• Advertisement

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

storytime7

So, exactly five years ago from today was a truly important day in my life. I bet you're wondering what happened five years ago. Well, five years ago from today, I started watching MLP:FIM. Despite all the shit the show gets from the general public (usually just from the show's fanbase) the show holds an important place in my heart. I don't even know if I'd still be going strong with it, as cheesy as that sounds. It truly is a great show. Let's start with some history.

I have asperger's syndrome. I was diagnosed right after kindergarten. So, from that, I was a weird kid. I didn't really have any friends growing up besides a few kids who didn't care what i liked and saw me for the person I was inside, so through elementary, my imagination was pretty much my best friend. I was a very sensitive kid. Anyway, I had one really good friend in elementary school from 3rd grade to 5th grade (He still is my friend, but he's going to private school next year). In 4th grade, my friends from 2nd grade, which I never really had any in common with in the first place, drifted apart from me and found interests of their own. One of them is still a good kid although we're completely different nowadays and don't interact pretty much at all, while one of them became an asshole, but luckily moved away. Anyway, back to 4th grade.

Back then, I was really sad they all started to drift away, even getting to the point where one said "You're not cool anymore!" to me (or something like that. It actually wasn't the one who became an asshole, and he apologized for that actually, so that's good.) Anyways, I was pretty hopeless back then because of that and I only really had my one friend, but back then his schedule with school was very erratic. He was homeschooled for like a month or two and had halfdays and it was like on and off, it was pretty weird. So I really only had my imagination for that point in time. Also, back then was pretty much my first real experience with being bullied. I remember in the fourth grade a kid tormented me (One I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW too) and I can remember being punched in the gut back then and i think someone even called me a "Son of a bitch". Anyways, back then I was really obsessed with video games, and closet I was getting into magical girl anime. Anyway, my friend came back near the end of the year, although if I can recall he still had half days.

That year was really the first time i legit contemplated my existence. I truly felt different. I remember back then I said something like "I don't want to be strong. I have a different dream. A better dream." as dumb as that sounds back then. I considered myself a tomgirl back then because I was so different from the other boys in my grade who were pretty much all obsessed with sports and video games. I mentioned I was into video games back then too, but I was into Mario and Sonic and retro stuff while it was all stuff like COD with them.

Anyways, fourth grade concluded in June 2011, and it was a seemingly normal summer for me as a confused 10 year old boy. Anyways, on August 15th, 2011, I discovered something.

I remember that day so vividly. It was in the evening when I was browsing Know Your Meme (look, it was 2011.) when I came across the page for "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic" Hearing about the show before, I assumed it was some super dirty abridged version of the old MLP. Because back then when I thought of MLP, I'd think of the girly 80's version with pastel colored ponies. Anyways, out of pure curiosity i watched the first episode... and then the second.

I fell in love right then and there. I kept watching when it grew into a full scale obsession. My parents found out and didn't care, so I had to get that dumb "coming out" thing most MLP fans do where they make a big scene out of telling their parents THEY WATCH A TV SHOW out of the way, but I digress.  About 10 days later,fifth grade started for me. And at the start I really wanted to hide it from people. I wasn't worried about my friend, and he didn't care. Anyway, some people found out, but they really didn't care. And when Season 2 came around, I can vividly remember watching every episode right when it came out. I was obsessed.

Flashforward to January 2012. By then, Minecraft was the cool thing. Everyone was obsessed with it. I remember there was one giant Minecraft server all the kids in my grade played on, and obviously I was part of that. Anyways, I got a skin of my favorite character, Fluttershy. And also by then, I had an MLP shirt which I remember, it was black and had Rainbow Dash's mane on it and said "This shirt just got 20 percent cooler". Anyways, by then, most of the kids in my grade finally recognized that I was totally and completely obsessed with MLP.

Since those other kids were okay with it, they would be right?

Take a guess.

Nope.

Nope. They really weren't, and they started making fun of me for it. I can remember being called gay, a homophobic slur starting with an f that I really dislike saying, lesbian, etc by a bunch of the boys. I was being bullied for it pretty badly, and it even got to the point where my teacher got involved with what was going on. Anyways, I remember a lot of these kids purposely killing me in Minecraft and just taunting me on there about it, until one day a few kids (one of which was the kid who tormented me in fourth grade, he's a horrible person even to this day all though I avoid him, but one of my friends last year had a class with him in it last year and said he did a bunch of asshole things in that class) pretty much went all out on me and basically ripped me to shreds online. It really hurt me back then, because even then I was still having those problems because I thought I was a tomgirl and I was so different than everyone that I felt like I didn't belong as a boy. Anyways, those kids got in trouble. I actually know 1 of the 3 or 4 kids involved in the incident who actually was nice to me pretty much ever since that, I forgot like one of them and I don't interact with the other one so I wouldn't know. Anyways, also around then we started to talk about middle school.

