmed thanks to this new preview clip.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clappy said:

They always have a backup plan trust me.  South Park had one for the previous two election based episodes and I'm 100% positive they will make Mr. Garrison president.

EDIT: And now its pretty much confirmed thanks to this new preview clip.

Saw that clip, laughed out loud. Definitely gave me a boost in my mood from the nightmare that was today.

My thoughts on Members Only

Spoiler

South Park is great again (hehehehe) with this excellent episode. Holy crap, so much to say.

- Memberberries are the best EVER. I lost my mind when they started to attack White House and just party there, sing Toto and memer the good times. And old memberberries omfg. This is gonna be a bloodbath between memberberries. BRING IT ON.

- Before I talk about Garrison as a whole in this episode, how Garrison said that PC Principal firing him made him this. Even if unintentionally PC Principal made Garrison who he is today and the creator really tied in both seasons together. That couldn't have been more impressive.

- I love how Garrison, the guy who hated Canadian Trump and raped him to death, is 100% Trump now. That couldn't be more ironic. I also love how they compared Trump (Garrison) to Darth Vader. Playing Vader's theme and reference to classic Star Wars moment when Vader's helmet was put on were just perfect.

- I'm glad they didn't riff on The Force Awakens this time. That really got old for sure.

- Poor Ike got grounded, thanks to Gerald. :( Thank goodness Kyle actually realized that it was his dad that trolled the girls. Now Gerald will get more karma.

- Gerald was an absolute jerk in this episode. Making Ike the troll but it worked cuz once again Gerald is just an a-hole for sake of it.

- Butters joining Cartman with whole "girls are smart and funny" is weird but it brought back classical Butters and Cartman's disliked relationship.

- I think the whole UK situation in this episode was a nod to UK quitting EU. Correct me if i'm wrong.

- World War 3 is happening in last 2 episodes???? If so, count me in.

After a disappointing episode last week, this season is once again back on track. Now two weeks until second last episode and I'm more hyped about this than ads and hologram storylines in previous season. Best episode of this season. Nothing else to say more.

Grade: A

Not Funny thoughts

Spoiler

Man it was a great episode but it just worries me how are they gonna finish all plots in 22 minutes. The entire episode just focused on trolling, not on memberberries and rarely on boys vs girls subplot. overstuffing so many subject was kind of an issue for this season for sure. If there's one thing that South Park hasn't done correctly with it's story arcs is that they haven't found a way to tie in so well. Season 18 ended poorly and season 19 could have ended better for sure. So hopefully season finale will win me because I've been enjoying this season, less than season 19 but still I don't wanna get disappointed in the conclusion. I'll say tho, the entire twist of Bedrager actually wanting to troll the entire world by starting ww3 is pretty surprising. Hopefully memberberries will team up with Danish people cuz I just want more of memberberries, plus connecting memberberries to Danish people will help plots to resolve better. Rest of the episode was pretty funny with Mr. Slave having cameo and manulipating Garrison, Kyle's mom acting like a ***** to her kids, Ike swearing to his mom, Ike telling Kyle he learned swearing like that from his dad and priest saying he has nothing bad he said online. I gotta say, I actually loved how they actually made Heidi smart in the end cuz Heidi would just end up like she's not smart or funny, yet Cartman implying she's smart and funny but instead she's actually smart, tho I would love if Matt and Trey add more her being funny too. I'm still so worried about how plots will resolve, they have so much stuff in table and eventually it'll be messy but hopefully it won't be. Overall, this wasn't as great as Members Only due to lack to memberberries and boys vs girls but still I loved it. PLEASE DON'T DISAPPOINT ME, SEASON FINALE.

Grade: A-

The End of Serialization as We Know It thoughts

Spoiler

Yep, I knew it. The season did not tie in everything together so well. That's what happens when you introduce so many plots in 10 episodes and later abandon some of plots in such a messy way. I don't know where to start.

- Memberberries were just there at the end. Looks like they'll be stick around for next season and I'm cool with that cuz in the end, they weren't such threats in this season. Yes, they made Garrison a president but Garrison wasn't even such a threat. I'm so disappointed cuz memberberries were highlight of this season and I wasn't pleased with them written off in this finale.

