• Advertisement

Kappa Mikey

Deli

Anyone remember this show? It ran for a few years and did pretty well. It was basically about a 19 year old kid named Mikey Simon. He was a down-on-his-luck actor who could never make it anywhere. He finds a contest scratch ticket and wins, the prize being that the winner would become the star of the hottest anime in Japan, Lily-Mu. Mikey travels to Japan and has all kinds of crazy anime-filled adventures with his Japanese friends. I thought it was a great show. It brought two different worlds of animation into one. Sure, at times the animation on the American characters was a little shoddy, but it was pretty hilarious. With great quotes like ''...That's my food.'' ''AND IT IS DELICIOUS.'' and voice actors from The Venture Brothers, Dragon Ball Z, and various other shows.

So underrated.  One of the few shows that use to make me laugh pretty hard with Ozu and Yes Man. I love brutal/hard characters that are also pretty vulnerable and lonely like Guano.

• Like 2

Original MTV pilot that after years of being lost, was posted a few hours ago by the show's former director. Of course the voices aren't completely assigned.

A bunch of deleted scenes which were cut in reruns due to time limits from A Christmas Mikey were shown on a stream a few weeks ago but have yet to be uploaded on a video on their own yet.

• Like 1

Yet another thing I feel like I need to watch like because I love anime, but it's kind of the same thing with me and Miraculous Ladybug which I think I should really watch because of how much people draw parallels between that and Shugo Chara (probably from the existence of a cat boy love interest), but god I don't know just something about this i'm just like "naaaah", but it's way less bad here than for Miraculous.

I find it funny how some of the intended voices suddenly transition to the temporary ones. Seeing how Gonard was originally planned to be married with kids, the whole bit with the robot lion transforming into a robot shark, some of the tidbits with the temporary voices (i.e. "Prepare to die at the hands of my robot army."), the WWII joke, and the "dreaded PowerPoint presentation" line, alongside the acting for pilot Ozu was what made the pilot for me.

Edited by Steel Sponge

11 hours ago, Kiyozu♡ said:

Original MTV pilot that after years of being lost, was posted a few hours ago by the show's former director. Of course the voices aren't completely assigned.

A bunch of deleted scenes which were cut in reruns due to time limits from A Christmas Mikey were shown on a stream a few weeks ago but have yet to be uploaded on a video on their own yet.

WHITE DEVILS

GONARD HAS A WIFE AND KIDS

GUANO IS SO DIFFERENT

Damn this pilot is pretty adult. It makes me wonder how'd KM turned out if it was an adult cartoon. This was a funny pilot but the changes they made for this show are better.