And my friend was going to a different school, so I knew I had to go in. I told him to give MLP a chance. And he did.

And he loved it.

I converted someone to like MLP, and I was really proud of myself.  Anyways, fifth grade ended in June 2012 greatly, and a lot of those kids who bullied me just stopped.

Anyways, I entered sixth grade late August 2012. I was in a new environment then, and i managed to ease in with two kids I knew that were friends... although, well, one basically pretended to be my friend and one was just really annoying and whiny and I couldn't take it anymore. Anyways, I really wasn't ashamed of liking MLP at all. By then I owned a few shirts, and wore one of them to orientation, and one on the first day of school. That well, was a bad idea. If I thought the abuse from fifth grade was bad, I didn't see anything yet. I was so much worse. Multiple kids insulted my sexuality mainly, I was probably called that homophobic slur starting with an F that i don't like saying over a hundred times, and it wasn't long until the whole school classified me as "the pony kid". Multiple kids made comments involving threatening me, and the loved ones around me. And later in the year when I was still bullied, those kids i thought were my friend pretty much turned their back on me and started making fun of the fact I liked MLP.

Did I stop watching MLP? No, not at all. In fact, I was more obsessed than ever. It really helped me out back then. I was my main source of happiness back then, along with Spongebob as a matter of a fact. I actually joined February 9th 2013, in the midst of all of this shit. Anyways, I left sixth grade on June 2013.

Summer of 2013 was a rough time for me. I was still obsessed with MLP, but those friends of mine really started being mean to me, even to the point when I said "I don't want to be friends anymore." to one their faces at a point of break. My mom wasn't exactly happy with that, but I really thought it worked out in the end. Anyways i was pretty depressed that whole summer, until I met another kid through, well, sadly, I wish i could forget this phase ever happened.... Homestuck. Which yes, I hate Homestuck now, but it introduced me to this kid I knew who lived an hour away from me and was pretty much me in every way. He was my best friend, and it all seemed okay until I started seventh grade in late August 2013. Then, I was bullied even harder than I was in sixth grade, and got to the point where my mother transferred me, which was a really rough transition. I wasn't myself back then. i didn't know what to do at all.

I still had my friend, but I couldn't really make any friends just yet at my new school, so I was really depressed. However, back then it seemed it might get better as i thought I found a beacon of light in a girl that was, well, my first crush. I was obsessed with her. Anyways, in January 2014, my friend had a complication and we couldn't visit each other anymore, although we didn't hate each other, and we still don't hate each other at all to this day. Last time I saw him was at a convention last May. Also back then the story of Micheal Morones happened. If you don't know, Micheal Morones was a boy in NC (my state btw!) who tried to kill himself due to being bullied for liking MLP, which I could really relate to that right now. Along with a rocky relationship with my dad at the time, I really got depressed. Anyway, in February, I finally told that girl just what I thought of her. And well, she turned her back on me. She thought it was cute I liked her at first, but turned her back on me in a short bit. And she started bullying me. I really had no escape so I made multiple plans to kill myself. In April 2014, I tried to take my life. No damage was done, as my plan was to drop a dumbell on my head from the school exercise room. I never went through with dropping it on my head although I was close, and the guidance counselors found out I wanted to kill myself so they let me out for a day until I got psychiatric help, which I did. 

Anyways, from that point on, I wasn't as obsessed with MLP as my obsession pretty much died down. However, I still watched it a lot, but I wasn't as big of a fan as I was back then. I still watch episodes to this day, and have seen every episode (I need to see the last two, which I will probably today because well, you know).

And before you ask, I'm okay now. 

Anyways, this show has a really important place in my heart. It helped me meet new people and it helped me embrace who I am. Thanks a lot MLP, for a great 5 years of entertainment and helping me come out of my shell and how although people couldn't handle the fact I liked a TV show, I stuck by the show and never stopped liking it because people wanted me to, which is truly admirable in my eyes. Anyways, I would like to thank the show for helping me shape into the person I am now. Thanks a lot, MLP. Here's to another 5 years.