- Gerald is still an a-hole at the end. No character development or anything. Wow. That actatually pissed me off. I get this show is a comedy show and all but if you are gonna do a story arc revolving around making Gerald a jerk and in the end, he never learned anything from his mistakes, that's really awful status-quo. Plus making the guy who said horrible stuff online came out as a hero and his actions didn't have negative consequences made me facepalm. So it's okay to be hurtful for comedy but it's not okay to be hurtful for being evil? What the hell?

- I'm so disappointed Shelia did not find out his husband was a troll all along. Gerald did not deserve that hug at the end. :fred:

- So internet is deleted and now we have a new Internet, which completely deleted people's past mistakes, that was lame.

- Boys vs girl plot didn't go anywhere sadly. In the end, it was just nothing. Butters' narration about this didn't help cuz girls still don't know who was the troll and they will never know. In the end, that plot was not only wasted, how they handled badly.

- Heidi is still Cartman's gf? WHY?

- Now we are gonna wait for next season for 1 year. That sucks, especially now we have to wait for 1 year for what will memberberries do or not cuz the season was not executed so well. I just hope either continue with memberberries and ruin Gerald's life or go back to being episodic.

Well still, despite how messy and badly-executed it was, at least there were some good stuff that kept me entertained through.

- Kyle and Ike obv the best thing about the episode. I just loved how they were trolling everyone. Ike continues to be hilarious as hell with his swearing. Never change Ike.

- KENNY HAD A CAMEO. I MISSED HIM. EVEN THOUGH IT WAS JUST A CAMEO, AT LEAST SEEING KENNY MADE ME CHEER YESSSSSSSSSSSS. WRITE MORE ABOUT KENNY NEXT SEASON. PLEASE.

- Despite my feelings for Gerald coming on top at the end, him throwing Bedrager was so hilarious. Also the whole parodying that famous scene in The Empire Strikes Back was awesome and they didn't even play out that scene, just locations were same and Gerald and Bedrager being same. Well they are same, they are trolls with no heart.

- Kyle and Ike are mad at Gerald at least.

- Despite I hated how memberberries were written off from main storyline, all of them with Garrison at the end was kind of cute lel. I'll 'member them forever.

Episode Grade: C

Season Grade: B+

Despite how overstuffed it was and everything fell apart at the end, at least I appreciatef this show for being ballsy enough to at least tackle this intense election. This year was truly an experiment for South Park. I honesty don't think even if Hillary won, the season would end so well. Well better than Trump being president but still this season had too much or maybe it'd end up well. Who knows? Oh well, at least I still laughed and enjoyed what I saw and memberberries are the best.

I just hope if they ever continue with story arcs, at least make it like season 19, which had each episodes on their own themes, while they still set stuff up. Well season 19 fell apart at the end too but at least all episodes were their own thing, I can't say same about this season but I still enjoyed season 20. Anyway, I enjoyed talking South Park this year with you guys. Lets hope for same next year <3

• Like 1

Yeah that season finale sucked in terms of wrapping everything up.  I don't know if Trump winning ruined everything they had planned, but Matt and Trey have been able to write themselves out of a corner before.  The outcome of this election is inexcusable for how the last FOUR episodes wrapped it all up or lack there of.  I emphasize the number four because that's enough time in continuity terms to figure things out.  Hell I actually prefer how Season 19 wrapped things up better to be honest because it didn't leave THIS MANY loose ends.

-Did we ever find out the point of Bill and Bill's Gentleman's Club?

-Dropping the JJ Abrams subplot entirely.

-The Memberberries, unless they are coming back next season, which even then I thought many elements from last season would come back but did not.

-Speaking of which are Garrison, Caitlyn Jenner, and Stan's family still under the influence of memberberries or are we suppose to have not membered that too?

-I highly doubt the gender war has to be over at the school because if so that being "wrapped up" sucks worse than the outcome of the Gerald trolling storyline ended.

-Cartman and Heidi are still together because...it's funny to watch Cartman realize Butters was right all along?

