• Advertisement

Kappa Mikey

Deli

Spoiler

I now have a copy of the full length A Christmas Mikey with several deleted scenes, if you'd like it feel free to PM me. Was generously given to a fellow fan who ripped it from his own legal DVD collection. :) 

Thankfully this pilot has sparked an interest in the series, as Reddit and FaceBook suddenly have more KM fans. Every little bit helps.

KM (may) BE BACK (!!)

http://www.animationmagazine.net/tv/handmade-films-sells-animation-collective-back-to-founder-larry-schwarz/?doing_wp_cron=1508278314.4531331062316894531250

"Almost eight years to the date we sold the company, this feels like a long lost relative coming home," said Schwarz. "I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to bring Kappa Mikey, Thumb Wrestling Federation, Ellen's Acres, Three Delivery and others back to the air and tell new stories with these characters."

Just now, Slightly more Spooky Kiyozu♡ said:

KM (may) BE BACK (!!)

http://www.animationmagazine.net/tv/handmade-films-sells-animation-collective-back-to-founder-larry-schwarz/?doing_wp_cron=1508278314.4531331062316894531250

"Almost eight years to the date we sold the company, this feels like a long lost relative coming home," said Schwarz. "I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to bring Kappa Mikey, Thumb Wrestling Federation, Ellen's Acres, Three Delivery and others back to the air and tell new stories with these characters."

Awesome!

I’m starting to feel sour about this revival a bit more and more. Like three and a half years worth of waiting but also developing characters the way I like. I don’t mean to sound whiney I guess but I don’t know if the show will incoporate people like Kiyoko or costumeless Guano the way I had him and that makes me sad. I guess I need to just button it up like I usually do and wait and see what happens. 

But it’s also like the thing I wanted the most and that I thought could never happen but I keep changing my opinion about it too..

If you would have told me last week the creator got the rights back and is trying to revive the series, I would laugh it off easily. It just seemed like the most unlikely thing ever, yet it could be happening now. Like what.

On 10/21/2017 at 12:06 AM, Slightly more Spooky Kiyozu♡ said:

I’m starting to feel sour about this revival a bit more and more. Like three and a half years worth of waiting but also developing characters the way I like. I don’t mean to sound whiney I guess but I don’t know if the show will incoporate people like Kiyoko or costumeless Guano the way I had him and that makes me sad. I guess I need to just button it up like I usually do and wait and see what happens. 

But it’s also like the thing I wanted the most and that I thought could never happen but I keep changing my opinion about it too..

If you would have told me last week the creator got the rights back and is trying to revive the series, I would laugh it off easily. It just seemed like the most unlikely thing ever, yet it could be happening now. Like what.

Idk, I feel like they won't. I remember as a kid really liking A Christmas Mikey and everything it revealed, and being subsequently pissed off that the events of the episode were like never brought up again. Considering the nature of the show I never expected them to, but it always struck me as kind of odd. I wouldn't bank on them following up that plot one if the show does come back, but as long as it's got the comedy I remember I think I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spooky Nug said:

Idk, I feel like they won't. I remember as a kid really liking A Christmas Mikey and everything it revealed, and being subsequently pissed off that the events of the episode were like never brought up again. Considering the nature of the show I never expected them to, but it always struck me as kind of odd. I wouldn't bank on them following up that plot one if the show does come back, but as long as it's got the comedy I remember I think I'm looking forward to it.

They did mention Ozu being Guano’s son a few times after that but not really. I’m not too concerned with them not being related in the reboot, since the xmas episode was a personal favorite of the creator’s iirc and he also wrote some of it. But yeah I hope the possible new show has story arcs, I remember agreeing with a reviewer that said the show would have been out longer if it followed the recurring traits of Avatar and such. The show definitely could have room for maturity. But yeah it’s likely they won’t do serious plots anyways.

On 10/21/2017 at 1:19 PM, Dracula Phineas said:

that would great if it will return to TELETOON, right?

I don’t have that channel but sure

Never expected it to happen, while I liked it the show could definitely be extremely guilty pleasure at times and could use some touching up upon, especially as it needs a better reputation after the mess known as Neo Yokio. Definitely gonna be a tough sell for sure.