Edited by CyanideFishbone
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, CyanideFishbone said:

So, exactly five years ago from today was a truly important day in my life. I bet you're wondering what happened five years ago. Well, five years ago from today, I started watching MLP:FIM. Despite all the shit the show gets from the general public (usually just from the show's fanbase) the show holds an important place in my heart. I don't even know if I'd still be going strong with it, as cheesy as that sounds. It truly is a great show. Let's start with some history.

I have asperger's syndrome. I was diagnosed right after kindergarten. So, from that, I was a weird kid. I didn't really have any friends growing up besides a few kids who didn't care what i liked and saw me for the person I was inside, so through elementary, my imagination was pretty much my best friend. I was a very sensitive kid. Anyway, I had one really good friend in elementary school from 3rd grade to 5th grade (He still is my friend, but he's going to private school next year). In 4th grade, my friends from 2nd grade, which I never really had any in common with in the first place, drifted apart from me and found interests of their own. One of them is still a good kid although we're completely different nowadays and don't interact pretty much at all, while one of them became an asshole, but luckily moved away. Anyway, back to 4th grade.

Back then, I was really sad they all started to drift away, even getting to the point where one said "You're not cool anymore!" to me (or something like that. It actually wasn't the one who became an asshole, and he apologized for that actually, so that's good.) Anyways, I was pretty hopeless back then because of that and I only really had my one friend, but back then his schedule with school was very erratic. He was homeschooled for like a month or two and had halfdays and it was like on and off, it was pretty weird. So I really only had my imagination for that point in time. Also, back then was pretty much my first real experience with being bullied. I remember in the fourth grade a kid tormented me (One I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW too) and I can remember being punched in the gut back then and i think someone even called me a "Son of a bitch". Anyways, back then I was really obsessed with video games, and closet I was getting into magical girl anime. Anyway, my friend came back near the end of the year, although if I can recall he still had half days.

That year was really the first time i legit contemplated my existence. I truly felt different. I remember back then I said something like "I don't want to be strong. I have a different dream. A better dream." as dumb as that sounds back then. I considered myself a tomgirl back then because I was so different from the other boys in my grade who were pretty much all obsessed with sports and video games. I mentioned I was into video games back then too, but I was into Mario and Sonic and retro stuff while it was all stuff like COD with them.

Anyways, fourth grade concluded in June 2011, and it was a seemingly normal summer for me as a confused 10 year old boy. Anyways, on August 15th, 2011, I discovered something.

I remember that day so vividly. It was in the evening when I was browsing Know Your Meme (look, it was 2011.) when I came across the page for "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic" Hearing about the show before, I assumed it was some super dirty abridged version of the old MLP. Because back then when I thought of MLP, I'd think of the girly 80's version with pastel colored ponies. Anyways, out of pure curiosity i watched the first episode... and then the second.

I fell in love right then and there. I kept watching when it grew into a full scale obsession. My parents found out and didn't care, so I had to get that dumb "coming out" thing most MLP fans do where they make a big scene out of telling their parents THEY WATCH A TV SHOW out of the way, but I digress.  About 10 days later,fifth grade started for me. And at the start I really wanted to hide it from people. I wasn't worried about my friend, and he didn't care. Anyway, some people found out, but they really didn't care. And when Season 2 came around, I can vividly remember watching every episode right when it came out. I was obsessed.

Flashforward to January 2012. By then, Minecraft was the cool thing. Everyone was obsessed with it. I remember there was one giant Minecraft server all the kids in my grade played on, and obviously I was part of that. Anyways, I got a skin of my favorite character, Fluttershy. And also by then, I had an MLP shirt which I remember, it was black and had Rainbow Dash's mane on it and said "This shirt just got 20 percent cooler". Anyways, by then, most of the kids in my grade finally recognized that I was totally and completely obsessed with Minecraft.

Since those other kids were okay with it, they would be right?

Take a guess.

Nope.

Nope. They really weren't, and they started making fun of me for it. I can remember being called gay, a homophobic slur starting with an f that I really dislike saying, lesbian, etc by a bunch of the boys. I was being bullied for it pretty badly, and it even got to the point where my teacher got involved with what was going on. Anyways, I remember a lot of these kids purposely killing me in Minecraft and just taunting me on there about it, until one day a few kids (one of which was the kid who tormented me in fourth grade, he's a horrible person even to this day all though I avoid him, but one of my friends last year had a class with him in it last year and said he did a bunch of asshole things in that class) pretty much went all out on me and basically ripped me to shreds online. It really hurt me back then, because even then I was still having those problems because I thought I was a tomgirl and I was so different than everyone that I felt like I didn't belong as a boy. Anyways, those kids got in trouble. I actually know 1 of the 3 or 4 kids involved in the incident who actually was nice to me pretty much ever since that, I forgot like one of them and I don't interact with the other one so I wouldn't know. Anyways, also around then we started to talk about middle school.

