• Advertisement

Ten Years

Ron

Yes. It's been a decade since the horrors of September 11th, 2001.

It's horrifying. Truly disgusting that someone can do this to another man. Mankind is screwed up. No one should have to die that way, NO ONE. KNOWING you're going to die, while smoke fills the room. People were pushed out the windows by the fire.

http://ricketyclick.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/wtc-doomed-w480.jpg

That's terrible. There were the jumpers, the people who died in the collapse, the people who were burnt alive, the people who died from the explosion, the people who died on the airplane, the people who were suffocated by the smoke... so many terrible ways to die, and to think it all happened in 102 minutes.

Me and my brother were five when it happened. I don't remember much, except that it was picture day at my school and my mom was trying her best to get us all ready without telling us what had happened. She was crying. All me and my brother could do was ask, "What's wrong, mama?"

What a terrible day. I still get the chills looking at the pictures and the videos of the twin towers collapsing, the planes, the horror of the people... Sad. Just... sad. The thing I want to know is why? What was their motive, their will, or their drive to do that. Disgraceful and demonic. That's what it is.

I don't think it will happen again, with the tight security and all. But I believe if we have God on our sides (and we do, always), then we can overcome any kind of threat. God Bless America.

The motives were basically Them being pissed off about US troops occupying Saudi Arabia, US supporting Israel, and the US sanctions against Iraq. Those three among other jihad motives. Still, it was horrifying, cruel, and sadistic. All those innocent lives lost that day. It was truly a tragic event in every sense of the words. My heart and prayers still goes out to all of those who were affected and hurt on that tragic day.

I remember I was 10 back then. I was pretty oblivious to the events unfolding around me then. My parents kept me home from school that day. Being the naive, dickhead child that I was, I only seen it as an opportunity to stay home from school. Now that I look back at the day, I wish I could back and slap some sense into myself. I now only hope and pray for the best going into this day of remembrance so that history never repeats itself as the news have implied the past few days.

Wow, I can't believe I still remember 9/11.

I was 7 years old at the time. We were spending the night at my grandma's apartment. One morning, my grandma came into the room crying and saying that there's been some sort of accident in New York. We went to the living room and on the TV, they were showing nonstop coverage of the Twin Towers and replays of the 2nd plane crashing into the 2nd tower.

It amazed me at the time, but it was until I got older that I actually started to understand the tragic side of all of it. My heart is with the 3,000 innocent people who died on what was probably the worst day in US history.

I first learned of 9/11 two or three years ago, so I have no idea what I was doing on that day. My heart goes out to everyone affected, though. Let's hope nothing like that ever happens again. I don't think the country would be able to handle it.

I remember this day like it was yesterday. I was 13 and I learned about the attacks in my Math class. For almost the rest of the day, we watched the news in every single class to learn more about the attacks. When I got home, this was all that was on the news on the tv. I learned that my friend's father was at the Pentagon when one of those planes hit. Luckily he made it out alive. My heart goes out to all those who knew someone that passed away on this day ten years ago and while I can't predict the future, I sure hope something like this never happens again.

I was in the 7th grade and remember that my best friend's dad picked us up after school and told us that "New York is done" we were like lolwut (he was this crazy old man...) it wasn't until i got home and saw the news that I realized what was going on. It was such a hard time for me because my dad was in Miami and a couple days before the attacks he had suffered a stroke and was hospitalized in intensive care, so my mom flew there to be with my dad. So the point is that both of my parents were away in another country were this horrible thing was happening, plus my dad was the sickest he had ever been...a lot of things for a 12 year-old to swallow.

I still don't understand how a human being can have the disgrace to even think of making such damage in such a cruel way. We were never the same after it and I only pray so nothing similar to this never ever happens again. RIP to all those people whose lives ended in this traumatic day.