This season was just a mess.  I still thought it was decent for the most part, which a decent season of South Park is still plenty better than most of the shows I watch.  But I was expecting so much more and a lot better end game than what we got.  And if next season doesn't answer all these questions or just abandons them entirely and focuses on a new season long storyline, then this season won't hold up well.

• Like 2

I actually liked this season a lot and found the finale fine and all, but I'm actually starting to consider that having a double length season finale might not be a bad idea because it's clear Trey and Matt have a problem wrapping up multiple story arcs in 22 minutes, but then again I don't know if a double length episode could be made in seven days. Fuck I don't know.

On 12/9/2016 at 7:43 AM, CyanideFishbone said:

I actually liked this season a lot and found the finale fine and all, but I'm actually starting to consider that having a double length season finale might not be a bad idea because it's clear Trey and Matt have a problem wrapping up multiple story arcs in 22 minutes, but then again I don't know if a double length episode could be made in seven days. Fuck I don't know.

You aren't the only person who I've seen say this.  I don't think they should only because I feel that they were the ones who cut down their season orders so they can focus on other projects.  They should be the ones who can fix their wrapping up season long arc problems as of late.  But I get what you are suggesting and I offer this counterproposal.  Instead of trying to wrap everything up in Episode 10, why not start in Episode 9?  Similar concept to what you said but since the ninth episode has felt somewhat disposable the last few seasons, start wrapping things there.  It will make their plate a lot less loaded.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Clappy said:

You aren't the only person who I've seen say this.  I don't think they should only because I feel that they were the ones who cut down their season orders so they can focus on other projects.  They should be the ones who can fix their wrapping up season long arc problems as of late.  But I get what you are suggesting and I offer this counterproposal.  Instead of trying to wrap everything up in Episode 10, why not start in Episode 9?  Similar concept to what you said but since the ninth episode has felt somewhat disposable the last few seasons, start wrapping things there.  It will make their plate a lot less loaded.

I was thinking along the same lines. Or maybe just have less story arcs, because I can name probably 2 or 3 left unresolved, but if they want as many arcs that were in this season, just start resolving at episode 9, or hell, I wouldn't have a problem with 8. A trilogy season finale would be awesome.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-02/donald-trump-too-hard-to-satirise-say-trey-parker-and-matt-stone/8236338

Based on this, it sounds like we're not going to see Garrison next season, or at least not in a huge role. By proxy, it also sounds like we're probably not going to see the member berries either, so this may or may not sour Season 20 further for some people.

Edited by jjsthekid

35 minutes ago, jjsthekid said:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-02/donald-trump-too-hard-to-satirise-say-trey-parker-and-matt-stone/8236338

Based on this, it sounds like we're not going to see Garrison next season, or at least not in a major role. By proxy, it also sounds like we're probably not going to see the member berries either, so this may or may not sour Season 20 further for some people.

It seems they are going back to being episodic again. Although I'm glad that, cuz season 20 didn't work story-wise, at the same time, it's such a shame to see memberberries being wasted :( 

I'm still so pissed of at season 20 finale man.

On 10/24/2013 at 9:36 AM, Pops said:

I watched "Goth Kids 3: Damn of the Posers" today and I was disappoined. I waited 2 weeks for this? Okay, It's not a bad episode but It's not good either. Although the intro was awesome. I rate this episode 5.5/10. I just watched the next episode's preview and the next episode will be about Ike. WHAT? Seriously, what happened to this show? This show used to focus on Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Eric's adventures. Now this show is focusing on Eric Cartman, Randy, Butters, Stan and the recurring characters like "Goth Kids" more than Stan, Kyle and Eric's adventures.

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP 

• Like 1

Season 21 is coming in two or so weeks and considering how Matt and Trey have made it clear that they're going back to basics and avoiding the show being heavily political, I'm very excited. 

EDIT: Also, looking back, yeah, Season 20 was a mess. I just hate how I actually got invested in the plot lines that all lead nowhere. At least it seems they're learning from their mistakes. I'm glad they're ditching these story arcs. Were there funny jokes? Yeah. Good episodes? Yeah. Would I sit down and jump into any of them like I do with a pre season 19 episode? Probably not. 