And my friend was going to a different school, so I knew I had to go in. I told him to give MLP a chance. And he did.

And he loved it.

I converted someone to like MLP, and I was really proud of myself.  Anyways, fifth grade ended in June 2012 greatly, and a lot of those kids who bullied me just stopped.

Anyways, I entered sixth grade late August 2012. I was in a new environment then, and i managed to ease in with two kids I knew that were friends... although, well, one basically pretended to be my friend and one was just really annoying and whiny and I couldn't take it anymore. Anyways, I really wasn't ashamed of liking MLP at all. By then I owned a few shirts, and wore one of them to orientation, and one on the first day of school. That well, was a bad idea. If I thought the abuse from fifth grade was bad, I didn't see anything yet. I was so much worse. Multiple kids insulted my sexuality mainly, I was probably called that homophobic slur starting with an F that i don't like saying over a hundred times, and it wasn't long until the whole school classified me as "the pony kid". Multiple kids made comments involving threatening me, and the loved ones around me. And later in the year when I was still bullied, those kids i thought were my friend pretty much turned their back on me and started making fun of the fact I liked MLP.

Did I stop watching MLP? No, not at all. In fact, I was more obsessed than ever. It really helped me out back then. I was my main source of happiness back then, along with Spongebob as a matter of a fact. I actually joined February 9th 2013, in the midst of all of this shit. Anyways, I left sixth grade on June 2013.

Summer of 2013 was a rough time for me. I was still obsessed with MLP, but those friends of mine really started being mean to me, even to the point when I said "I don't want to be friends anymore." to one their faces at a point of break. My mom wasn't exactly happy with that, but I really thought it worked out in the end. Anyways i was pretty depressed that whole summer, until I met another kid through, well, sadly, I wish i could forget this phase ever happened.... Homestuck. Which yes, I hate Homestuck now, but it introduced me to this kid I knew who lived an hour away from me and was pretty much me in every way. He was my best friend, and it all seemed okay until I started seventh grade in late August 2013. Then, I was bullied even harder than I was in sixth grade, and got to the point where my mother transferred me, which was a really rough transition. I wasn't myself back then. i didn't know what to do at all.

I still had my friend, but I couldn't really make any friends just yet at my new school, so I was really depressed. However, back then it seemed it might get better as i thought I found a beacon of light in a girl that was, well, my first crush. I was obsessed with her. Anyways, in January 2014, my friend had a complication and we couldn't visit each other anymore, although we didn't hate each other, and we still don't hate each other at all to this day. Last time I saw him was at a convention last May. Also back then the story of Micheal Morones happened. If you don't know, Micheal Morones was a boy in NC (my state btw!) who tried to kill himself due to being bullied for liking MLP, which I could really relate to that right now. Along with a rocky relationship with my dad at the time, I really got depressed. Anyway, in February, I finally told that girl just what I thought of her. And well, she turned her back on me. She thought it was cute I liked her at first, but turned her back on me in a short bit. And she started bullying me. I really had no escape so I made multiple plans to kill myself. In April 2014, I tried to take my life. No damage was done, as my plan was to drop a dumbell on my head from the school exercise room. I never went through with dropping it on my head although I was close, and the guidance counselors found out I wanted to kill myself so they let me out for a day until I got psychiatric help, which I did. 

Anyways, from that point on, I wasn't as obsessed with MLP as my obsession pretty much died down. However, I still watched it a lot, but I wasn't as big of a fan as I was back then. I still watch episodes to this day, and have seen every episode (I need to see the last two, which I will probably today because well, you know).

And before you ask, I'm okay now. 

Anyways, this show has a really important place in my heart. It helped me meet new people and it helped me embrace who I am. Thanks a lot MLP, for a great 5 years of entertainment and helping me come out of my shell and how although people couldn't handle the fact I liked a TV show, I stuck by the show and never stopped liking it because people wanted me to, which is truly admirable in my eyes. Anyways, I would like to thank the show for helping me shape into the person I am now. Thanks a lot, MLP. Here's to another 5 years.

Woah, I didn't know you liked this show.

• Like 1

Damn, Cyanide. I'm really sorry that you had to go through all that. I thought that I was a devoted fan, but you have humbled me.

Also, this gem from Page 1...

