• Advertisement

South Park

dragiiin123

Just now, Reality said:

Loved it too. Glad we know what happened to Principal Victoria, Mr. Garrison, and Caitlyn Jenner. 9.5/10

Yeah. I was wondering that too. Bonus points for Mr. Garrison and Caitlyn Jenner making fun of Hillary Clinton, that was pretty damn funny

I loved the new episode too. It was really interesting and it made me hyped for last two episodes, I'm pretty sure this is going to be another two part episode. "Ads vs people" sounds so epic and hilarious, I guess we shouldn't include ads on SBC :funny: 

Grade: "A"

Not sure how I feel about PC people being hinted at as being ads, but everything else was pretty good.  Not the best episode of the season, but I love the dynamic between Jimmy and PC Principal.  That easily carried this episode alone.

1 hour ago, Clappy said:

Not sure how I feel about PC people being hinted at as being ads, but everything else was pretty good.  Not the best episode of the season, but I love the dynamic between Jimmy and PC Principal.  That easily carried this episode alone.

I'm not sure how It would make sense PC people are ads but Laslie being an ad seems like a better twist imo.

47 minutes ago, WhoBob said:

I'm not sure how It would make sense PC people are ads but Laslie being an ad seems like a better twist imo.

Well I just hope they do a better job at piecing all the puzzle pieces together better than they did last season because while I liked last season, after rewatching it, it ended anticlimactically because of how the last two episodes were executed.  I'm just unsure how the whole ad storyline will really fit in with the larger picture.

1 hour ago, Clappy said:

Well I just hope they do a better job at piecing all the puzzle pieces together better than they did last season because while I liked last season, after rewatching it, it ended anticlimactically because of how the last two episodes were executed.  I'm just unsure how the whole ad storyline will really fit in with the larger picture.

I agree with you about how the last season ened. I liked the last episode but it didn't feel like it wrapped up the season very well. I hope the last two episodes end the season so well.

I think I'm going to delay my best list until next week because I want to see where the season finale is headed and if it's going to lead to something big.  Because last nights episode was fine but disappointing.  It was definitely used to build up to next week's finale because as a stand alone episode, it did not work nearly as well.  Sure I enjoyed the Garrison/Jenner banter and the comedy worked with everyone getting distracted by the ads.  I also like the homage to Ex Machina with Leslie obviously being Ava lite.  But the plot progression was built upon barely at best.  Also the in house fighting amongst the boys was forced.  Both of these complaints can be erased for me when I see how the finale turns out, but right now, this is the worst episode of the season for me.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Clappy said:

I think I'm going to delay my best list until next week because I want to see where the season finale is headed and if it's going to lead to something big.  Because last nights episode was fine but disappointing.  It was definitely used to build up to next week's finale because as a stand alone episode, it did not work nearly as well.  Sure I enjoyed the Garrison/Jenner banter and the comedy worked with everyone getting distracted by the ads.  I also like the homage to Ex Machina with Leslie obviously being Ava lite.  But the plot progression was built upon barely at best.  Also the in house fighting amongst the boys was forced.  Both of these complaints can be erased for me when I see how the finale turns out, but right now, this is the worst episode of the season for me.

I can't say it's my least favorite episode of thd season but it's one of the weakest. It was still good but it wasn't that funny. Hopefully next episode will be huge.

This was a really great episode. Didn't expect it to end like that, but I definitely loved the episode. 9.5/10

(Extreme spoilers below. If you haven't watched the episode yet, please do not click on the spoiler.)

Spoiler

I knew Leslie was gonna be the ad, but I thought everything would be back to normal at the end. I think they'll definitely continue the Garrison/Jenner story arc in the next season (y'know, because of the 2016 election), but I have no idea what'll happen with Principal Victoria now that PC Principal is staying as principal of the school. All I know is that I'm so fucking hyped up for next season.

Anyways, here are my ratings for this season:

Naughty Ninjas - 10/10 A+

Where My Country Gone - 10/10 A+

Safe Space - 9.5/10 A

Sponsored Content - 9.5/10 A

PC Principal Final Justice - 9.5/10 A

You're Not Yelping - 8.5/10 B

Brave and Stunning - 8/10 B-

The City Part of Town - 7.5/10 C

Truth and Advertising - 7.5/10 C

Tweek X Craig - 4.5/10 F

Average rating: 8.5/10 B - If it wasn't for Tweek X Craig, this season might have been an A or A-, but it's still very solid. Definitely better than last season.

• Like 1

I loved how this season ended. It ended on a better note than previous season and just like what Fred said above, there's a potential that they'll continue the story arc in next season and hopefully. My only issue with this episode (it's a bit nitpick) isthat I wish they referenced Star Wars: The Force Awakens but that's not gonna stop me from rating this episode an "A". Definetly a great season for South Park.

Can't say I loved the finale.  It was a mess, but at least it was a good mess.  Better than last season's messy finale trying to wrap everything together.  They did slightly better smoothly transitioning everything together, but the total resolution was still unevenly messy.  I wish the entire episode was about the subplot on gun control because that was damn near perfect.  But of course, we had to "wrap up the story arch"...weakly.   Making Mackey a mole felt kinda out of left field, but it kinda makes sense with how much he appeared compared to usual this season.  But the fact that they set it up for the potential for this PC storyline to continue into next season...I'm a bit of a mixed bag on.  On the one hand, that means multiple season continuity which is exciting.  On the other, I don't know if I fully see them committing to that because I can easily see this being dropped for another full season arch.  I am hoping for the former because of the 2016 presidential election and the idea that if Trump doesn't win the Republican primary and runs on his own party like he says he will, I can totally see Garrison doing the same thing.  But yeah, the potential is definitely there.  It's just seeing if Matt and Trey want to fully commit to it.  Because it's easy to automatically assume that they will continue it, but we all know how the South Park creative process works with them developing episodes in a week before deadline.

Overall a good episode, but still a weak resolution.  Doesn't stop this from being one of the best seasons in recent memory.