Edited by CyanideFishbone

Thoughts on the new episode, White People Renovating Houses?

I thought it was pretty funny with Randy and Daryl dynamic, the flag guy waving at everything, Cartman and Alexa being like a parody of "Her" and Randy's whole show. Glad to see Randy isn't exactly stupid but still had a weird ass job. Finally Cartman is free of relationship and he's back to his old self, even though I felt so bad for Heidi at the end. I'm not sure about the whole commentary here tho. It could have been much better and the show has tackled the whole change in modern society before.

Still I liked it more than some people seems to do. Not their best work but I laughed at the episode.

Grade: B+

It was alright.  That Cartman subplot and him finally being free to be the real Cartman again helped A LOT in terms of saving this episode from being an absolute disappointment.  Because I was heavily disappointed with the main plot.  You had a huge real world event ripe for parody with the Charlottesville protests, pop culture parody pieces with our cultures fascination with smart speakers, and HGTV's MANY house remodeling series (which I am glad that they pointed that out because it is the same damn show with different names all the time).  And how it all came together in execution just fell flat on its face.  They had a brief moment with Randy and Daryl at Daryl's house that felt like it was leading to all these plot pieces starting to come together and then it just came apart again. After this ended, I just felt like...that was not the best Matt and Trey could have done.  Granted, the season premieres have never been their best outside of a handful of them (With Apologies to Jesse Jackson being the first off the top of my head), I have faith this season will get better.

5/10

I will say the closing line was great.  "Remember, no matter how bad the country gets, you can always count on white people....renovating houses."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hayden said:

Cartman going back to usual Cartman sure takes my interest out of that character again.

eh. I admit I like Kenny and other kids more but Cartman is always supposed to be the villain. I mean they can still create some new material for him like 1% but other than that, his role in this show barely changed and as long as his moments are funny, I don't mind Cartman being a one-dimensional monster.

12 hours ago, Clappy said:

It was alright.  That Cartman subplot and him finally being free to be the real Cartman again helped A LOT in terms of saving this episode from being an absolute disappointment.  Because I was heavily disappointed with the main plot.  You had a huge real world event ripe for parody with the Charlottesville protests, pop culture parody pieces with our cultures fascination with smart speakers, and HGTV's MANY house remodeling series (which I am glad that they pointed that out because it is the same damn show with different names all the time).  And how it all came together in execution just fell flat on its face.  They had a brief moment with Randy and Daryl at Daryl's house that felt like it was leading to all these plot pieces starting to come together and then it just came apart again. After this ended, I just felt like...that was not the best Matt and Trey could have done.  Granted, the season premieres have never been their best outside of a handful of them (With Apologies to Jesse Jackson being the first off the top of my head), I have faith this season will get better.

5/10

I will say the closing line was great.  "Remember, no matter how bad the country gets, you can always count on white people....renovating houses."

What's in bold is important. The show has never been strong with season premieres. I can't think of any season premieres that were really goddamn good outside of With Apologies To Jesse Jackson, Good Times With Weapons (my all time favorite episode), and Cancelled.

On the episode? It was alright. I'm going into this season with optimism though because I liked a lot of the ideas here. The parody of HGTV-esque house renovation shows was very spot on. The idea of the hicks taking the places of smart speakers was really fucking funny, same with a lot of the Alexa stuff. I liked how the Cartman-Heidi arc was held here, because I'm curious to see how their relationship evolves through out the season but at the same time I can't help but be a little scared because of well, season 20. But they have made an arc work through out one season (Season 6, Kenny dying). TLDR, I'm precociously excited for the rest of the season. I'll give it a 6/10. I just really  want this season to be 18-wise in quality,  because that was the last season I can say I actually liked. 

I didn't watch last season and didn't finish the season before it for whatever reason, but decided to check the season premiere out after I heard they were backing away from the serialized story arcs. There were a few laughs in the premiere but overall I was pretty underwhelmed. The plots didn't come together very well and while I somewhat understand their decision not to focus on Trump, to not mention him at all in a premiere that so directly involved the Charlottesville protests stuck out like a sore thumb in a slightly distracting way to me. I do have faith the next episodes will be better though!

• Like 1