Lolgreatthreadstart.jpg

Clappy sure knows how to kick off a thread.

Edited by Metal Snake
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Metal Snake said:

Damn, Cyanide. I'm really sorry that you had to go through all that. I thought that I was a devoted fan, but you have humbled me.

Lolgreatthreadstart.jpg

It was horrible, but I got through it. I pretty much wrote my heart out in that post.

I might as well have my own say on what I think about MLP: FiM right now. Five years ago, I started watching the show and fell in love with. However, I was also too lazy to catch up with it and only saw a small batch of episodes around 2011-2013, but I really started trying to watch more of MLP by the time Season 4 came around, and from there, I still found myself loving the show. Even spite that the pony craze has toned down over the course of the previous two seasons, Season 5 is the best that I've experienced, and it's astounding for me to see that MLP is still very worth watching.

Also, that was a really touching story to hear, Cyanide....

And sorry for editing this post AGAIN, but....

On 8/15/2016 at 5:21 PM, Metal Snake said:

Lolgreatthreadstart.jpg

Let's not forget about this gem from Goosebumpsfan:

On 3/31/2011 at 4:15 PM, Karen said:

Sorry, I have a penis

Edited by Steel Sponge
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Steel Sponge said:

I might as well have my own say on what I think about MLP: FiM right now. Five years ago, I started watching the show and fell in love with. However, I was also too lazy to catch up with it and only saw a small batch of episodes around 2011-2013, but I really started trying to watch more of MLP by the time Season 4 came around, and from there, I still found myself loving the show. Even spite that the pony craze has toned down over the course of the previous two seasons, Season 5 is the best that I've experienced, and it's astounding for me to see that MLP is still very worth watching.

Also, that was a really touching story to hear, Cyanide....

And sorry for editing this post AGAIN, but....

Let's not forget about this gem from Goosebumpsfan:

Thanks for the compliment. :)

What I was replying to initially was that storytime declared it everyone's favorite show initially which was the direct "lolno" reply too.  Just thought I'd make that clear because yay lost posts.

3 minutes ago, Clappy said:

What I was replying to initially was that storytime declared it everyone's favorite show initially which was the direct "lolno" reply too.  Just thought I'd make that clear because yay lost posts.

Though I knew that storytime made the thread and that it just looked like you started it because of a glitch, that part I actually didn't know. Yay education.

Season 6 is over now. Review time is also now.

MLP: FiM Season 6 Thoughts

The Crystalling (both parts): Better than its sub-prequel, The Crystal Empire. Even though they recycled the format of said episode, it didn’t bother me much because more actually happened in this episode than in The Crystal Empire. The lack of action in favor of a slow-paced plot with a lot of talking still isn’t my cup of tea, but they did a good job introducing the new characters and establishing their roles. Good enough special, just somewhat underwhelming. 7.8/10

The Gift of Maud Pie: It’s funny how Season 5 started out with a fantastic season premiere, but followed it up with a regular episode that was well-written, but less than stellar. It’s the opposite here, Season 6’s premiere was well-written but far from a masterpiece, while this episode that followed it was wonderful. I got really engaged with the story and there wasn’t a single joke I didn’t find funny. This was Maud Pie’s best appearance yet to me. As humorous as ever, yet she showed how much she cared about Pinkie with her will to make a sacrifice at the end. 8.7/10

On Your Marks: No matter how much I prepare myself to find episodes like this disappointing, they end up being surprisingly good to me. Maturely written, heartwarming, and funny, this episode gave me a sense of relief and hope that the writers have not run out of ideas with what to do with the Cutie Mark Crusaders, they really have just been looking to try something new with them. 8.1/10

Gauntlet of Fire: A definite improvement over Dragon Quest, even with the plot getting predictable in the latter half, and Twilight and Rarity being useless. :P At least they didn’t go with the cliche of Spike being forced to participate in the contest because of them getting caught or something lame, and its pleasant watching Spike being strong throughout the whole thing. 8.3/10     

No Second Prances: great episode, my favorite part is when Trixie tries to commit suicide No surprises, this episode was good. Personally, I thought it was even better than Magic Duel, the last episode with Trixie. I really enjoyed how realistically all the characters acted and how things got surprisingly dark towards the end. The reappearance of the background characters and Big Mac talking was also pretty funny. 8.4/10

Newbie Dash: Our first Rainbow Dash episode in a while, as well as our first episode to try its hand at snarkier and darker comedy in a while. Big shocker, some people weren’t impressed. Me, I liked it. Dark, mean-spirited humor has always been my thing. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have a problem with people not liking the Rainbow Dash cruelty and I admit that not everything about the episode works, but it was still very fun for me. Rainbow’s Fluttershy impression...Care Mare...oh God. XD 8.5/10  

A Hearth Warming’s Tail: Christmas in May didn’t disappoint, My Little Pony’s take on A Christmas Carol twas good. And to me, it was better than Christmas in October. Yeah, I’d rather them make something creative out of a done-to-death plot then have the whole episode play out in a done-to-death manner like in Hearthbreakers. I loved the reappearance of the Windigoes, all of the songs, Starlight as the story’s Scrooge, Severus Snape as the one who ruined Starlight Scrooge’s childhood, and Luna as the Grim Reaper pony. 8.9/10

The Saddle Row Review: The first episode of the show that aired on my birthday, and how fitting for my birthday that I get to watch a...pretty decent episode. Yeah, this episode is very high 7-low 8/10-ish. It got me to laugh genuinely several times, but with the unorthodox way the episode is set up, you’d expect it to build to something less predictable. Fortunately, unlike Rarity, I don’t expect perfection. 8.2/10

Applejack’s “Day” Off - Another high 7-low 8/10-ish episode. To me, this is a very good example of an episode that’s good...but just that. Good in the writing category, okay in the humor category, there’s really not much to say. Well, besides that I’m confused about why they put “Day” in quotation marks instead of “Day Off”. I can’t help but feel it should be “Day Off” in quotation marks because the whole episode was about Applejack having a day-off that wasn’t really a day-off. 8/10

Flutter Brutter - Oh bronies, why does the magic of black comedy so often elude you? This episode isn’t bad, it’s just different. Zephyr Breeze isn’t supposed to be likable, at least not before the final act. He’s established as a character who needs to change and they do a decent enough job making comedy out of his doucheyness before he changes. Though I would not call it an amazing episode, it’s terribly misjudged as of now. 8.3/10

Spice Up Your Life - Ah, I had a funny feeling we were going to get an episode that was fine, but forgettable for this abrupt midseason finale. The part of it I remember the most fondly is the song, which was catchy and also humorous in how Rarity and Pinkie Pie were singing together even though they had two conflicting viewpoints. I also liked how the ending tried to be realistic in not going for the cliche of “SHE TRIES THE FOOD AND LIKES IT AND IS NO LONGER A STUCK UP BITCH”, but other than that, it just wasn’t as good to me as Michael Vogel’s first episode, A Hearth Warming’s Tail. 7.3/10

Stranger Than Fan Fiction - They should’ve had Quibble Pants take a jab at Daring Do being made into an alicorn princess while they were at it. Being serious, it’s obvious they weren’t just parodying bronies with Quibble, they were also parodying hyper-obsessed fans who fuss over every minute detail of what they’re a fan of to the point where they forget that it’s just fictional entertainment in general. Quibble’s a grating, but wonderfully grating character, and it’s so fun to watch him nitpick the life-threatening situation he and Rainbow Dash are in over realism of all things. Combine that with a good adventure story and you have yourself a fine episode. 8.2/10

The Cart Before the Ponies - An okay Cutie Mark Crusaders episode. It does definitely deserve credit for its mostly accurate portrayal of how the problem with being a kid working with your older sibling on a project usually goes, and seeing the CMC’s struggle with their older sisters is entertaining in that regard. However, other than that, a lot of the episode is forgettable. The song wasn’t my thing, I don’t remember anything particularly funny, and while seeing Derpy again was cool, it reminded me that there really isn’t too much to note about her anymore. 7.2/10

28 Pranks Later - Pretty good for an episode I wasn’t expecting much from, I liked how all the pranks Rainbow Dash pulled got a laugh out of me. I also liked how the story wasn’t as predictable as I thought it would be (to be fair, I did watch the episode blind, but still, Mare Do Well II...right…), I was actually guessing what would happen for a while and it didn’t become clear as day until close to the reveal. And even that was saved by what’s probably my favorite Rainbow Dash line of all time. 8.2/10

The Times They are a Changeling - Yes, yes, yes, this episode was not disappointing...to me at least. I know very well that no episode is going to please everyone and that there are legitimate reasons to be disappointed with this episode, like the corny resolution with the song (...which happened to be a song I actually liked?). But most of the problems people have with this episode are honestly just quirks I’ve come to accept. Also, this is definitely my favorite Spike episode. His character is just so admirable now. More than risking his reputation, he accepted that he was going to die for his mistake. That’s just awesome. 8.7/10

Dungeons and Discord - Really good, just like I expected it to be. You can’t really go wrong with a Discord episode, especially when you’re still outdoing yourself with imaginative and hilarious gags for him. My only real complaint was how long it took for the episode’s “feature presentation” to begin, the part with them getting sucked into the game not happening until the last third of the episode. I also found it goofy how they didn’t actually bring the enemies from the game to life and just left them as cards. Still, I want a sub-sequel to this episode now, where we see the rest of the Mane 6 join in on the game. 8.8/10

Buckball Season - Sure as I was that this was just going to be an eh/okay episode, I turned out to be wrong. Having never been particularly interested in sports, much less cartoon episodes that center around them, it’s hard to explain why I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Maybe because this episode’s focus is not the sport it features, but the engaging story. I also like how it goes against what you’d normally expect, seeing Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy kicking ass at sports definitely intrigued me more than RD and AJ doing so. Though not big on laughs, this was certainly worthwhile. 8.4/10

The Fault in Our Cutie Marks - Much better than The Cart Before the Ponies, I think we can all agree. That griffon who seemed kind of annoying to me at first actually ended up being a very likable character and I loved how they went against pretty much every cliche I was expecting. I liked the song too, the only real disappointment was no gag at the end with Twilight finding out that she had been misled. 8.6/10

Viva Las Pegasus - Viva la vanilla, this is another one of those ‘vanilla good’ episodes. The kind of episodes that are well-written but just make you struggle for something to talk about. I like how they went for another unorthodox pair-up with Applejack and Fluttershy and the curveball they threw towards the end, but other than that...I can’t think of anything to say other than that. 7.7/10

Every Little Thing She Does - Michael Vogel stands out again, this is the best episode he’s written for since A Hearth Warming’s Tail. I guess he just has a talent for writing Starlight Glimmer because I loved her in both this episode and the aforementioned. Even though she doesn’t retain traits of her old personality from when she was a villain, unlike Discord, she still manages to prove highly entertaining. I was laughing a lot at how the Mane 6 misunderstood her when they were under her spell. Even though the ending was pretty much what I expected, it was still worth it for that last line of Starlight’s. 8.8/10

P.P.O.V. (Pony Point of View) - Another episode that I like but somehow also feel divided on. It’s a decent take on the classic “tales from different perspectives” plot with some good laughs, like how they all say the boat crashed in the middle of the ocean, only for us to later find out it crashed right next to the dock, but the conclusion is just strangely underwhelming to me, I’m not sure why. 8.3/10

Where the Apple Lies - Applejack as a pathological liar? Big Mac as a jabberer? The characters do have last names? Gotta give them credit, a lot of this was unexpected. I never thought they’d do an ‘origins story’ episode in this style. It’s another good take on a classic plot, this time, the “web of lies” plot. It’s pretty entertaining to watch the extremes Applejack goes to avoid getting busted. Only thing I didn’t care for was the “who will run the farm” element of the story, I felt it could’ve easily been written out. 8.4/10

Top Bolt - A pretty decent episode that offered a surprisingly fresh character conflict. Vapor Trail reminds me of Fluttershy while Sky Stinger makes me imagine Rainbow Dash and Zephyr Breeze put together. I didn’t really see the point of Angel Wings’ inclusion other than for an extra gag, but I still like the episode overall for putting Twilight and Rainbow in a realistic and thought-provoking situation. 8.3/10

To Where and Back Again (both parts) - For the third time in a row now, we are given an incredible season finale. The first part of it didn’t completely grab me, but by the second part, I was completely invested in the story. The writing was excellent in how they made every character in Starlight’s crew equally important in spite of the limitations they had. The humor was also surprisingly strong. It’s astounding how Starlight’s team members played off each other so well despite being so different. Oh yeah, and Chrysalis doesn’t change at the end. Thank you for showing some balls Studio B, this was lit. 9.5/10

EPISODES I LOVED

The Gift of Maud Pie

Newbie Dash

A Hearth Warming’s Tail

The Times They are a Changeling

Dungeons and Discord

The Fault in Our Cutie Marks

Every Little Thing She Does

To Where and Back Again (both parts)

EPISODES I LIKED

The Crystalling (both parts)

On Your Marks

Gauntlet of Fire

No Second Prances

The Saddle Row Review

Applejack’s “Day” Off

Flutter Brutter

28 Pranks Later

Buckball Season

Viva Las Pegasus

P.P.O.V. (Pony Point of View)

Where the Apple Lies

Top Bolt

EPISODES I DIDN’T MIND

Spice Up Your Life

The Cart Before the Ponies

Overall, this season was a bit iffy to me at first with a not-so-good season premiere, but it quickly picked up and now rivals Season 4 and 5 as my favorite season. Any specific criticisms? I’m not the biggest fan of the Map and Im still not the biggest fan of Starlight Glimmer, even though she’s gotten better. Praising this season is easy, I liked most of the new characters and almost every episode. Just two of them being lackluster to me came as an impressive surprise. So yeah, it’s all chill. Cheers to Season 7.

Yeah, that’s really all I have to say this time. It’s funny looking back on it now that as my mini-reviews of these episodes get more detailed, I seem to find myself with less to say for my final thoughts.

The movie might actually not be about aliens.

Edited by Edgy Metal
  • Like 1

Well, with season 7 coming out next month and the movie coming out in October, I just want to say something.

When I first learned about this show and it's fanbase back in early 2014, I will admit, I was a bit of an anti-brony (still ashamed of that phase in my life), but once I started actually watching the show, I started to realize why so many people liked it. It's a great show with colorful, likeable characters and detailed environments. I don't regret becoming a brony, because it's one of the reasons I became close friends with @Metal Snake <3 In short, this show is awesome and I cannot wait for the months to come. :)

• Like 1

Fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck fuck I still need to catch up with Season 6. I've watched every single one up until the Rainbow Dash prank episode, which I did not like at all.

Also when is Season 7 airing? I looked it up but I couldn't find anything

EDIT: Oh wait there's no exact date yet, but it's confirmed it's coming next month.

Edited by CyanideFishbone

While season 7 coming this Saturday, so I figure that I should share my thoughts on MLP.. When I first heard this show back in 2010 as I was curious to see it that was first announced coming to the Hub (that was before Discovery Family changed its name, which i didn't like the changed name personally). I decided to watch first episode which was 2-parters, and it was...actually pretty decent, and i watched few more episodes. However, i stopped around 10 episodes in for season 1. Summer 2011 was best moment in SBC IMO because of how fun we had with little MLP fad that made me realized to watch more, but i didn't get a chance until last yer when I finally had a chance to caught up to end of season 1. Things started when I wasn't able to do finish on time by end of that year, so i gave up on it. Earlier this year, After Regular Show has ended as I wanted to catch up MLP during last month, and I finally caugh up just in time for season 7 :plankton2: . I mean I really enjoyed this show as much  I like Star vs. Forces of Evil IMO. my personal favorite ponies are Rarity (isn't she amazing? <333), Coco & Moondancer. as for my ranking for each seasons.

Season 1: A

Season 2: B+

Season 3 C (well tbh some of it were ok i guess except the finale).

Season 4: B

Season 5: A+

Season 6: A+

Honestly, this show was very good animation. which I would give Studio B (now DHX Media) for what they did. it makes me how i feel about My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic truly one of best animated series of all time which I personally placed in top 3 between Star & Gumball (although Gravity Falls used to be my #1, but Star took it place).

Overall, MLP has wonderful characters, great animation, the songs gives me P&F vibe to it (sorta :P ), but I loved how catchy it is,  and of course these episodes are very decent. I could consider myself brony which which is pretty much what this show means to me a lot. Each season has lots of different stories that much to learn about the pomies finding their friendship.

But yeah, MLP:FIM is amazing, and I'm sure can't wait to tune in for season 7 on what to expect in stores for us.

• Like 3

The Season 7 premiere episodes were pretty good, better than the Season 6 premiere for sure. Felt weird not watching the season kick off with a two-parter as opposed to tradition, but yeah, the quality of the episodes matters the most. Not to mention that the main reason The Crystalling was somewhat underwhelming is because they pushed it to be two episodes long. Otherwise, yay, Celestia, Starlight Glimmer, and Trixie have character now.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Metal Snake said:

The Season 7 premiere episodes were pretty good, better than the Season 6 premiere for sure. Felt weird not watching the season kick off with a two-parter as opposed to tradition, but yeah, the quality of the episodes matters the most. Not to mention that the main reason The Crystalling was somewhat underwhelming is because they pushed it to be two episodes long. Otherwise, yay, Celestia, Starlight Glimmer, and Trixie have character now.

I felt that the Starlight & Trixie episode was more relatable, seeing how on many occasions I have bottled up my anger in fear of losing my friends. Not only is that not healthy, but you are sort of letting your friend step all over you by not telling them straight up that you're not ok with what they're doing. It's better being honest than being a doormat.

• Like 1